TV Library Issues
this seems to be the right place to hang on to, because it could solve a question of mine, which i have for quite a time now...

i was always using media companion to scrape my tvshows from the beginning on (because i didn't know it better..) my question is now: is it needed anyway?

if i delete all of those scraped nfos - does xbmc scrape the info automatically? this is my structure:

folder "tvshows" contains severel subfolders e.g. "csi miami" "dollhouse" etc.. in these subfolders are all the episodes named like "s01e05 corruption.avi" - does xbmc recognize them in that way?

i'm asking that because it's quite annoying by now to copy over the new series, connect to the media-pc, scrape with media companion etc...

any1 able to help me with that?
FattyMcDirty Wrote:this seems to be the right place to hang on to, because it could solve a question of mine, which i have for quite a time now...

i was always using media companion to scrape my tvshows from the beginning on (because i didn't know it better..) my question is now: is it needed anyway?

if i delete all of those scraped nfos - does xbmc scrape the info automatically? this is my structure:

folder "tvshows" contains severel subfolders e.g. "csi miami" "dollhouse" etc.. in these subfolders are all the episodes named like "s01e05 corruption.avi" - does xbmc recognize them in that way?

i'm asking that because it's quite annoying by now to copy over the new series, connect to the media-pc, scrape with media companion etc...

any1 able to help me with that?

You are correct, you do not need media companion for this! Delete the nfos and give it a scan Big Grin
vdrfan Wrote:Please upgrade to a more recent version of XBMC (nightly) and report back.

This is a full log using SVN 27217: http://pastebin.com/m34ab946c i will report back if another build comes today
the only real advantage of media companion is, that you're able to select which e.g. posters or fanart you prefer, right? when xbmc scrapes all of this on it's own, you do not have any chance to select which one you'd like to be downloaded, right? just take it as it comes...
hmm, i dont think Louike's issue is the same as mine. his error msg is different. mine looks like it is missing a tag. can someone who knows more about these nfo's and scrapes look at my error message and see if they know what might be going on?

Fatty..., you can preselect the pics, but also creates the nfo files and images once and you wont have to redo the full scrape/download on any of the other xbmc's in your house. plus it can help you find missing episodes, renaming, and so forth. its just a tool for organization that would help me....if i could get xbmc to work.
Please separate the helper tools discussion and create another thread for it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Some extra info:

i started upgrading from camelot to find the svn (within my collection) where the bug slipped in. and it's somewhere between Rev26459 and r26540.

The funny thing is that r26540 is the build from when i started using the buildbot instead of Ikons' builds. i'll try to have him build me a newer one. i'll keep u posted.
This might fix the issue:

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/28677

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Library Issues0