Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback
Hi

I have something ala the same.

I only use . iso or .img files. And everything was nice before. No problems at all.

But now, it gets black.. The sound and the picture is gone..
The last movie this happen at 20 min, 41 min and 61 min out in the movie.

It also makes the tv goes black. Just the same as I pull the HDMI plug aut of the tv. If I the take my keybord ore mouse and touch them. It gets back. But then XBMC is minimized, and I have use ALT-TAB to get it back. And then the movie gets back automatikcly. Sometimes I have to push play or stop then play to start it again.

Here is the log:
1: http://pastebin.com/gbrxyWqp
2: http://pastebin.com/bAiaF1EX

I have disabled the screensaver. I cant see that the disk are set to stop eather.

Edit: New log, New Film. The same happen.. I have something istalled called Asus EPU-4. I will try to uninstall this to.. But here is the log: http://pastebin.com/aT5qwbgW

And this happen:
debug start 21.00
film start 21.01
stopp 21.21 pause, alt+tab to regain focus, play
stopp 21.42 same
stopp 22.02 same
stopp 22.23 same
stopp 22.44 same

I`ll say is every 20 minutes.. But because I use some time.. Its more because I think the pc do someting if it isent used in 20 mins.

Kindly

Petter

Sorry for my bad english.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
I'm still having problems with this. After some testing though, the issue does not appear to happen with DXVA is disabled. When it is enabled though, my SD content continues to freeze randomly.

Can anyone offer any advice for us? My debug logs are in the previous posts.
Hello,

i have the same problem. Sometime the movies stop to play (HD sources from HDD) for about 30-60 seconds, after this interval xbmc continues to playing the movie. Sometimes xbmc kick me back to the menu.

XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/0RpwW3na

The approximate times are:

movie start: 11:51:30
First Freeze: 11:54:45 -> 11:54:48 (first time that the freeze are so short)
Second Freeze: 11:56:10 -> 11:57:07

Hardware:
CPU: Intel i3 530
Board: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H / Rev.1 / Bios F11
RAM: G.Skill RipJaws DIMM Kit 4GB PC3-10667U
HDD: 1x OCZ Vertex 2 60GB / 2x WD Caviar Green 2000GB
GPU: Intel HD
I've been compiling a list of issues with high-def playback, and their solutions.

@ PULARITHA -You might want to check out the Audio section:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post705811

Specifically, make sure you disable all extra audio devices in device manager.
@steppedup

Thanks, but the problem still exists. (i disabled the 2. hdmi audio controller @ device manager & i disabled all other audio outputs @ sound manager)
I tried disabling my other audio devices as well and no luck. Thanks for the suggestion.

This problem used to only happen to me with SD content, but it's now happening with HD (x264 MKVs) content as well. Did another complete reinstall of XBMC and though it happens less, it still happens frequently enough.

I am convinced in everything that I've done that it's got to be some kind of problem with the program and not my system. I didn't experience this in 9.11 or any of the Dharma beta builds.
This has been killing me...NoAngryAngry

did full wipe and reinstall of windows7 .. everythng you can think of.. Anyhow..

Searched everywhere for solution. On the other forum person was suggesting that issue is with windows 7 and the work around for him was to disable Media Networks Sharing in services, along with disabling media streaming in Network Sharing Centre>Advanced Sharing Options.

I have done this myself as i don’t have need for network streaming and haven’t had a single freeze/ crash / long pause or stutter.
I don’t know if this is solution or not. My system has been now running freeze/crash free for about a week and a bit.
Thanks tubtub. I will give it a shot.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have XBMC installed on a solid state drive? Not sure why it would matter, but I moved my installation to a regular hard drive and am having much better luck.
@neuraclone
yes! (HDD: 1x OCZ Vertex 2 60GB / 2x WD Caviar Green 2000GB)
Yes, I'm also on an OCZ Vertex 2.

I "fixed" the problem by disabling DXVA2 and now it works flawlessly... Except I'd like to use dxva if I could...
I also have the same problem, playing mkv, m2ts files has ramdom freezing or choppy parts.... Its never in the same part of the movie.
Intel Dual Core 3.0GHz
4GB RAM
I have files on local hard drive and stream from my server. They both have the same problem.... this suxx never use to happen before!
@PULARITHA, @BlueScreenJunky

That's very interesting. I too am using an OCZ Vertex 2 60GB. I wonder if that is the common thread here. I don't see how, but as I recall the problems did start happening when I starting using an SSD.

As for DXVA, the problem is greatly lessened, but I've had it happen once or twice with DXVA disabled.

Not sure what the common thread here is, but perhaps a dev can shed some light?
Hi all,

I'm running Dharma 10.0 and am experiencing a consistent freeze at the same frame. The audio goes into a loop and the video playback will freeze or at best stutter. This happens at the exact same point of the MKV file every time and on two machines. The same file plays fine in both WMP and VLC.

Before I go into too much detail and post logs is this the appropriate thread as it would appear the issues in this thread are random? Also does anyone know if this is known issue.

I've searched around for an hour but with no luck so sorry if this is a duplicate.

Many Thanks,
Dan.
Sorry to say but what i said earlier :

"disable Media Networks Sharing in services, along with disabling media streaming in Network Sharing Centre>Advanced Sharing Options."

is not a fix, at least not for me. My system worked fine for nearly 2 weeks then last night same problem is back. Video freezes, sound goes in a loop and system no longer responds to anything. Hard reboot had to be performed.
Once rebooted it played the same file without any issues.

I'm soo sick of this rubbish....
So here's what I've determined in more testing. My previous line of thought was that it has something to do with using a solid state drive with XBMC, but that doesn't appear to matter as I could reproduce the issue running it from a regular HDD.

I've ultimately downgrade back to version 9.11, and have no problems whatsoever. I did so because while the problem is heavily present with DXVA enabled, it seems to still occur with it turned off. I've been running 9.11 for a couple weeks now and have not seen a single freeze in a bunch of files I have tested.

I don't know what changed between the previous version and this one, but my thinking is that something in ffmpeg is causing problems. I'm no expert, when the issues occurs, I ALWAYS see this in the logs:

Quote:WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
I don't know why it's timing out, and frankly it shouldn't be since the media is on a local hard disk.

I understand that it's very difficult to diagnose problems and support an application that is running on a multitude of platforms with an infinite number of configurations, but I think this has become a big enough problem to take note of.

I for one appreciate and love this amazing application you all have created, and would love nothing more to have it working at it's full potential.

Thanks so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback0