[XBMC Live] Support AMD E-350 platform ?
No, I have used the one on the download page (that I believe 90% of the people are gone use initialy).
Ok. You used a live CD without the needed drivers.
Well..maybe..
Anyway, I dont really care about Live version. But it would seem logical to me that if there are some NEEDED drivers, they should be included..not search for "custom xbmc-live ubuntu 10.10 x64 build (done using xbmc-live sdk)"
Just my 2 cents
Well, there is no built in support for the AMD plattform at the moment but it is possible to use XBMC with the correct drivers. Your post about the performance is useless because you dont installed the needed drivers...
Qroach Wrote:i just ordered one of these e350 boards. I will get it in a couple of days, and i will post my impressions after installing.
Hi,

Have you received your E350 platform ?
If YES, have you tried installing XBMC ?

Thanks for any experience :-)
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
I'd install xbmc-live special prepared CD - with no success, mkv and some others skipping frames etc. , ubuntu 10.10 generic amd64 with lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr repo plays quite well but almost all videos shows horizontal "cut lines" (i think it happens because of lack of hsync, or something)
Windows 7 + XBMC works perfect. But remote control in linux is more "human"...

Jean-Max Wrote:Hi,

Have you received your E350 platform ?
If YES, have you tried installing XBMC ?

Thanks for any experience :-)
Did anyone manage to get audio working on the modified live cd? I tried installing the driver from realtek but it still says no audio device Sad
Hi all

Over the weekend I built a new htmc box using the asrock board. All is working well but I have noticed some tearing on bluray rips. Interesting both cores run at around 20% cpu use when playing the rips.

I have both hdmi and optical sound.

I am running ububtu 10.10 with the precompiled binary from lars' ppa. I installed from the minimal iso, installed the 11.3 catalyst ati drivers, and xbmc live from the ppa.

I did a fair but of mucking around to get vaapi going but I think I ended up with these from the ppa.

Big thanks for everyone's hard work which allows this set up to work.

Edit:
I used the PVR PPA here:
https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr
ecoeco Wrote:Hi all

Over the weekend I built a new htmc box using the asrock board. All is working well but I have noticed some tearing on bluray rips. Interesting both cores run at around 20% cpu use when playing the rips.

I have both hdmi and optical sound.

I am running ububtu 10.10 with the precompiled binary from lars' ppa. I installed from the minimal iso, installed the 11.3 catalyst ati drivers, and xbmc live from the ppa.
I did a fair but of mucking around to get vaapi going but I think I ended up with these from the ppa.

Big thanks for everyone's hard work which allows this set up to work.

Do you have a link to lar's ppa? I haven't been able to find it, thanks!
Hi guys, so here's my feedback when using the jetway AMD e350 board.

The entire reason I bought this board was that it supports mini sata which means i could use my intel mini sata hard drive. I ran into lots of problems getting certain things to work but in the end got everything working ( mostly). basically my problem was that karmic didn't support the trim function needed to use a SSD drive properly. Maverick supported it, but didn't work right with imon remotes, and 11.04 had issues with video drivers.

I used the user created live cd created for AMD hardware ( listed in this and other threads), but found that the version of ubuntu it uses makes it next to impossible for my imon remote to work the way i want it to. Ubuntu 10.10 has that build in imon driver that I just couldn't find a way to disable. so what i did was update my kernel to the 11.04 kernel. After a hell of a lot of tweaking i got my imon remote to work. I also had the problem of video drivers not working correctly when updating to the latest version.

I installed the latest pvr release from LARS as it was all that was available without compiling yourself ( seems I can use a regular unstable PPA build now).

I eventually got it all to work so xbmc could launch, but i still find that it does crash/hang. other than that it runs really well. all my videos play properly (even in 1080p), but i have noticed if you stop a video part way through and come back to play it later the audio will be off unless you start it from the beginning. A little annoying but not a deal breaker.

I've also notice suspend is working a bit strange when it doesn't come back properly. the machine is on but you get no video. I have to unplug it and plug the machine back in before i get any video ( really odd). I'm still looking into that one...
touser Wrote:Do you have a link to lar's ppa? I haven't been able to find it, thanks!

Yes - the link is:
https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr
Qroach Wrote:I used the user created live cd created for AMD hardware ( listed in this and other threads), but found that the version of ubuntu it uses makes it next to impossible for my imon remote to work the way i want it to. Ubuntu 10.10 has that build in imon driver that I just couldn't find a way to disable. so what i did was update my kernel to the 11.04 kernel. After a hell of a lot of tweaking i got my imon remote to work. I also had the problem of video drivers not working correctly when updating to the latest version.

Did you try disabiling the lirc kernal drivers in 10.10? as detailed here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9...ostcount=4

I used this to get my backup remote working, but am still working on gettting my principal remote to work.
I install the amd iso and it gets to 87% and then returns to the menu at the option ;install the system' right after it says its installing languages. Never gets past that point on my Zotac ado2.

Any ideas people?

Thank you
Any ideas how to get audio working?

I desire the live cd feel to XBMC on this system, same as everyone with the standard build I get sluggish video but with the build listed here it works perfectly.

cheers
Paul
i have the audio output set to HDMI though I have found it wont process dolby digital 5.1 audiostreams

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC Live] Support AMD E-350 platform ?0