• 22(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]
Hey Gade, thanks for your reply!

(2016-04-02, 00:54)Gade Wrote: I use it on my OpenELEC Rpi2 as well and mostly experience the same as you. Some lagging when entering the libraries first time after boot etc. can be expected.

Yeah I quite agree! The funny thing is, on my RasPi 2, the bad lag not only occurs the first time I enter a library after booting. Let's say I enter Movies after booting. Takes about 15 seconds. I go back to the main menu and immediately to Movies again. Then it's very fast, takes only 1-2 seconds.

But, when I do something else in between, like going to TV Shows, the next time I go to Movies it takes a long time again. It almost feels like Kodi caches some stuff in memory and the cache is not big enough.

Do you maybe have an idea about that? Something I could try?
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
(2016-04-03, 18:43)Loc2262 Wrote: Hey Gade, thanks for your reply!

(2016-04-02, 00:54)Gade Wrote: I use it on my OpenELEC Rpi2 as well and mostly experience the same as you. Some lagging when entering the libraries first time after boot etc. can be expected.

Yeah I quite agree! The funny thing is, on my RasPi 2, the bad lag not only occurs the first time I enter a library after booting. Let's say I enter Movies after booting. Takes about 15 seconds. I go back to the main menu and immediately to Movies again. Then it's very fast, takes only 1-2 seconds.

But, when I do something else in between, like going to TV Shows, the next time I go to Movies it takes a long time again. It almost feels like Kodi caches some stuff in memory and the cache is not big enough.

Do you maybe have an idea about that? Something I could try?

Yeah, I'm not sure what's happening.

I don't use OpenELEC enough to give you an answer. Perhaps you should ask somewhere else in these forums. There are some really experienced OpenELEC users here. Smile

Did you try disabling animations in the skin settings?
Yeah I disabled the animations, but that made no difference. Sad But thanks in any case! As you suggested I shall ask in a specific forum where Raspi users are plentiful! Smile
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
(2016-04-04, 17:40)Loc2262 Wrote: Yeah I disabled the animations, but that made no difference. Sad But thanks in any case! As you suggested I shall ask in a specific forum where Raspi users are plentiful! Smile

Thanks for checking the animations. It's nice to know if those settings makes a difference in this case or not Smile
Anyone using the "Animations" section in the skin settings to disable animations?

I was thinking of removing this function and add ONE skin setting in the General section to enable low CPU mode. This setting will disable some animations, disable video playing in the background, visualizations etc.

What do you think?
UPDATE: Rapier 8.8.4 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

This is quite the update, where highlights are:
  • Added Awards / Critics to ExtendedInfo video information window. Screenshot below.
  • Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons section will now have add-on descriptions.
  • Added Subtitle Position button to fullscreen video OSD subtitles popup. Use this button to position your subtitles. Actions are: click for positioning methods, left / right for positioning fixed subtitles. Screenshot below.
  • Added List View and List Info 2 View to Youtube Browser window. All Youtube searches will now use script.extendedinfo and the Youtube Browser. Screenshots below.
  • Skin Settings: Fanart, backgrounds and custom backgrounds are now dimmed individually on a 0-100% scale. Screenshot below.
  • Added home screen music playlist widget with player controls and full navigation. Screenshot below.
  • Skin Settings: Added "Enable Low CPU Power Mode" button to Skin Settings > General. This replaces "Animations" section and might improve performance on lower powered systems.
    When enabled, you can choose between these two options:
    1. "Disable animations only", which will disable selected animations.
    2. "Disable animations and CPU demanding skin settings", which will disable selected animations AND these CPU demanding skin settings: Video playing in the background, Play trailers in a window, Music CD art, Animated backgrounds and fanart (both music and video), Music visualization and artist fanart in the background (when playing music), Fanart slideshow using script.artistslideshow (when playing music)

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
8.8.4 (21-May-16)
- Added "Enable Low CPU Power Mode" button to Skin Settings > General. This replaces "Animations" section and can disable animations and reset CPU demanding skin settings.
- Added home screen music playlist widget with player controls.
- All Youtube searches will now use ExtendedInfo with Youtube Browser window.
- Added List View and List Info 2 View to Youtube Browser window.
- Skin Settings: Fanart, backgrounds and custom backgrounds are now dimmed individually on a 0-100% scale.
- Skin Settings: Custom backgrounds preview image is now dimmed according to settings when "Background Brightness" button is focused.
- Fixed home screen addon shortcut focus animation.
- Update of script.rss.editor windows.
- Next Aired infolabels will now properly use a fallback label.
- Added Subtitle Position button to fullscreen video OSD subtitles popup.
- Updated descriptions for Supported Add-ons with "Required" labels.
- The selected Skin Settings section button will now stay highlighted when other items are focused.
- Updated screenshots.
- Added Search button to presets dialog when creating custom categories and submenus.
- Updated language files from Transifex.
- Added Similar Movies button to movie information window Extra Info dialog for movie sets.
- Fix for top options menubar Update Library button.
- Added Awards / Critics to ExtendedInfo video information window.
- Added ExtendedInfo TV Show Information in season and episode levels.
- Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons section will now have add-on descriptions.
- Skin Settings will now have main category descriptions.
- Fixed home screen custom widget scroll animation.
- Bugfixing of add-on settings dialog and system settings radio buttons.

Added Awards / Critics to ExtendedInfo video information window

Added Subtitle Position button to fullscreen video OSD subtitles popup

Added List View and List Info 2 View to Youtube Browser window
List Info 2 View

Added List View and List Info 2 View to Youtube Browser window
List View

Skin Settings: Fanart, backgrounds and custom backgrounds are now dimmed individually on a 0-100% scale

Added home screen music playlist widget with player controls

ENJOY!
v8.8.5 pushed to my development repository!
Help is needed translating the main categories: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2361304
UPDATE: Rapier 8.8.7 is available through the official Kodi repository!

The highlights are:
  • View option added to use vertical navigation for Wall View.
  • Busy dialog has been updated with a moving busy spinner. Screenshot below.
  • Visualisations and fanart are both visible when playing music. Before this was not possible for all visualisations. Screenshot below.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
8.8.7 (19-June-16)
- Bugfixing of PVR breadcrumbs.
- Fix skin settings scrollbar navigation.
- Visualisations and fanart are both visible when playing music.
- Updated busy dialog with busy spinner.
- Added scroll animation to OSD PVR Channels and Guide dialogs.
- Added watched and partially watched overlays to Icon View with view option to disable them (thanks to MaikoHermans).
- Added View Option to use vertical navigation for Wall View.
- Rearranged some View Options buttons.
- Fixed info pane genre labels for movie sets.

Updated busy dialog with busy spinner

Visualisations and fanart are both visible when playing music

ENJOY!
Anyone still using the Cinema Experience add-on (script.cinema.experience), who haven't switched to Cinema Vision (script.cinemavision)?

I was thinking about removing support for Cinema Experience, as it's not being developed anymore.
If people are not automatically updated to use my development repo v1.1.4,
you should download it here and install manually from zip.

Sorry about any inconvenience.
UPDATE: Rapier 8.8.9 is available through the official Kodi repository!

The highlights are:
  • Extended View has been added for movie, tv show and music video tags.
  • Playlist View has been created to extend information and user friendliness in current playlist window. Screenshots below.
  • Playlist Editor window has been updated. Screenshot below.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
8.8.9 (26-July-16)
- Code cleanup.
- Added more animations to "Low CPU Power Mode".
- Updated playlist windows: changed shuffle button, added info labels and media flags.
- Added Playlist View to current playlist window.
- Updated playlist editor window.
- Added Extended View to movie, tv show and music video tags.
- Added season number breadcrumb to episode window.
- Updated main category languages (thanks to patria o muerte, rootsun, NEOhidra).
- Updated favourites dialog.
- Updated README and merged README.txt into README.md

Added Playlist View to current playlist window
Music

Added Playlist View to current playlist window
Video

Updated playlist editor window

ENJOY!
UPDATE: Rapier 8.8.10 is available through the official Kodi repository!

As we are getting close to Kodi 17 Krypton RC's, this marks one of the last updates for Kodi 15 Isengard.
If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend updating to Kodi 16 Jarvis or Kodi 17 Krypton betas, as the new features are incredible! Smile

Highlights are:
  • Fanart, clear logo and much has been added to the PVR recordings window with View Options to disable.
  • Added new skin setting (Skin Settings > Media > Music Playing): Enable fullscreen window when starting music.
    Enabling this setting will immediately open up the fullscreen music window when music playback is started.
  • Updated presets dialog (when creating custom categories / submenus) with a full weather section. Screenshot below.
  • 2 new fonts have been added:
    Homozio Nova, which is a modern, narrow, minimalistic font working really well for the flat theme and a laptop. Screenshots below.
    Multilingual, which supports a lot of previously unsupported languages.
  • The screen calibration window has been updated and some new images are added.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
8.8.10 (19-September-16)
- Added Skin Settings > Media > Music Playing > setting to enable fullscreen window when starting music.
- Updated Presets Dialog with Weather section (when creating custom categories / submenus).
- Increased the size of add-on settings dialog.
- Changed all instances of "Live TV" to "TV".
- Added more info on the next playing item in information dialog when playing fullscreen live tv.
- Bugfixing of PVR section.
- Added fanart for PVR recordings with view option to disable.
- Added Homizio Nova font.
- Added clearlogo to PVR recordings window with view option to disable.
- Bugfixing of unrated / no rating media flags.
- Added multilingual font.
- Updated screen calibration window.

Added Homizio Nova font

Added Homizio Nova font

Updated Presets Dialog with Weather section (when creating custom categories / submenus)

ENJOY!
I have added 2 guides on the Rapier wiki:

CREATING A CUSTOM CATEGORY

ADDING, REMOVING OR EDITING SUBMENUS
I just pushed Rapier 8.8.11 to my development repo!
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 8.8.15 for Kodi 15 Isengard [DEPRECATED]2