• 3(current)
UFC Fight Pass?
alright so quick update, I've now got the menus/data scraping working but the getting the video is turning out to be a bit trickier, should be done(albeit in a slightly hacky spaghetti way) in a week or two depending on my work schedule.

if anyone knows how to get the video manifest easy feel free to share because they've changed it and it's turning out to be a bit annoying to fix haha
(2017-03-07, 04:22)mayofreak Wrote: alright so quick update, I've now got the menus/data scraping working but the getting the video is turning out to be a bit trickier, should be done(albeit in a slightly hacky spaghetti way) in a week or two depending on my work schedule.

if anyone knows how to get the video manifest easy feel free to share because they've changed it and it's turning out to be a bit annoying to fix haha

I remember going down that road before. I can probably get the lower quality (SD - 1200kb bitrate max, I believe) streams coming in again fairly easily. Let me know if you've already started fixing the publish point stuff. If not, I'll fix it.
Any code I write will be submitted as a PR to siuside's repo.
Yeah I haven't gotten around to looking at yet, been pretty tied up at work. but from memory the publishpoint doesn't seem to like any of the UAs i've tried so i think there is something else that is broken but I know getting the whole desktop manifest is possible because a third party downloader can get it all the available bit rates fine but unfortunately it isn't open source so I can't understand how it's getting it
(2017-03-11, 08:43)mayofreak Wrote: Yeah I haven't gotten around to looking at yet, been pretty tied up at work. but from memory the publishpoint doesn't seem to like any of the UAs i've tried so i think there is something else that is broken but I know getting the whole desktop manifest is possible because a third party downloader can get it all the available bit rates fine but unfortunately it isn't open source so I can't understand how it's getting it

I submitted a PR for the publish point fix -- loading in SD streams for now. Only tested by loading single video in. Sniffing the traffic from my mobile device also uncovered some APIs that could be used to fetch menu data rather than scraping, but will leave that for now since you have that working.
Please start utilizing Fiddler (if you were not aware of it, apologies if you already are). I found it to be the best tool for reverse engg for Kodi projects or otherwise. I know with your skills you probably already knew about it but posting this in case someone reading finds it helpful

This should help us with the HD feeds

Code:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.87 Safari/537.36
X-Requested-With: ShockwaveFlash/24.0.0.221
Accept: */*
Referer: https://www.ufc.tv/video
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, sdch, br
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8

For the current live event I saw the following in the logs

Code:
GET http://nlds236.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/ufc/camera0/as/live/camera0_hd_4500/20170311/19/1328.mp4?nltid=ufc&nltdt=0&uid=3474461 HTTP/1.1

other bit rates are camera0_hd_3000 / 400 and 800`
ok if you go to my fork of it there is a working version but it's super hacky, and sub categories is pretty broken but working to the point where you can play videos, I'm not doing a pull request though because it's more just to make sure it's working

to do:
fix get_parsed_subs
fix get_parsed_vids(more minor issues)
reintergrate thumbnails, dates and descriptions
higher bitrates
fix all the terrible spaghetti workarounds i tried and left in there

possibly in the future get the manifest with selectable bitrates rather than variable

also while testing some uas with access to higher bitrates i found kodi couldn't open any hd streams kept getting 'ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer' might just be my build of kodi though will test out later
mayofreak,

Decent start, but I can't help but wonder if it's time to get rid of the scraping altogether. Just doesn't seem to be deterministic enough. Looking at the APIs, it would likely be pretty easy to do. I think if I crack a beer or three, I could hammer this out in an hour or two and have it back to the way it was before the site update, at least.
yeah I was trying to think about how it would be possible to get all sub categories because the only thing in common between pages that have different types of sub categories like seasons, collections, shows and the like was the url contained /category/ rather than video which would garner even less desirable results than my miserly efforts haha.

I don't know a lot about api calls other than building a few movie suggesting bots from tmdbs api but would be happy to help, I really only did this because I enjoy UFC and wanted to learn a bit of python(literally never used it before haha)
(2017-03-12, 14:40)mayofreak Wrote: also while testing some uas with access to higher bitrates i found kodi couldn't open any hd streams kept getting 'ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer' might just be my build of kodi though will test out later

Yeah, simply changing ua isn't quite enough to get the HD streams coming in. If it were that easy, I'd have done that from the start Smile

Anyway, I think I've resolved the majority of the library menu loading issues.
I believe the only menu that isn't working at this point is Live Events (which I'll fix), but I'll let you guys test it out and see.
Tested on windows and OpenELEC only, so far.

ZIP to test: https://github.com/portse/plugin.video.u...master.zip

Cheers
aweseome! works on android too

I might have a bit of a tinker around(for myself) see if I can do anything else
(2017-03-13, 03:21)portse Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 14:40)mayofreak Wrote: also while testing some uas with access to higher bitrates i found kodi couldn't open any hd streams kept getting 'ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer' might just be my build of kodi though will test out later

Yeah, simply changing ua isn't quite enough to get the HD streams coming in. If it were that easy, I'd have done that from the start Smile

Anyway, I think I've resolved the majority of the library menu loading issues.
I believe the only menu that isn't working at this point is Live Events (which I'll fix), but I'll let you guys test it out and see.
Tested on windows and OpenELEC only, so far.

ZIP to test: https://github.com/portse/plugin.video.u...master.zip

Cheers

This is great. Works on the first try for me. Thanks very much.

I downloaded the old one a few weeks ago and didn't get very far before I realized I had no idea how the video streaming was supposed to work. The SD quality is totally watchable.
I just submitted a pull requests for 720 streams, I think xbox one is the only platform that supports 1080 and I don't own one of those so this will have to do for the moment
(2017-03-14, 04:44)mayofreak Wrote: I just submitted a pull requests for 720 streams, I think xbox one is the only platform that supports 1080 and I don't own one of those so this will have to do for the moment

Nice work! Merged. Updated copy of the addon can be downloaded at the same link as above.
@portse excellent work, would you be willing to try and get a BT Sports add on working? ive little coding knwledge, but from what i have discovered the streas remain the same, its just a cookie that needs pulled each day to play them, similar to Fox Sports Go add on

any help or direction would be appreciated
(2017-03-14, 17:00)markeymark Wrote: @portse excellent work, would you be willing to try and get a BT Sports add on working? ive little coding knwledge, but from what i have discovered the streas remain the same, its just a cookie that needs pulled each day to play them, similar to Fox Sports Go add on

any help or direction would be appreciated

here some help for ya, start your own thread, your ? has nothing to do with the UFC addon!!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UFC Fight Pass?1