• 3(current)
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher
Thanks Zach. that looks simple enough for a noob like me to follow. ill try that when i get a chance later and let you know how i get on.
Where is this addon caching the roms that download?
What is the path?
----
Got this working on OpenElec. Nicely done. Now, if I could figure out how to configure my remote or add a controller.....
Awesome work! it ill definitely try getting this running on my shield android tv
(2016-01-03, 09:05)McButton Wrote: Where is this addon caching the roms that download?
What is the path?
----
Got this working on OpenElec. Nicely done. Now, if I could figure out how to configure my remote or add a controller.....

The download options are covered in the wiki here.
(2016-01-03, 22:11)ZombieRobot Wrote: Awesome work! it ill definitely try getting this running on my shield android tv

I'd be interested to know if it's working on your shield.

Currently it's failing to launch Retroarch for me.
(2016-01-04, 19:50)Paranoidjack Wrote:
(2016-01-03, 22:11)ZombieRobot Wrote: Awesome work! it ill definitely try getting this running on my shield android tv

Yeah same here i haven't had any time to do much playing around to get it to work bus so far i cant get it to work
(2016-01-05, 08:06)ZombieRobot Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 19:50)Paranoidjack Wrote:

Yeah same here i haven't had any time to do much playing around to get it to work bus so far i cant get it to work

Yes, android is the one platform that eludes me still. I don't have an android machine to test on, so I can't debug. I'm really just guessing with launching for android at this point (using Advanced Launcher and RCB as templates). Here's an example of the command that IARL will send for android (nestopia for example).
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Where %ROM_PATH% is the fullpath to the rom file you're trying to launch. If someone is up for testing with an android box, they can put that command into an adb shell (replacing the %ROM_PATH% with an actual nes romfile) and confirm it doesn't launch? Even better, if they know what is incorrect about the above example, I might be able to fix all of them pretty easily/quickly.

Thanks!
Is everyone using some sort of controller for this? I've looked everywhere, and I don't see an easy way to adapt a controller of any time.
I assumed I could bluetooth a PS3 or Wiimote and configure some sort of button map, but no dice.
I thought about using my regular remote...but...
Push button. Wait. Jump. Push button. Wait. Move. Push button. Wait. Jump. Is what it's like. I guess my TV company didn't intend for me to play Mario Bros from their generic remote.

Any ideas?
(2016-01-06, 05:55)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 08:06)ZombieRobot Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 19:50)Paranoidjack Wrote: I'd be interested to know if it's working on your shield.

Yes, android is the one platform that eludes me still. I don't have an android machine to test on, so I can't debug. I'm really just guessing with launching for android at this point (using Advanced Launcher and RCB as templates). Here's an example of the command that IARL will send for android (nestopia for example).
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

Where %ROM_PATH% is the fullpath to the rom file you're trying to launch. If someone is up for testing with an android box, they can put that command into an adb shell (replacing the %ROM_PATH% with an actual nes romfile) and confirm it doesn't launch? Even better, if they know what is incorrect about the above example, I might be able to fix all of them pretty easily/quickly.

Thanks!

I have connected to the shield via ADB and found that it does the same as addon: the screen flashes off and on within a second and fails to launch. I removed the "--user 0" switch and ran it under the normal user but again the same problem.

Also removed any characters in the file name which may caused problems but that didn't help.

I decompiled the Hyperspin APK to see if I could find the way in which they launch RetroArch - this is source file which I believe contains it: http://pastebin.com/vjB5XKP5
In my system (Minix neo x7, android 4.4.2) the plugin fails to detect Android and tries to play the rom with DVDPlayer. Laugh

(2016-01-07, 21:06)Paranoidjack Wrote: I decompiled the Hyperspin APK to see if I could find the way in which they launch RetroArch - this is source file which I believe contains it: http://pastebin.com/vjB5XKP5

Gamesome (another launcher) uses more or less the same extras. But CONFIGFILE on the latest Retroarch (1.3.0) points to
/mnt/internal_sd/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg
at least on my system.
(2016-01-08, 18:08)ghizzu Wrote: In my system (Minix neo x7, android 4.4.2) the plugin fails to detect Android and tries to play the rom with DVDPlayer. Laugh

It attempts the DVD player if you didn't setup the addon to use an external launcher. See the info here.
Thanks, you're right. I assumed that the addon in Android would set external player by default, since Retroplayer for Android AFAIK doesn't exist (yet?).
But the addon fails to start Retroarch regardless. I think you should try with the extras that Hyperspin uses, using the code snippet in the Paranoidjack post as a reference. Or I can test it, if you tell me which part of your code I need to modify.
Update to version 1.4.0:
- Added audio pausing for external launching, fixes HDMI output for some machines when Retroarch is launched
- Fixed IARL skin issue when using Retroplayer. When selecting a game there was a "double tap", closing game window inadvertently.
- Changed location of xml files from addondata to userdata. This will fix erasing user settings from here on out :-)
- Added functions to check for new xml files when add-on is updated. If a new version of the XML is available, the addon will ask the user if they want to overwrite their old one (along with the settings).
- Fixed bug in adding Favorites (poorly formatted XML in some cases)
- Added additional emulator launchers for Kodibuntu/Linux (thanks lefty420)
- Added additional settings for larger cache folder size
- Rescraped Sega Master System (391 Games Filtered, 544 Games Unfiltered)
- Rescraped TG16 (345 Games Filtered, 419 Games Unfiltered)
- Added best of PS1
- Added best of MAME/Arcade
Anyone have any joy getting this working on a shieldtv yet?
A new version is up on Github as a test release (must be installed by zip currently)

After talking with Malte (RCB Addon owner) and doing a little more research, it seems that android is the odd one out of the bunch and use of the system commands I was using isn't quite working (more here if anyone cares in the future, it's an issue with python not having the correct paths to shell if I read that correctly)

So, I added some additional code to hopefully get android launching working, but I need some testers. Please check it out and report back (ensure you follow the instructions for setting up external launching).

This may or may not work. If it doesn't the external launch commands for android may have to be changed from (BSNES as an example):
Code:
/system/bin/am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/bsnes_performance_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
to
Code:
am start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/bsnes_performance_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

I think the first will work, but I'm not sure.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher2