Windows 10 and kodi
(2015-12-13, 18:29)Jogee Wrote: Check windows event log (system, I believe). The error message will be written there, no need for a picture. Post a link to you debug log as well.
Don't post log snippets as they are useless and use pastebin.com

FYI a completely PC reboot is most likely either OS being broken or HW.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
One last time. Full and unedited log file, posted as a link (use pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com). Postings log files to the forum is against the http://kodi.wiki/view/Forum_rules
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
--
(2015-12-13, 18:36)anno006 Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 18:29)Jogee Wrote: Check windows event log (system, I believe). The error message will be written there, no need for a picture. Post a link to you debug log as well.

I already check that, several times. No entry.

i am happy whit kodi. It play all i have. 1-2 years ago when i got problems whit playing movies whit media center and shark007 codes. I got kodi and it was great. since then no problems always played. Movies, anime (whit english sub), series, direct sound, pass trough, dts, etc. Always great.

i am not disappointed whit that there i an error but that it isn't working anymore.

If you are getting a blue screen, then it WILL be in the event log.
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
(2015-12-13, 18:50)Jogee Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 18:36)anno006 Wrote:

I already check that, several times. No entry.

i am happy whit kodi. It play all i have. 1-2 years ago when i got problems whit playing movies whit media center and shark007 codes. I got kodi and it was great. since then no problems always played. Movies, anime (whit english sub), series, direct sound, pass trough, dts, etc. Always great.

i am not disappointed whit that there i an error but that it isn't working anymore.

If you are getting a blue screen, then it WILL be in the event log.
Log?
If its an nvidia based error on ur blue screen welcome to the wonderful world of win10 driver problems
(2015-12-13, 19:14)Derek Wrote: If its an nvidia based error on ur blue screen welcome to the wonderful world of win10 driver problems
If you are getting a blue screen, then you obviously have a software fault low enough into the OS to cause a crash. Generally a driver caused fault. You didn't note the error.

If the blue screen isn't even getting trapped, then it's definitely an OS or driver issue. I'd bed more on driver.

If the hardware is overheating, then it will thermal trip a shutoff and not throw a blue screen. But I've seen overheating devices cause issues. Such as when a fan has failed and it takes a while for the heat to build up enough, or so much dust caked on the fan/heatsink. A capacitor popped somewhere. Take a look inside.

A couple more questions:
What driver package have you installed from NVidia?
Why are using DirectSound? I'd always suggest using WASAPI.
--
(2015-12-13, 19:59)anno006 Wrote: The same package as always, no change.( I mean here years and years)

Seriously? I'm going to assume it's a language issue. I didn't ask if it changed. I asked what package you installed. What NVidia driver package version. For example, 320.12. Or check the NVidia control panel for what version is installed.

But if you haven't changed it for years, you do not have proper drivers installed. Go to NVidia's site and download new drivers. It doesn't matter if it used to work ok, it is a problem now and an obvious problem if you haven't installed proper windows 10 drivers on your computer.

(2015-12-13, 19:59)anno006 Wrote: Because direct sound is the standard option. I change only the sound for pass tough.

Install the updated video drivers as it will included updated HDMI audio drivers. Then change the option to WASAPI.

(2015-12-13, 19:59)anno006 Wrote: Also no overheating, it is winter.. Overheating I am not so type to overheat...and it is the fist thing I did even before I posted here, the inside..

Your house might be normal room temperature in the winter, but that doesn't mean that the PC cannot overheat. I'm glad you looked inside at least.
(2015-12-13, 20:14)Jogee Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 19:59)anno006 Wrote: The same package as always, no change.( I mean here years and years)

Seriously? I'm going to assume it's a language issue. I didn't ask if it changed. I asked what package you installed. What NVidia driver package version. For example, 320.12. Or check the NVidia control panel for what version is installed.

But if you haven't changed it for years, you do not have proper drivers installed. Go to NVidia's site and download new drivers. It doesn't matter if it used to work ok, it is a problem now and an obvious problem if you haven't installed proper windows 10 drivers on your computer.

(2015-12-13, 19:59)anno006 Wrote: Because direct sound is the standard option. I change only the sound for pass tough.

Install the updated video drivers as it will included updated HDMI audio drivers. Then change the option to WASAPI.

(2015-12-13, 19:59)anno006 Wrote: Also no overheating, it is winter.. Overheating I am not so type to overheat...and it is the fist thing I did even before I posted here, the inside..

Your house might be normal room temperature in the winter, but that doesn't mean that the PC cannot overheat. I'm glad you looked inside at least.
I don't understand if you are purposely changing your answers or if it's a language problem. First it's the same video driver for "years and years", then you say you did that 3 days ago. And you still didn't answer the question.

As you are no moron with computers, you do not need my help. Good luck.

Unsubscribed.
--

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 and kodi0