Bug Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.
interesting... im no longer crashing... and nothing changed or updated on my end.. there for... KODI seems to not be so closed circut on the backend... I have a gut feeling something changed on the backend perhaps somthing OTA. that got changed back. im very curios what that could have been.Huh

OS Windows Server 2012 R2 DC
CPU AMD FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5GHz
RAM 16GB @1600Mhz
VIDEO/GPU AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
Martijn: Enough tickets and threads raised on this subject.

Simple fact is that no one knows what is happening and why. No dev has this so it's impossible to fix as crashlogs on this are useless.
Ive had this issue too although it's intermittent for me.
I started having this issue yesterday on win 10 jarvis. did a clean install of kodi today but had the same problem. now after reading this thread i just disabled DXVA2 and it's been good for a few hours.. i hope that does it for me Smile
I'm seeing this error as well. Tried 16 rc1, same issue. It's only happening when using either of the aeon mq6 mods when exiting KODI. Disabling dxva2 tho will disable hardware rendering tho, right?
(2016-03-16, 03:50)leejk Wrote: Disabling dxva2 tho will disable hardware rendering tho, right?
DXVA means DirectX Video Acceleration. It's only for video decoding. If you disable DXVA then GUI will be still rendering with DirectX and this cannot be disabled at all.
(2016-03-16, 09:30)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 03:50)leejk Wrote: Disabling dxva2 tho will disable hardware rendering tho, right?
DXVA means DirectX Video Acceleration. It's only for video decoding. If you disable DXVA then GUI will be still rendering with DirectX and this cannot be disabled at all.

Hi,

Is this something that has been logged already as a bug? I see mention of fixing some dxva issues in the rc1 release notes, but still see it here on an Intel NUC with Win 10. It only happens to me when exiting KODI if using one of the aeon mq 6 skins. Using Titan there is no problem. I have not tried it yet, since my machine is down at the moment, but I would think that disabling dxva would make for sluggish FF & RW, no?

Thx
I posted this in another thread, perhaps it may be the same issue/fix for others.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2287291
Tried 16.1 RC1 and RC2, but both have the same bug. Jarvis is still not running stable.
Same here, both rc1 & rc2. Tried with dxva disabled and enabled. Error comes up random when starting video playback, sometimes right after restart, sometimes after the unit was in sleep mode, or after watching one video for longer period then switching to another. Happens both on local video files and live streams.

Intel nuc with windows 10.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
I'm back on 15.2 Isengard.
Can someone check the new 16.1 release of Jarvis and give feedback here if it is stable now?
(2016-04-25, 20:54)cubei Wrote: I'm back on 15.2 Isengard.
Can someone check the new 16.1 release of Jarvis and give feedback here if it is stable now?
I'm using Kodi 16 since beta5 without any issues.
Hi,

I'am new and French so sorry for my bad English

My config:

- Maximus GeneV
- I7 2600K
- 8Giga Ram
- Hd 5770
- SSD for system
- HDD for data
- Windows 7 64bits
- TV 1080P
- Share videos by Samba on a Debian Jessie server

I used Kodi since 15.2 I upgraded it with 16.0 without problem, all was good HD Videos with DTS, little Videos I never have problems

Today I upgraded Kodi to 16.1 and I have this issue too ( "Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.")

Never on first load always on second or more second load

I try :

Remove Kodi and all folders in Roaming ... Regedit or CCleaner to clean all and reboot, back to 16.0 since this morning ( same config backup of my Kodi folder since 15.2 ) Now with 16.0 I have same issue and this morning no Huh

Unfotunatly I'm not keep 16.0.exe but I not think it was different today

I'm not understand what is the problem I run Kodi 16.0 for about 3 weeks without any problems ( My Windows is not updated since January ) and today when I try to back in 16.0 I have this problem

The only solution I found is back to 15.2, same Kodi folder ( Roaming ) for settings and not problem

Can you help me or find a solution please

Thanks
We have very similar systems... AMD 5770 HD i7.win7/64 SSD 1080p 12 gig, local storage, mostly. I'm running Jarvis 16.1 without issue, so something is different.

What version of gfx driver and version of DX11 do you have? It's possible you don't have some MS direct X path or fix.. try manually installing it https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/179113

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6463, 649.50 KB (665,088 bytes), 8/3/2015 9:42 PM)
Driver Version 15.200.1062.1004
I turned DXVA2 off and the error message does not come up when it crashes. The crashing started with Kodi 16.0 RC3 for me. Mostly happens when I am doing something to do with LiveTV. Too much trouble to do a log.

I believe my problem is my outdated and unsupported ATI Radeon HD4350 video card. Maybe a Windows 10 update.

DXDIAG reports Directx version 10.1, which is what the card supports.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exception caught on main loop. Exiting.0