Release SRF Play TV
New Release: SRF Play TV 2.2.0

Changelog
  • Add support for WIDEVINE encrypted DASH streams
Hi @goggle ,

great addon, thanks for it.

BUT:  maybe i am blind but where can i find and select the SRF Live streams ?
Note that Live TV is not supported: For this I suggest to use pvr.zattoo.

But Live streams (of sport events) can be viewed with this plugin.
You can find them in "Topics" -> "Sport" -> "Die nächsten Livestreams"
Thats bad :-(
Why was it removed ?
When i use the Website on my Windows Laptop in Switzerland i can look the livestreams without any problems, without registration or fees, why not in the addon ?
For Zattoo i need to register at least so they know me !

regards
It was removed after they introduced DRM protection for their live TV.
Technically it would be possible to add support for this, but I think the streams are then only
in 540p resolution, so I think it's better to use Zattoo where you get a nice HD resolution.
If someone submits a patch to add support, I'm open to merge it.
(2022-10-21, 17:34)goggle Wrote: But Live streams (of sport events) can be viewed with this plugin.
You can find them in "Topics" -> "Sport" -> "Die nächsten Livestreams"

on the SRF website, those streams remain available for another while (24 hours?). Is there any way to re-watch them in the Kodi App as well?
@infotimbo This is probably not possible. The Kodi plugin does not scrape the SRF website, it only uses the data provided by their internal API which is used in their media library (SRF Play TV).
thanks for the reply. Unfortunately now all folders under "topics" remain empty for me (both on Kodi 19.4 as well as 20) , though, so I also can't access the livestreams anymore. Is this a problem on my side, or have there been any changes at SRF recently?
Should work again in the soon to be deployed version 2.2.2: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/4222
(2023-01-29, 18:12)goggle Wrote: Should work again in the soon to be deployed version 2.2.2: https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/4222
yep, working perfectly fine again now. Thanks
I have several Kodi Libreelec running (pi 4 and 3) but only with my pi4 I have problems since yesterday.

AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath' might help

See Log File ixofopufig (paste)

Thx for the help
I also started the srf play addon today and unfortunately I new also have this translatepath error in the log...
I have the same problem. Interestingly, I can still access the shows which I had added to my Kodi Favorites. But direct access via the addon itself stopped working since a few days.
Since today it's working again, I can sccess all shows.
It should be fixed in the plugin version 2.2.4, I have just released it yesterday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SRF Play TV1