• 3(current)
v18 Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.2
It seems with today windows 10 KB4469342 update the display switch issue is gone. I will further check it in the next days.

Edit: No, display switch issue is not gone. See issue #14843.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
Display switch / Small Window Error still occurs in Kodi RC3.-(
Also many videos still have flickering stripe on the top of the screen.
No Problem with V17 but still with V18
(2018-11-15, 11:33)Zokkel Wrote: Having a similar problem of charliekay74
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2789542

My NUC is connected to a TV. When I'm playing audio, I turn off my TV, when I put my TV back on, Kodi is in the top left corner filling about a quarter of the screen. Kodi doesn't scale to that 'resolution'. So I can't see/do anything anymore besides closing Kodi and restart.
Have the same problem on a htpc (win 10 64 bit) with kodi 18 (all versions).
With Kodi 17.6 no problem.
Before we get HDCP handshake-discussions again:

I have 2 Versions of Kodi running both on the same win10 htpc.
So i can switch between this 2 Kodi-versions from second to second.
a) Kodi 17.6 portable (running -without- resize-problems)
b) Kodi 18 portable (running -with- resize-problems) after tv off to tv on and also by switching between window/full screen.

So it is no hardware error, but a kodi 18 error.

bye,
Ralf
Well, that is what we are all saying, but the only answer we got so far is, and I quote:

"If an earlier iteration of Kodi works in your hardware set-up, then by all means stick with or revert to that."

I personally think that answer is a bit harsh. Is it not the whole point of a beta/RC to resolve bugs that appear in a new version that weren't in the old? Which this obviously is?

I'm still hoping they will look into this.
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
RC4 is released and is installed. Lets see if the problem is fixed.

------------------------------
Changes in RC4 (and RC3)
Most notable changes to mention in this Release Candidate:
Update documentation regarding Python and Skin develoment: Kodi Doxygen 
Fix crash on certain music files that contain ID3v2 UFID frame
Do not list non-repo add-ons as "unavailable" in info dialog (the by default included ones)
Fix some interface info labels regarding music
Fix none responsive when minimising on Mac OSX
Fix path for looking up external subtitles
Replace vc140 redis with vc141 which fixes crashes on Windows (user should at least install this once)
Windows DXVA - fixed color values
Fix GUI Notifications rendering
Fix watched items in plugins (contains database upgrade)
Of course there are several more changes which are listed on our github repository found here: RC4 changes.
Fix crashes by pressing 'x' to stop DVD .iso image when "Player Process Info" is displayed
Screenshot: simplify logic and bail out if no folder is set
Android: remove mpeg4 HD restriction / use dts for unknown pts for mpeg4 (there might be some playback regressions that will be fixed along the way)
Change resolution (if required) on application starts (fixes XBXO resolution issues)
Android: Reset calibrations if GUI limit changes
Android: fix subtitle position problems
Fix resolution whitelist issues on Windows
Extend option to hide spoilers like text or images from the library view
Add support for new iOS devices
No, nothing has changed with RC4. The small window is still there for the 2 cases
- resume from standby (when an AVR is used)
- switch between first and secondary monitor
Yes, and the Flickering Stripe on the Top of the screen in some Videos or TV Channels is still there in RC4.
No resolutenproblem has changed with RC4.
I had some issues with Intel Audio HDMI driver 10.26.0.4 and Kodi 18 RC3 : EACH time I start Kodi and play the first video, audi passthrough is not even working and I only get PCM. I have to uncheck and check "Audio passthrough" from the volume option accessible from the video itself. If I do that I get Dolby instead of PCM on my AVR. If RC4 doesn't mention this as a fixed issue then it means I'll still get this issue the next time I'll open Kodi and play the first video.

Latest log : https://paste.kodi.tv/volakuzobo.kodi
I have four boxes running RC4 and the small window problem still exists. Is this a discussion with Microsoft engineers to solve this?
Hi,
I installed Kodi 18 to my Windows 10 64bit version. 
I wanted to add autoexec.py script that will allows me to on startup play some music from some folder ("C:\audio\"). But it doesn't work. Can you confirm is this maybe a bug or something else? Thanks.

Here is my autoexec.py:
https://paste.kodi.tv/cinuyegode

here is my log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ewubuhihep.kodi
I forgot to mention two boxes are 1080P and two boxes are 4k 60Hz.
@cvelle89 Some skins allow on startup to utilize a playlist from some folder, not sure how many of these skins have kept this function intact but it might be a tad easier than a script. Try and post issues in your own thread (more eyes see it and responses will be tailored to fit).

@UncT reference post #13 and as far as post #41, this is something you should have taken up with law makers when HDCP was passed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandw...Protection MS is't going to undo legislation for end to end handshaking hardware protection.
(2019-01-01, 17:56)blacklord049 Wrote: 22:52:56.293 T:2320 NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
We prefer to have debugging enabled for more detailed info in the kodi.log file. Enable it, and restart kodi for a new full log file.

Also, keep in mind that things on the video front/backend of Kodi will likely take a little longer to fix as our lead developer for VideoPlayer decided to leave Team Kodi one day before Christmas 2018.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18 Beta 4+5, RC 1+2+3+4+5+18.0Final+18.1RC+18.1Final+18.22