Release Tag Overview
Hello again @teriyaki 
Yes, trying it on the first Matrix Libreelec beta 1 so python 3, yes.
Nothing in the the logs, and the beta is not helpful over samba yet afaik.
But it does not crash. Back command just takes 5 secs or so to respond
and the CPU is at 97% while main screen is active but unresponsive.
Well. it's  beta 1 ... and your version works on regular kodi, so maybe we should just hang..Wink
(2021-03-22, 19:08)houser Wrote: Hello again @teriyaki 
Yes, trying it on the first Matrix Libreelec beta 1 so python 3, yes.
Nothing in the the logs, and the beta is not helpful over samba yet afaik.
But it does not crash. Back command just takes 5 secs or so to respond
and the CPU is at 97% while main screen is active but unresponsive.
Well. it's  beta 1 ... and your version works on regular kodi, so maybe we should just hang..Wink
I just compiled a fresh clone of kodi git and grabbed a fresh clone of tagoverview to test here and worked fine so I think you're right that it's something to do with libreelec. You might want to report the problem with their team in case they're not aware of it.
Ok, @teriyaki  thanks for doing that!
I think I'll wait a few betas though, as they seem to have their hands full with the new very promising HDR support on Raspi Wink
double post. apologies
Hello again @teriyaki
.. Ok beta 2 just arrived. Still hangs in Libreelec as in beta 1.
I could report it to the Libreelec team if I knew what to ask for.
Can you test on Libreelec at all by any chance?
Many thanks.
First thing to check is the logfile for any errors. Do you see anything in there? What's the exact behavior you're experiencing?
(2021-04-24, 22:04)teriyaki Wrote: First thing to check is the logfile for any errors. Do you see anything in there? What's the exact behavior you're experiencing?
Hello @teriyaki 
It is exactly the same as in the first beta and what I described for beta 1 earlier in this thread.
The add-on  opens but is then non-functional and takes a while to close. Nothing in the log that I can see but I could be doing it wrong.
Can you test on libreelec? If not tell me what to tr and I'll give it a go?
Many thanks
(2021-04-24, 22:22)houser Wrote:
(2021-04-24, 22:04)teriyaki Wrote: First thing to check is the logfile for any errors. Do you see anything in there? What's the exact behavior you're experiencing?
Hello @teriyaki 
It is exactly the same as in the first beta and what I described for beta 1 earlier in this thread.
The add-on  opens but is then non-functional and takes a while to close. Nothing in the log that I can see but I could be doing it wrong.
Can you test on libreelec? If not tell me what to tr and I'll give it a go?
Many thanks
So I just ran LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.95.2.img.gz (which is as far as I can tell is Kodi 19 beta 2 of LE) off a USB stick. The library was empty of course but I was able to run tagoverview and add a new tag no problem. There was no delays, freezing, slowdown, etc., it worked fine. This was on an i5-based laptop. What platform are you using? Have you raised the issue on the LibreElec forum at all? There might be a known issue over there about a possible root cause, or suggestions on how to proceed since I can't reproduce the problem here.
(2021-04-25, 01:10)teriyaki Wrote: So I just ran LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.95.2.img.gz (which is as far as I can tell is Kodi 19 beta 2 of LE) off a USB stick. The library was empty of course but I was able to run tagoverview and add a new tag no problem. There was no delays, freezing, slowdown, etc., it worked fine. This was on an i5-based laptop. What platform are you using? Have you raised the issue on the LibreElec forum at all? There might be a known issue over there about a possible root cause, or suggestions on how to proceed since I can't reproduce the problem here.
Ok, thanks!
This is on a Raspi 4, fresh install. I will ask the ask at the LE forums..
Hi @teriyaki 

Edit:
So I did some more testing and suddenly realised that on my system there are simply _a lot_ of tags for each movie.
It is probably simply this new feature:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags
.. that has many new tags for each movie and becomes a conflict with tag overview due to size.

I used to have 5 or 6 tags that I created myself. Now all tags that are in the kodi DB for each movie also appear in tag overview. So thousands.
Also, the sorting of the tags in kodi, where the selected tags are at the top conflicts with this type of use.

I have a rather large library so it looks like what is happening is simply that it takes a _long_ time for tag-overview to load due to the large amount of tags
but after 30 secs or so it works as it should. But then it takes the same amount of time for each new command again. So it becomes pretty unusable..Sad
So no errors in the log, as all probably works as it should. Just too slow due to a large dB.

Not sure what to make of this yet and just thinking aloud here, as tag overview and it's functionality is really useful.
I have used tag overview as a very fast way to tag movies for future viewing and such and love it!
This new kodi tag functionality creates a conflict here. 

Would it be possible to:
1. have a setting to select which tags appear in tag overview? (possibly the best way?)
2. make Tag overview load faster even though there are thousands of tags these days?
Thoughts?
Are you using the new(ish) python scrapers?  You might want to see the conversation between me and teriyaki from further back in this thread.  There isn't a way to distinguish between tags in Kodi based on how they were added.  The best thing to do, if you're comfortable with it, is to edit your database directly to remove all but the tags you want.  After you disable the setting in the scraper to add keywords as tags, ofc.  That really should not be a default setting!
Maintaining a few add-ons for v18 including PseudoTV (Classic), Tag Overview, and Autosub: https://github.com/fnord12
(2021-04-26, 15:24)fnord12 Wrote: Are you using the new(ish) python scrapers?  You might want to see the conversation between me and teriyaki from further back in this thread.  There isn't a way to distinguish between tags in Kodi based on how they were added.  The best thing to do, if you're comfortable with it, is to edit your database directly to remove all but the tags you want.  After you disable the setting in the scraper to add keywords as tags, ofc.  That really should not be a default setting!

Thanks @fnord12 
Yes, that is definitely it. I missed that convo when it happened. Sorry about that!
(2021-04-26, 15:24)fnord12 Wrote: Are you using the new(ish) python scrapers?  You might want to see the conversation between me and teriyaki from further back in this thread.  There isn't a way to distinguish between tags in Kodi based on how they were added.  The best thing to do, if you're comfortable with it, is to edit your database directly to remove all but the tags you want.  After you disable the setting in the scraper to add keywords as tags, ofc.  That really should not be a default setting!

I must have blocked that from my memory to prevent myself from re-living that horrid experience!! It's not short of completely absurd that option is enabled by default! The good news is that that's what happened in this case.

@houser Let me know if you need help with sql commands to purge all the garbage tags from your database.
(2021-04-26, 16:54)teriyaki Wrote:

I must have blocked that from my memory to prevent myself from re-living that horrid experience!! It's not short of completely absurd that option is enabled by default! The good news is that that's what happened in this case.

@houser Let me know if you need help with sql commands to purge all the garbage tags from your database.
Thanks @teriyaki 
I have purged my 7000 tags via sql and all is hunky dory again Wink
Edit:
Answering my own question if it helps anyone:
This needs to be set in the settings per source. duh..

I asked before:
I seem to be unable to switch off the feature that makes tags out of keywords, so they keep coming back for _new movies_ when updating library.
The setting in the addon python scraper is switched off. Is there another place to set it that I can not find? Or is this a bug?
Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tag Overview0