• 37(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Sorry to everyone with problems lately. I think the fixes on github will take care of them. Issued two pull requests this morning for the Frodo and Gotham repos, should be updated soon.
(2014-02-07, 16:59)robweber Wrote: Sorry to everyone with problems lately. I think the fixes on github will take care of them. Issued two pull requests this morning for the Frodo and Gotham repos, should be updated soon.

thxs robweber! I really love this program! it helps out so many people. have a good one and looking forward to it working as well as it has in the past.
Its working again !!! :-) nice job mate !!
For anyone who wants to live on the bleeding edge there are some commits in the github branches. I modified how the backup folder names are generated. Now the hour and minute of the backup are part of of the folder name. This means you can now have multiple, separate, archives from the same day.

When viewing restore points the folder name is also parsed to be more readable. You'll get a DD-MM-YYYY HH:mm format. Old archives are backwards compatible, you just won't see a time.

Going to test this myself and troubleshoot any issues from people who pull from github. Will push live to the repo with the next update.
(2014-02-09, 12:47)meule Wrote: Its working again !!! :-) nice job mate !!

yes, working here also!! thxs again robweber!
Working for me as well. Thank you very much
Hi guys,

I followed every step here from another forum, and I'm getting failed script .xbmc.backup error

"1. select dropbox...below it will ask you for your app key and secret.
Here is how you get them
A. Login to your dropbox and goto dropbox.com/developers/apps
B. Create and app
App Type: Core API
Name: "can be anything ur little heart desires"
Description: I put "the answer to world peace" but it also can be anything/blank
Access: App folder...unless u want ur pi to have access to any other folder besides ur backup folder.
C. hit Create!
You should see a screen with ur app key and secret...WRITE IT DOWN!
2. Enter ur app key and secret u just created.
3. hit OK

After u tell XBMCbackup what u want it to backup and set ur scheduling pref. hit OK!

Now lets back some stuff up shall we...
1. Goto program add-ons from main menu and select XBMCbackup and hit backup!
2. A msg box will appears telling to to goto ur log and get the URL...DO NOT HIT OK...i repeat...DO NOT HIT OK YET!!!!
3. SSH into ur pi and goto home/pi/.xmbc/xbmc.log
(scroll down to the bottom or search "script.xbmcbackup")
4. copy and paste URL in to a browser of ur choice (CHROME for me)
5. If the gods have smiled upon u...u should see a screen asking you to allow access..hit ALLOW!
6. Now go back to ur pi and hit the OK button
7. The back up should start"

Just wondering where I've gone wrong. Thanks.
That all looks correct to me. Would you mind posting a log so I can see the actual error? Thanks.
(2014-01-27, 21:27)robweber Wrote:
(2014-01-25, 17:49)Samu-rai Wrote: @robweber

Apologies for going slightly off topic, but I didn't want to presume it would be OK to PM you directly.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's a wide spread issue on Android TV boxes (and possibly others on the Android platform), whereby the guisettings.xml will sporadically be lost upon shut down.

This obviously causes a massive headache, especially for those using skins with great amounts of customization.

jjhtpc came up with a solution detailed here, which uses the app Smanager to run scripts to copy the GUI settings and then restore on start up.

This, however, comes with it's own pitfalls. Namely that the devices needs to be 'rooted' in order to access the required directories within XBMC, but it also relies on 3rd party software, and could perhaps be overwhelming for the 'regular' XBMC user.

So, my train of thought is that there must be away to accomplish the same thing, but by using python within XBMC.

Doing so would remove the draw backs to jjhtpc's method, but could also make the process much more efficient too. Storing the XML back-up within the addon_data springs to mind, or the ability to scheduling XML back-ups?

This is all well and good in theory, but I'm afraid when it comes to implementation I'm found lacking Nod

So I was trying to think of people with the ability to build a script/add-on that could solve this issue once and for all, and my first thought was you!

I realise you are busy with XBMC Backup, so understand if you don't have the time to spare, but thought there was no harm in at least dropping you a line.

Anyway, thanks for your time, and all your work with this awesome add-on.

There is a PR in the XBMC repo that is supposed to address this issue. Basically XBMC will make a .bak file and test for corruption and restore if needed on startup. I've been waiting to see if this goes through as this would take care of this problem for a lot of people.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3024

Will this make it to Gotham?
Just wrote a comment on the PR page. Will see if a dev responds. Gotham is in feature freeze at the moment so if this is seen as a "feature" then probably not. At the discretion of the devs in charge of Gotham changes though.
This might sound like a stupid question but it is important to me

Does this Program backup Video Tags, that you have manually tagged in Movie Library?
Depends on how you have your library setup. If you are using the default XBMC database (SQLite) and have chosen the "database" option in the addon settings; then yes you'll get your video tags.

If you are using MySQL you will not. You'll have to setup some method of backing up your MySQL database on a regular basis. It's pretty easy to setup as a cron task.
(2014-02-14, 22:20)robweber Wrote: Depends on how you have your library setup. If you are using the default XBMC database (SQLite) and have chosen the "database" option in the addon settings; then yes you'll get your video tags.

If you are using MySQL you will not. You'll have to setup some method of backing up your MySQL database on a regular basis. It's pretty easy to setup as a cron task.

Thanks
I am currently running a nightly Gotham setup and eventually when the fully fledged version comes out I want to start from scratch on my PC. What I'm asking is, what setting do I need to set to backup the following - movies, TV shows, music complete with movie information, watched movie and show information and music information. Do not want any skin or add on information ( this needs to be fresh)

Can this be done with this programming and if so what settings.
This programming has saved me so many times in the past, but with all options set.
Really depends on how you have your library setup. If you are using the built in XBMC database I would select the "Database" option. That will grab all the DB files. The database includes all the movie information, paths, etc. You'll also probably want your config files as this would get your sources.xml and other important information. Pretty much the only thing you don't want to check in your scenario is the Addons and Addon Data.

Keep in mind you can always backup up everything and then under the restore option only restore select pieces. I usually go this route as I can always restore more if I am not getting what I wanted.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10