• 38(current)
Mod Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)
@“wags1”
Doh…fixed!
Just wanted to report a strange behavior on the skin reset after the update. It doesn't seem to effect anything but it never did it on previous updates and it did it on both my Nvidia Shield Pros. The reset goes thru the normal process with the spinning red disk and the countdown. But when the countdown completes the spinning red disk returns with no countdown and it just spins forever. You have to force close Kodi and then start it again at which point it goes thru the reset process again but completes correctly this time.
(2024-05-12, 16:13)wags1 Wrote: Just wanted to report a strange behavior on the skin reset after the update. It doesn't seem to effect anything but it never did it on previous updates and it did it on both my Nvidia Shield Pros. The reset goes thru the normal process with the spinning red disk and the countdown. But when the countdown completes the spinning red disk returns with no countdown and it just spins forever. You have to force close Kodi and then start it again at which point it goes thru the reset process again but completes correctly this time.
@wags1 I just updated one of my Shields Pro 2019 and did no experienced what you are describing. Did you update using "Update" or from zip file?. I used add on update.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Edge) "Virginia", Cinnamon DE
NVIDIA Shield Pro, OMV NAS,  Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD "pfSense Plus" Firewall/Router
(2024-05-12, 17:14)andrzejls Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 16:13)wags1 Wrote: Just wanted to report a strange behavior on the skin reset after the update. It doesn't seem to effect anything but it never did it on previous updates and it did it on both my Nvidia Shield Pros. The reset goes thru the normal process with the spinning red disk and the countdown. But when the countdown completes the spinning red disk returns with no countdown and it just spins forever. You have to force close Kodi and then start it again at which point it goes thru the reset process again but completes correctly this time.
@wags1 I just updated one of my Shields Pro 2019 and did no experienced what you are describing. Did you update using "Update" or from zip file?. I used add on update.
I always update from zip file. Updating automatically from the repo takes WAY too long (as I have reported before). Even though I have always updated using the zip file I have never encountered the issue I described before. And it happened exactly the same way on both Shields. No biggie though as I have not experienced any issues. Just wanted to report it in case anyone else runs into it.
You missed out right brackets for Home.xml lines 193 and 221, styles 10 onward

<include content="mainmenu_furniture" condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),1) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),2) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),7) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),8) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),9) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),10 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),22 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),23 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),24 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),25 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),26 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),27 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),28 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),29 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),30 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),31">

String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),10 should be String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),10)
(2024-05-12, 21:07)wags1 Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 17:14)andrzejls Wrote:
Updating automatically from the repo takes WAY too long
@wags1 I agree with you that this was a case and I also was installing updates using zip files just like you for the exactelly same reason but, I think, latts improved his repo because in last 2 updates updating using app update was fast and "painless".
I think you're right. I looked here because after the automatic update via the repo and after the required skin reset I have the same problem: recurring loop to set up the settings.
I added the missing brackets in lines 193 and then again in line 221 of the home.xml and also checked all other places in the home.xml where these conditions are checked.
Unfortunately this didn't lead to any change in behavior and I can't finish the setup.
(2024-05-12, 22:13)Min2001 Wrote: You missed out right brackets for Home.xml lines 193 and 221, styles 10 onward

<include content="mainmenu_furniture" condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),1) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),2) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),7) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),8) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),9) | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),10 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),22 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),23 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),24 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),25 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),26 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),27 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),28 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),29 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),30 | String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),31">

String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),10 should be String.IsEqual(skin.string(mainmenu_horizontal_style),10)
sorry, my post above refers to Min2001's. Unfortunately, I can't add to my posts here - or am I blind?
(2024-05-12, 14:20)latts9923 Wrote:
UPDATE #23 -This will update the skin to v1.2.4

Image Additions
  • I added View Type-38 (Multiplex) from MQ 8. Thanks to Gilogo for the request!
  • I added ten more ...

Thank you very much! Your hard work and dedication are sincerely appreciated!
Best wishes,
Gilogo.
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.
(2024-05-12, 22:52)knarf2570 Wrote: I think you're right. I looked here because after the automatic update via the repo and after the required skin reset I have the same problem: recurring loop to set up the settings.
I added the missing brackets in lines 193 and then again in line 221 of the home.xml and also checked all other places in the home.xml where these conditions are checked.
Unfortunately this didn't lead to any change in behavior and I can't finish the setup.
Yeah... there seems to be some kind of "bug" in zip file. Just tried to install 1.2.4 from zip and got blank screens. Restored Kodi from backup and all is good. Did NOT have this isse or any issues at all when updating using add-on update from latts repo.
(2024-05-12, 22:23)andrzejls Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 21:07)wags1 Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 17:14)andrzejls Wrote: @wags1 I just updated one of my Shields Pro 2019 and did no experienced what you are describing. Did you update using "Update" or from zip file?. I used add on update.
Updating automatically from the repo takes WAY too long
@wags1 I agree with you that this was a case and I also was installing updates using zip files just like you for the exactelly same reason but, I think, latts improved his repo because in last 2 updates updating using app update was fast and "painless".
Installing from zip is still quicker for me. As I mentioned I didn’t have any other issues once I restarted the skin reset so I’m good for now.
Hello @latts9923

When selecting view 38 (multiplex) under the organize section if I select "show aeon mq8 extended info" I get an error message and the setting is not applied.
When pressing "i" for info, there is no clearart or clear logo displayed.
I have uploaded the log @ oqolivucas.kodi (paste)   

Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
Gilogo.

(Edit typo).
¡¿Beg your pardon?!... english is not my mother tongue, please bear with me...
Kodi V. Nexus and Omega, Aeon MQ 7 Nexus and Omega & Aeon MQ 8 Nexus and Omega Modded by @latts9923
ECE, MCS.

Same here. Very same behavior.
(2024-05-12, 23:54)andrzejls Wrote:
(2024-05-12, 22:52)knarf2570 Wrote: I think you're right. I looked here because after the automatic update via the repo and after the required skin reset I have the same problem: recurring loop to set up the settings.
Yeah... there seems to be some kind of "bug" in zip file. Just tried to install 1.2.4 from zip and got blank screens. Restored Kodi from backup and all is good. Did NOT have this isse or any issues at all when updating using add-on update from latts repo.
Sorry, but this doesn't work for me (Windows 11 x64).
As recommended, I backed up my settings via the skin settings and am now stuck in this configuration loop as described above.

Absolutely not important,
- whether I install the skin via the repo or via the ZIP file
- whether I cancel the skin with Alt-F4 or via the task manager during the configuration phase and then restart it.
- first remove the addon data completely
- uninstall the entire skin including all addons and reinstall it using the other method.

Even if I add the missing parentheses described above, the behavior does not change.

I even removed the GUISETTINGS.XML so that I could start Kodi again using the standard skin and reset all the settings. Pointless.
It always starts with the settings dialog, then closes it and then starts again without any percentages - this time endlessly.

And regardless of the installation type, I can only restore the skin settings if the skin is selected and active, right? To do this, I first have to have successfully completed the basic settings on the first start? Or am I wrong?
@knarf2570 Your situation might be related to Windows 11. Kodi, for some reason, behave differently on different platforms.  I am using Nvidia Shields Pro 2019. Yes, you are correct saying that in order to use restore you need to be in Kodi. What I do is I clear Kodi "Data" which brings me to Kodi "vanilla" state then just add "Backup" add-on, restart Kodi and run "backup" restore. That brings me back to the last, good Kodi install.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 9 Mod for Kodi 21 (Omega)0