Release CBS Programs
(2017-02-12, 15:39)Eye in the sky Wrote: Works fine now on Windows Krypton Final.

Thanks!

Good to know at least something works for you!
I am trying to use this Addon on Raspberry 1 Model B+ using LIBRELEC and installed Kypton Beta and many of the CBS programs does not stream and the 60 mins program does not download any episodes. This happened on Jarvis as well.
(2017-02-14, 04:43)schittam Wrote: I am trying to use this Addon on Raspberry 1 Model B+ using LIBRELEC and installed Kypton Beta and many of the CBS programs does not stream and the 60 mins program does not download any episodes. This happened on Jarvis as well.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid2518729
(2017-02-10, 20:28)learningit Wrote: V3.0.5 Added support for platforms without RTMP support

PLEASE READ THIS AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS SAID:
Some platforms under Krypton DO NOT currently support RTMP. I have modified the add-on to allow playing of "newer" programs on these platforms.
CBS "classic" programs REQUIRE RTMP and WILL NOT PLAY on platforms which do not have RTMP support.
A 5 second notification message "Using RTMP" will show for those programs which require RTMP. If these videos do not play, it means that you do not have RTMP. Do not ask how to fix that here in the CBS Programs support thread, it is not a function of the add-on.

There is a strong possibility that geo-blocking will occur on the "newer" shows with the method I have used. DO NOT ask how to go around the geo-blocking in this support thread, it is not a function of the add-on.

CBS classic programs are working again on Windows systems with latest Krypton nightly.

RTMP files don't work in Krypton
Hello, I've been reading though this thread and the one for NBC and ABC, and as a newbie, appreciating but not understanding the fine points of a lot that is shared.
I am using my laptop with Mint Cinnamon 18 to run Kodi.
Last week I was running Jarvis 16.1 and had no issues with either CBS, NBC or ABC add-ons...thank you so much Learningit!
I then innocently updated Kodi through the Linux Mint update manager along with other updates presented to me, and was very surprised by Krypton17, which I was avoiding to install, since all had been working so very well with Jarvis 16.1.
None of the CBS, NBC, ABC add-ons worked on Krypton, only the PBS think, which was now working better than on Jarvis16.1.
So now, I've just spent the better part of the last two days on the Mint forum trying to figure out how to remove Krypton and re-install Jarvis, which seems to have installed correctly...not an easy process for a newbie.
Now back on Jarvis and CBS and NBC don't work and a short try of ABC seems to indicate that it will work...PBS Think is working.
I have all the latest versions of the addons, and there should be no issues with the RTMP, if I understand well, since I'm on Linux.
So what happened in the past two days that something that was working so well on Jarvis, is no longer?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24036615/
Any clarification would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
(2017-02-21, 00:39)Bluelight Wrote: Hello, I've been reading though this thread and the one for NBC and ABC, and as a newbie, appreciating but not understanding the fine points of a lot that is shared.
I am using my laptop with Mint Cinnamon 18 to run Kodi.
Last week I was running Jarvis 16.1 and had no issues with either CBS, NBC or ABC add-ons...thank you so much Learningit!
I then innocently updated Kodi through the Linux Mint update manager along with other updates presented to me, and was very surprised by Krypton17, which I was avoiding to install, since all had been working so very well with Jarvis 16.1.
None of the CBS, NBC, ABC add-ons worked on Krypton, only the PBS think, which was now working better than on Jarvis16.1.
So now, I've just spent the better part of the last two days on the Mint forum trying to figure out how to remove Krypton and re-install Jarvis, which seems to have installed correctly...not an easy process for a newbie.
Now back on Jarvis and CBS and NBC don't work and a short try of ABC seems to indicate that it will work...PBS Think is working.
I have all the latest versions of the addons, and there should be no issues with the RTMP, if I understand well, since I'm on Linux.
So what happened in the past two days that something that was working so well on Jarvis, is no longer?
https://paste.ubuntu.com/24036615/
Any clarification would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Not sure why the add-ons stopped working in Jarvis if they worked before.
I can tell you that NBC has made changes which mostly likely geo-block you if you are outside of the US, including Canada.
CBS is a perpetual crap shoot because RTMP support is all over the place, depending on what platform you're on in Kodi 17.
Using this addon in Kodi 16 under Linux.

On 3/1 The Price is Right no longer plays. Sad
Seems like many of the shows no longer work. Started about a week ago(2017-03-15)'ish. Young and the Restless wont even pull up episodes. Looks like the CBS.com site changed and they now load (some of) the content dynamically. I gave the source(scraper.py) a quick glance and it doesn't looks like its valid for some of the show pages on the cbs.com site any longer.

For an example see:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_t...ess/video/

If I can help in any way, just let me know.
Are there any fixes in the works?
V3.0.6 fixes dynamic metadata issues
The new version has been submitted to kodi.org repo and should update in a few days.
Thanks all I will start to play again and see what happens.
Hey everyone I know this post is a little old but I was wondering if there would be any chance of bringing back the WRAL news and weather app from the official Kodi repo. It is my local weather and it works on the app but I have an android tv and it isn't in the play store for that. I tried installing the APK even though it wasn't in the store and the app fails to open once installed. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Would really love to use this addon on a daily basis to watch my local weather forecasts live. Thanks so much! By the way I am running Krypton 17.3 on a Mi box.
(2017-05-28, 15:06)Bdguth07 Wrote: Hey everyone I know this post is a little old but I was wondering if there would be any chance of bringing back the WRAL news and weather app from the official Kodi repo. It is my local weather and it works on the app but I have an android tv and it isn't in the play store for that. I tried installing the APK even though it wasn't in the store and the app fails to open once installed. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Would really love to use this addon on a daily basis to watch my local weather forecasts live. Thanks so much! By the way I am running Krypton 17.3 on a Mi box.

Probably not. The current add-on doesn't make use of the WRAL site any longer. The name has remained plugin.video.wral for historical reasons.
(2017-05-29, 19:12)learningit Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 15:06)Bdguth07 Wrote: Hey everyone I know this post is a little old but I was wondering if there would be any chance of bringing back the WRAL news and weather app from the official Kodi repo. It is my local weather and it works on the app but I have an android tv and it isn't in the play store for that. I tried installing the APK even though it wasn't in the store and the app fails to open once installed. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Would really love to use this addon on a daily basis to watch my local weather forecasts live. Thanks so much! By the way I am running Krypton 17.3 on a Mi box.

Probably not. The current add-on doesn't make use of the WRAL site any longer. The name has remained plugin.video.wral for historical reasons.

So you don't think another addon could be created that makes use of the WRAL website? I know it's complicated by doing some research but I've never tried to create an Addon. Thanks!
(2017-05-29, 19:46)Bdguth07 Wrote:
(2017-05-29, 19:12)learningit Wrote:

So you don't think another addon could be created that makes use of the WRAL website? I know it's complicated by doing some research but I've never tried to create an Addon. Thanks!
It's not hard, just lacking the time. Give me a week or so and I'll knock together a one-off for the local weather and news. A couple other folks have asked for this, so it's probably worth doing. I will not be submitting to the kodi.org repo, I'll post a link when it becomes available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBS Programs1