Android TV Remote Control keymap
That explains the crash.

Still, BACK button in Android TV Remote Control app is again non-functional.
(2018-09-13, 17:47)CiNcH Wrote: That explains the crash.

Still, BACK button in Android TV Remote Control app is again non-functional.
 @CiNcH is the Back button in Android TV Remove Control still broken? This is probably due to the Android button map refactoring. If you go to the Controller Configuration Dialog and map the back button to "B" on the default controller, does it work again?

There was a request to switch pressing B (Fullscreen) and holding B (Stop). This mirrors the logic of pretty much every other application (where B is stop/cancel). However, earlier was an argument against this:
(2017-11-13, 19:51)FXB78 Wrote: Longpress back to stop as Kodi currently does gets my vote, the amount of times I pressed back by accident in SPMC and it stopped the bloody video Smile

Thoughts?
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
Change it. I didn't even know longpress B was stop which is completely wrong compared to other player controls
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote: @CiNcH is the Back button in Android TV Remove Control still broken? This is probably due to the Android button map refactoring. If you go to the Controller Configuration Dialog and map the back button to "B" on the default controller, does it work again?
OK, so I enabled again the Joystick add-on and Back button in Android TV Remote Control does work.

Quote:Thoughts?
As I wrote here, I would prefer a consistent behavior between B on "Joystick" and Backspace on keyboard.
(2018-11-26, 19:19)CiNcH Wrote: OK, so I enabled again the Joystick add-on and Back button in Android TV Remote Control does work.

Can you grab your button map and open a PR against peripheral.joystick?

(2018-11-26, 19:16)Martijn Wrote: Change it. I didn't even know longpress B was stop which is completely wrong compared to other player controls

(2018-11-26, 19:19)CiNcH Wrote: As I wrote here, I would prefer a consistent behavior between B on "Joystick" and Backspace on keyboard.

Then maybe we change keyboard.xml too?
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
Quote:Can you grab your button map and open a PR against peripheral.joystick?
Did that already some weeks ago. It is the default one that is working now.
xml:

<buttonmap>
    <device name="virtual-remote" provider="android" buttoncount="18">
        <controller id="game.controller.default">
            <feature name="back" button="6" />
        </controller>
        <controller id="game.controller.remote">
            <feature name="back" button="6" />
        </controller>
    </device>
</buttonmap>

Quote: Then maybe we change keyboard.xml too?
Not sure. So you either break something for the keyboard people or for the joystick people. On Kodi side, shortpress backspace has always been fullscreen action and longpress backspace has always been stop action, as far as I can remember. Only SPMC changed it to be the other way around.

Or you just revert the change for joystick 'B' and have different behavior for 'B' and backspace. But then the Back button in Android TV Remote Control will behave differently for Joystick add-on enabled and disabled...

Joystick add-on enabled: shortpress=stop, longpress=fullscreen
Joystick add-on disabled (keyboard): shortpress=fullscreen, longpress=stop

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV Remote Control keymap1