Fire TV Stick 4k LiveTV or interlaced recordings
(2019-06-22, 22:47)gb160 Wrote: It seems that not everyone is getting Version NS6264/1996, a lot, including myself are getting NS6264/1995.
This could explain why mine still isn't working properly, yet others are.

Edit: @Nelbert you lucky swine !!

Kodi decoding UTV HD at the moment.

Video Decoder: amc-h264(S)(HW)
Pixel format: Surface
Deinterlace method: hardware

Just to confirm. Looks like hardware decoding. I bought the 4K stick in the first batch or so released so if it’s rolled out based on anything like that you should be sorted soon.

I’ve the fire stick itself set to auto for display etc so it’s deinterlacing well and then outputting at 4K 60hz
Quote:It seems that not everyone is getting Version NS6264/1996, a lot, including myself are getting NS6264/1995.

I'm also updated to NS6264/1995 and finally deinterlacing is now working on 1080i H264 TV channels.
In the player settings the mediacodec surface is turned on.

Edit 27/06/2019: I've got a new update the day before yesterday. Now I have Fire OS  NS6264/1996. Small update.

Question: Where can we find the Fire OS changelog information? Not possible anymore through AFTVnews.com because they stopped updating. Other forum , blog or website containing the changelog information?
(2019-06-23, 21:43)w8andc Wrote:
Quote:It seems that not everyone is getting Version NS6264/1996, a lot, including myself are getting NS6264/1995.

I'm also updated to NS6264/1995 and finally deinterlacing is now working on 1080i H264 TV channels.
In the player settings the mediacodec surface is turned on.

Edit 27/06/2019: I've got a new update the day before yesterday. Now I have Fire OS  NS6264/1996. Small update.

Question: Where can we find the Fire OS changelog information? Not possible anymore through AFTVnews.com because they stopped updating. Other forum , blog or website containing the changelog information? 

Hello,

I want to buy a Fire TV 4k Stick. Can please somebody confirm if Live TV deinterlacing will work ?
Hi,

i just bought a Fire TV Stick 4K. It is working partly for me.
For all channels with a resolution of 1920x1080i deinterlacing is working fine.

For channels with a (non standard?) resolution like 1280x1080i or 1440x1080i LiveTV freezes 1 to 5 seconds after starting the stream.

So for e.g. German channels like Welt HD, Deluxe Music HD, Comedy Central HD and some more, LiveTV is quite useless on the Fire TV Stick 4K, as I did not find a way to disable the deinterlacing Sad.
By the way, I am using Kodi 18.3 32bit version.

Not sure this is an issue with Kodi, but I think so. In the Fire TV Stick "dev console" I see that one CPU core is using 100% of resources when LiveTV freezes.
I have to force Kodi to stop in Fire TV Settings, then I can start Kodi LiveTV again.

The issue is 100% reproducable by switching to one of these channels.
Have to figure out how to get the debug log from the Fire TV Stick to attach it here.

BR
Alex
Mediacodec surface does what ever it wants to do. You can neither enable deinterlacing nor disable it.

You can turn it off an see if just mediacodec works for you. The 100% looks like some polling when video / audio thread goes foobar :-)

Android mediacodec surface was not invented for apps controlling deinterlacing. It was meant as a blackbox with just enough Api.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i sadly can also confirm deinterlacing is still not really working on h264 1080i streams

streams play a few seconds, then it freezes.

im on the 1996 build, backend tvheadend.
I have the same.
disable:
Wideo scaling metod
https://www.smarthomebeginner.com/images...D-menu.jpg
Quote:"Video scaling method: by scaling the video, Kodi can make the image match the video output device resolution. There are many methods to achieve this and you can choose among them with this option; however, all of these methods are non-adaptive, meaning they will produce different amounts of aliasing and blurring, so it’s up to you which one of these Kodi video settings for scaling to use."

and disable:
https://kodi.wiki/images/thumb/b/b1/Sett...ration.png

This movie help me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQy-Ul7SpI
just as update, current 6268 firmware still has issues with deinterlaced europe streams.

as note, here it seems to work with emby as client ... same sources, same firetv4k ... plex does not work as player (always direct play of course)
To confirm, I also have same issue on latest firmware + the latest "system components" installed.

One of the big triggers I notice is that on Channel 4 HD it freezes on the transaction between the main program and the advert break. Similar on Channel 5 HD. BBC2 HD often freezes almost immediately.
(2019-07-29, 06:49)alturismo Wrote: i sadly can also confirm deinterlacing is still not really working on h264 1080i streams

streams play a few seconds, then it freezes.

im on the 1996 build, backend tvheadend.

Hi, i would build a setup like yours,  and i would use ftv 4k as frontend. Do you think it's better avoid ftv 4k for interlaced content? 
And sorry for OT, can you tell me which channel switch time do you have with your setup?

Are you guys reported the problem again to Amazon after their "not working" fix??
I reported this to Amazon through chat and even got in contact with their executive support, unfortunately they are not interested, as soon as you mention Kodi they hide behind the fact that the app isn't from their App Store and so it must be the apps fault. I couldn't be bothered loading these streams into another app to fight with them any further.

I returned my 4k Fire Stick and bought a Fire cube which works fine on interlaced content, albeit with an audio delay but that's fixable.

Probably the best option would be a decent android box rather than any fire device however having tried those in the past they are not so wife friendly, so a fire cube it was...
Quote:I returned my 4k Fire Stick and bought a Fire cube which works fine on interlaced content, albeit with an audio delay but that's fixable.

Is this delay always there or only with 2 channel audio? Can you post me a Debug Log from it? After the "out of sync" happened?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Are you sure tv fire cube works fine on interlaced content 1080i h264? Where did you read about it?
(2019-12-02, 15:46)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:I returned my 4k Fire Stick and bought a Fire cube which works fine on interlaced content, albeit with an audio delay but that's fixable.

Is this delay always there or only with 2 channel audio? Can you post me a Debug Log from it? After the "out of sync" happened? 
I'll try and get one for you in the next couple of days, audio offset of +0.3s resolves it for me.

I only use 2 channel audio and its there as soon as the channel is displayed
(2019-12-02, 18:27)antony23 Wrote: Are you sure tv fire cube works fine on interlaced content 1080i h264? Where did you read about it?

Yes, as far as I know but i'm not expert on this. According to Wikipedia BBC1 HD is 1080i H.264/MPEG-4 AVC on satellite - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_HD

UK HD channels all failed to play on the Fire Stick 4K (either failing instantly or failing after a few seconds), these same channels work fine on the Fire TV cube 2nd Generation, for info I made no changes to my back end (nextpvr) between switching from the stick to the cube.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Stick 4k LiveTV or interlaced recordings0