[REQUEST] Are there really no Wide Banner icon Mod for Aeon available for TV Shows?
pletopia Wrote:my suggestion would be to also maybe include a little bit of a gray border on the sides .. so its framed better
Just what i was thinking. but it looks pretty good all the same
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'm still using Aeon because of the wide icon support.
all my categories is using wide icons.
the rest im using poster.

there most sample screenshot posted here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=236...stcount=19

also SleepyP mods is using for me. hope to see this mod soon so i can move to Aeon Auriga.
pletopia Wrote:my suggestion would be to also maybe include a little bit of a gray border on the sides .. so its framed better

You know, I tried it originally with the border but it didn't look very good. I'll take another stab at it tomorrow. Nod
Thumbs Up 
It's wonderful to see what progress has been made. i really like some of the mock-ups some of the talented modders have made to support banner art. one recommendation i would have is that you guys perhaps fork the Aeon code and develop the additions as a team (in my experience collaboration is always best) then perhaps one day these additions might be taken back up stream. either way if that isn't interesting then perhaps simply making redistributable packages of the aeon with banner support available. that would be an easy way for more people to get their hands on the mods with out having to mess with XML.

peace

P.S. +1 for what pletopia said above, perhaps rounding the corners would also help with the framing
Since I have no art talent and little to no coding talent...is it possible to make an upside down U shaped scroll pattern for banners?
The underlines are just to keep spacing in html.

______________current_banner_________________

previous_banner_____________next_banner
previous_banner2____________next_banner2

This way you can see three at a time. The banner2s would lay underneath banners with a little of the bottom showing. The next and previous banners would be scaled down and lightened for that out of focus effect.
slicemaster Wrote:It's wonderful to see what progress has been made. i really like some of the mock-ups some of the talented modders have made to support banner art. one recommendation i would have is that you guys perhaps fork the Aeon code and develop the additions as a team (in my experience collaboration is always best) then perhaps one day these additions might be taken back up stream. either way if that isn't interesting then perhaps simply making redistributable packages of the aeon with banner support available. that would be an easy way for more people to get their hands on the mods with out having to mess with XML.

peace

P.S. +1 for what pletopia said above, perhaps rounding the corners would also help with the framing

I'll be uploading the version of Aeon Auriga that I have on the computer as soon as this is done. It's heavily modded with the Showcase view already and I simply don't have the willpower to pull out everything I've changed / added. So uploading everything is the easiest way share what I've modded. Should be up by the end of the week. Nod
to make it smaller download .. maybe just zip up the 720p folder ?? unless files in other folders also get edited obviously

since i to am not a graphics guy or a coder (just a plain old end user Wink) i can't really help however i had an idea .. don't know how it will work and whatnot but my suggestion would be maybe something like a helix presentation of the banners so that more banners can be showed without them overlapping each other

the first thing i thought of was a vertical bar down the middle .. with the banners rotating around the axis however the only thing with this model is that it will obscure a bunch of the fanart and is doesn't go with the overall theme of aeon with menu's and such being horizontal

second sketch i made on paper was a horizontal bar towards teh bottom of the screen the problem with this one it wouldn't make the rotating the banners about the axis look a little strange

i'll look around .. if i have photoshop lying around somewhere i'll install it in a bit and see if i can generate a digital mockup instead of pencil sketches on paper (ohh .. soo analog Wink)

ps.. the kewlest aspect of this would be the rotation of the banners around the helical axis .. however i don't know if this possible with the skinning engine
a quick analog mockup of what i was thinking

basically in the middle you have the way the enduser would be seeing the "rotation" around the axis .. the focused item would be the one with the arrow pointing to it so it would have that angle .. each step forward/back would be going "around" the hexagon

also .. to accomodate the size of so many banners .. the further away the banner is from the center the smaller it would get .. starts at 758 .. and successivly gets smaller the further away from the center "focused" banner .. unfortuanately after i uplaoded the pic and took a look at the math the banners are getting smaller to slow and the middle level would go beyond the scope of the screen with the numbers i have jotted down on the pic

at the top i just made reference of the angles the banners should make perspecitvly to the viewer of the "hexagon"

the stars inside the banners indicate that this is one of the banners that should be "upside down" .. to simulate the illusion of the banners rotating around a helical axis
i made another sketch ... this time the helix has a slightly different shape and i'm using an octagon instead of a hexagon to conceptualize the angles the viewer would be seeing

once again .. i'm seeing the banners shrinking the further they are away from the center but as with the previous post the actualy widths of the banners are not properly set in the sketch as they will cause overlap in certain levels and i'd like to find a mathematical model that will prevent this

i forgot to put in stars of banners which would be upside down in this view .. but from my calculations the first banner from the left and the last 3 on the right would be upside down
Hi Guys,

I have my 1st working solution for banners in Multiplex View for TV Shows.

This is not a mockup. It is working. It however not done because i need to
make it so it can only be enabled for the root of TV Shows instead of what i
did now which is overwrite the 16x9 multiplex view.

Anyway, here is a screenshot so you guys can flame away at how awful it looks
and how i should just stick to posters

Basically, the bottom is a 3x2 "Wall" view instead of a strip. That way you can
always see 6 shows and the highlighted one is a bit bigger.

I have a 50" Plasma in the Living Room and a 42" Plasma in the Bedroom so to
me, the banners are big enough. If they are too small for your tiny TV, then
stop asking for a banner view and code it yourself Wink

Obviously this is a very rough start so i will round out the corners better and
make a more obvious highlight but that will be for next week cause i will be
very busy the rest of the week and during the long weekend.

Waddayaguysthink?

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Hi Guys,

Waddayaguysthink?

-Pr.
Very nice that's the kind of thing i had in mind but way beyond my skills it would be interesting to see it working, it looks like i mini wall view for wider icons if you know what i mean? either way looks goodSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thumbs Up 
Pr.Sinister Wrote:Hi Guys,

Waddayaguysthink?

-Pr.

Simply beautiful! Great work. I look forward to the finished product. This is very similar to what I recommended but I actually think your implementation is better because it has double stacked banners. Thank you so much for coding this making is fit so well with the basic design elements already in aeon. It looks great! Be sure to publish your final product.

Slice
Nice work and a fine effort.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Nicely done Pr.Sinister. Glad I can stop work on my mod now. Not a huge fan of wide banners anyway. Laugh
any progress? no rush but when might we expect a downloadable package?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Are there really no Wide Banner icon Mod for Aeon available for TV Shows?0