[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)
Hi there

XBMC lets me select
1080@60, 1080i, 1080@50

I am using Nvidia 185.18.10 drivers.

But i used the configuration of my other XBMC, so not sure i can select these settings because i used this config.

THX
Chaos
motd2k Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1Q_DWieAQ

Excuse the lack of video editing ability Tongue

See it in action on XBMC's stand at Linuxtag 09.

motd

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Just wanted to say thanks motd2k!

From the other posts it was clear people were having reasonable success with the Acer Revo ION based unit and XBMC. Your youtube video using the nvidia reference unit closes some open questions I had about playing killa as well as iplayer.

With Computex starting tomorrow I expect a flurry of ION based systems being revealed so I, along with many other no doubt, will be able to pick the unit that suits our needs best.
Thread flagged...

Sick of my 780G not being able to decode anything.
Wow... I didn't realize how much of a n00b I was when it came to Linux. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

OK.. so I got my ZOTAC IONITX-D-E board in this morning, and hooked it all up. I set the bios to use a frame buffer to 512Mb (as indicated in another thread)

1. If I run the Live CD (9.04.1), I don't seem to be using any hardware acceleration.
A sample 720p clip from Blade Blu-Ray:
FPS: 20.1, CPU0: 80%, CPU1: 18.3%, CPU2: 55%, CPU3: 62%
Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720
Bitrate ~ 9MBit/s

A sample 1080p clip from Star Trek IV Blu-Ray:
FPS: 12.8, CPU0:66%, CPU1: 22%, CPU2: 49%, CPU3: 66%
Video: h264, yuv420p, 1920x818
Bitrate ~ 16MBit/s

2. I'm assuming that, in order to get the board running with HDMI, I need to boot the machine using only the HDMI connector (the machine seems to only display on VGA if the monitor is connected) ?

3. If I boot with HDMI only connected, I just get 'Unsupported Mode' being displayed by my TV. Is there a way to set the valid modes on this output device?

4. System Information displays (when running through VGA)
GPU: unknown board/PCI/SSE2
Screen Resolution: 1920x1200 @ 50Hz (Fullscreen)
OpenGL vendor : NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version : 3.0

CPU: Intel Atom CPU 330 @ 1.6Ghz
CPU Temp: ??
CPU Speed: 1600.09Mhz
Total Memory: 1507Mb
Free Memory: 1380Mb

Operating System: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic#42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 ...
XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 (Compiled May25)

Any pointers on BIOS settings, XBMC settings, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Quote:OK.. so I got my ZOTAC IONITX-D-E board in this morning, and hooked it all up. I set the bios to use a frame buffer to 512Mb (as indicated in another thread)

1. If I run the Live CD (9.04.1), I don't seem to be using any hardware acceleration.
A sample 720p clip from Blade Blu-Ray:
FPS: 20.1, CPU0: 80%, CPU1: 18.3%, CPU2: 55%, CPU3: 62%
Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x720
Bitrate ~ 9MBit/s

A sample 1080p clip from Star Trek IV Blu-Ray:
FPS: 12.8, CPU0:66%, CPU1: 22%, CPU2: 49%, CPU3: 66%
Video: h264, yuv420p, 1920x818
Bitrate ~ 16MBit/s

Did you set the renderer to VDPAU? If not, it's not using the GPU for decoding, and therefore, your processor is doing all the work.

As far as the other questions go, I can't answer them, although I am seriously thinking about picking up the Zotec board, I just want to have some information first.
Blush

Dammit... missed that in the settings... I thought I went through them all.
Well, at least that takes care of the framerate... my 1080p video is a little stuttery, but I can't be sure its not a framerate step up/down to the VGA refresh rate...
I need to get the HDMI working now, so I can be sure.

Thanks
i got the same mb ZOTAC IONITX-D-E and i have no problem with hdmi (full hd)
with latest xbmc 9.04.1 h264 work wery well, mpeg2 hd (i have just checked one video @720p) have stuttering audio and A/V sync problem
How you configure the graphics to work with Ubuntu??, i'm not able to do that with the aspire revo. Which version of nvidia drivers are you using? (for the video I see that is a beta version?.)
i followed Method 2 of http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMCbuntu but with 185.18.14
It works, now my aspire revo looks great!

Thanks!
Kali Wrote:i got the same mb ZOTAC IONITX-D-E and i have no problem with hdmi (full hd)
with latest xbmc 9.04.1 h264 work wery well, mpeg2 hd (i have just checked one video @720p) have stuttering audio and A/V sync problem

Hey Kali... when you say you have no problem with HDMI...
- are you booting with only HDMI connected?
- are you able to see the boot process (BIOS Post, Grub, Splash Screen) through HDMI, or does it just come on when XBMC loads up?
hexland Wrote:Hey Kali... when you say you have no problem with HDMI...
- are you booting with only HDMI connected?
yes

hexland Wrote:- are you able to see the boot process (BIOS Post, Grub, Splash Screen) through HDMI, or does it just come on when XBMC loads up?
all, like a standard vga/dvi
jacob83 Wrote:It works, now my aspire revo looks great!

Thanks!

ah well, I completely followed the instructions, let the driver installer build a new kernel, even updated the xorg.conf manually with the sudo nvidia-xconfig -s --no-logo --force-generate command

no errors whatsoever, but now my XBMC live on SDHC won't start anymore, instead hangs at "loading hardware drivers"

guess I'll wait until i get the new nvidia drivers precompiled into a new 9.04 live build, I'm just not used to linux Confused
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Kali Wrote:yes
all, like a standard vga/dvi

I've tried this on 3 different HDMI capable displays, and I can't get anything -- I just get 'Unsupported Mode'

Did you have to set anything in the BIOS to enable a particular display mode?
someone have spoken about latest revo bios have issue with hdmi and was removed from acer site

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC for Linux running on NVIDIA Ion reference box (with VDPAU enabled)0