• 5(current)
[WIP] Slideshow screensaver
(2013-01-07, 01:50)ronie Wrote: screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.0.4.zip

please test and let me know what issues you find with this version.

Sorry for the late reply. Tested now and you've really done it! This version is perfection! Including image info, the rotating splash thingy while loading up and fade over working like a charm. You're the man!

(I still don't understand the "reputation" system in this forum. How does it work? Why not just a "thanks" button?)

/Daniel
(2013-01-11, 22:40)Daniel Malmgren Wrote:
(2013-01-07, 01:50)ronie Wrote: screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.0.4.zip

please test and let me know what issues you find with this version.

Sorry for the late reply. Tested now and you've really done it! This version is perfection! Including image info, the rotating splash thingy while loading up and fade over working like a charm. You're the man!

(I still don't understand the "reputation" system in this forum. How does it work? Why not just a "thanks" button?)

/Daniel

cheers for the feedback mate, much appreciated!

and... nothing beats a personal 'thank you' in my book ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I feel so stupid having started this exif business, yet haven't tested your work. Will do when i get back in town Sunday.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-01-12, 01:04)curtis-r Wrote: I feel so stupid having started this exif business, yet haven't tested your work. Will do when i get back in town Sunday.

Still nothing to see, exif-wise but if I get some time this weekend I'll start on trying to display it (with a setting).
Thomas Melvin
Vinyl Fetish
Just checking in to see if there is a version that needs testing.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-01-18, 23:30)curtis-r Wrote: Just checking in to see if there is a version that needs testing.

well yes Smile

still work in progress, but let me know if it suits your needs

screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.0.7.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
^ updated to v0.0.7
This is a great screensaver. I use it to show all my pictures from the last 13 years (since my first digital camera). Whenever any of my family visits, they spend lots of time listening to music and watching the pictures go by. Adding the option for showing the date is really valuable. I'm using V 0.0.7.

I have a request though. Is there a way to allow the now playing information to be displayed while the screensaver is running. I use the Tunein Radio plugin. Many times I hear an song that I want to know the artist. I can't just glance up at the screen, I have to get the remote and hit something so I can see the now-playing info. Then I have to wait for the screen saver to kick in again to watch the pictures. Same thing for listening to local music - not just Tunein Radio stuff.

Since you are being so responsive, thought I'd throw in a request. Smile
Thanks
(2013-01-19, 19:57)ronie Wrote: ^ updated to v0.0.7

This is working great. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for keeping this screensaver alive. With 0.0.7 I still get the idea that 16:9 pictures are zoomed to much. Is there a way to differentiate the zoom level based on image dimensions?
CoreElec on a Tanix TX3 (s905x3). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
0.0.7 is awesome. It would be nice to be able to format the date though. Also, I cannot get any additional tags to show up. In windows 7, it shows info under the tags box but nothing shows. Also, the date only shows for my digital pictures. Is there a field I can put the date in for scanned pictures?

J_K_M_A_N
(2013-01-21, 18:57)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Is there a field I can put the date in for scanned pictures?

J_K_M_A_N

The date is stored in the picture itself, when the picture is taken by a digital camera. For scanned pictures, you can add the date into the pictures using the following tool:
http://www.relliksoftware.com/exifdatechanger/
I have used this, and it works really well. You can select a whole folder of pictures and have the same date assigned to all of them, or you can select individual pictures, and assign the same date to all the selected pictures. (I would make a copy of the pictures and try it on a few to make sure it does what you want). The program has other features as well.

Once the date has been added into the scanned pictures, it should appear in the screensaver.
(2013-01-21, 19:45)sfontes Wrote:
(2013-01-21, 18:57)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Is there a field I can put the date in for scanned pictures?

J_K_M_A_N

The date is stored in the picture itself, when the picture is taken by a digital camera. For scanned pictures, you can add the date into the pictures using the following tool:
http://www.relliksoftware.com/exifdatechanger/
I have used this, and it works really well. You can select a whole folder of pictures and have the same date assigned to all of them, or you can select individual pictures, and assign the same date to all the selected pictures. (I would make a copy of the pictures and try it on a few to make sure it does what you want). The program has other features as well.

Once the date has been added into the scanned pictures, it should appear in the screensaver.

Interesting. I thought it was reading the data from the file that you can edit in windows by right clicking on the photo. I will try that program out. Thanks.

J_K_M_A_N
Working great!

In the lower-left Title, Description, and Keywords show perfectly. Though I have the setting switch on, date taken still doesn't show. Here is a screenshot of the Windows Properties showing there is indeed a date taken.

Is it possible to remove the actual words "Title:","Description:", and "Keywords:"? It appears it's hard-coded into Python, rather than in the skin.xml where I'd be comfortable modifying. IMO they are not needed, plus if those fields are empty it is nice to just be blank.

Thank you so much for the hard work. Having the EXIF tags show seems like such a minor feature, but it has been sorely missed in my house with Frodo. Until now.
(2013-01-20, 22:51)sfontes Wrote: I have a request though. Is there a way to allow the now playing information to be displayed while the screensaver is running. I use the Tunein Radio plugin. Many times I hear an song that I want to know the artist. I can't just glance up at the screen, I have to get the remote and hit something so I can see the now-playing info. Then I have to wait for the screen saver to kick in again to watch the pictures. Same thing for listening to local music - not just Tunein Radio stuff.

i'm fine with that.

though it kinda defeats the purpose of a screensaver (ie. not displaying any static information for a long period of time).

but adding it as an option (disabled by default) should be ok.
i'll look into it.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Slideshow screensaver0