• 5(current)
Release Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/2016
(2016-02-15, 22:35)onlinespending Wrote: Also, it looks like you auto-save the .db file now, as there's no File->Save option. But for whatever reason, when I edit my channel names and do an 'adb push' to the userdata/Database directory to overwrite the old TV29.db it's not showing the updated channel names in Kodi. This is after stopping it. Oddly enough, when I do an 'adb pull' after the fact and analyze the TV29.db file in your program, it's showing the old un-edited channel names. If I load the one I did edit into your program, it properly shows the edited names. So it would appear that Kodi (this is using Jarvis RC3 on an Android based Nvidia Shield TV box) is overwriting my TV29.db file on each startup. Perhaps it's related to the HDHomerun PVR client I'm using. I'll contact the author of that too and see if he is always overwriting the TV29.db file.

@onlinespending - interested in finding out why this is not working for you. Can you let me know if you've used this since and still having the same issues.

And yes I auto save the database file. Simply because it became too difficult not to. Although I did want a rollback option. Something for later dev - where the user can roll back all changes.

Many thanks,

AdskiRemote
Hey guy, thanks for this great app, this saves so much time. Unfortunately for me, it's not working for me. I grab the tv29.db file from the SPMC userdata/database folder, I made some changes to it (disabled channel and epg on several channels, and sent it back to database folder. SPMC will load it seems my db file, but then reloads all channels from the backend. I have no idea how to change this,

dreamercast
Hi dreamercast - sorry for the late response. I'm on holiday at the moment but back in a few weeks.

I can take a look then. From the top of my head I can think of one possibility. And that is you have the TV database updating itself from your online source therefore overwriting any changes you make.

Can you let me know if you're using any addons with this and a few more details about your setup. e.g. Version of Kodi, is it OpenElec, native Kodi or another build?
I do believe that the db is updating on every spmc restart. I have SPMC 16.3 running on a Nvidia Shield. Using the Stalker NFPS PVR with the EPG NINJA addon. I am copying the db over from the user data directory.

Any help would be appreciated,

dreamer
Well I did figure this out, I have backend disabled on both options, used your app to disable everything, and reloaded...works great now. Thanks for this program and all your hard work,

dreamer
Good to know dreamer. If there's any requests to modifications for my program please let me know.
(2016-07-19, 13:07)adskiremote Wrote: Good to know dreamer. If there's any requests to modifications for my program please let me know.

Great job adskiremote! The only request I would have is the ability to rearrange channels. I'm also having an issue where name changes aren't sticking. Everything else works like a treat though.
Hi. I haven´t tested yet this app, but it sounds very good. I have a m3u list in kodi´s iptv simple client, but i have no epg in several channel´s. That´s because the channel names in the list doesn´t match with the channel name´s in the epg source.
Can i match the epg for each channel manually with this app?
Thanks for your help.
Hello to you,

I have a problem with the EPG
The Channel Manager works in terms of Groups and Channels to display.
My m3u has 5000 channels and unfortunately it still imports all the EPG information for all channels, even the ones that I disabled with the tool.

I used the latest version 2.0.6 and have disabled the Synchronise with backend settings under TV Settings in Kodi. Its a fresh install of Kodi with no further add-ons.
Tried a few hours and cannot find the fix. With close to 5000 channels I really have to turn EPG off for those that I never watch, otherwise the system keeps crashing.

If anyone here knows a solution it would be greatly appreciatedSmile

Thanks
Manny
(2016-07-19, 13:07)adskiremote Wrote: Good to know dreamer. If there's any requests to modifications for my program please let me know.

Since the auto function is limited to openelec;
Is there any way one could utilize this with Apple TV4 KODI by manually copying the required db, edit and replace?
Just wondering as we feel left out from this wonderful tool

Very nice work. Thank you.

I am using on windows, and the 2.0.6 version does not have a save option under File.

Am I missing something?

Thank you
OMG, can't believe this tool exists and I've been sitting here trying to use the bloody remote and th built in channel manager! This is fantastic and really easy to use!

Know it says it only works with OpenElec but is it supposed to work with LibreElec as they are similar, I just get a .net framework error.

Also, being able to sort the channels into an order would be the icing on the cake for this tool.
Hey dsmuk - many thanks for the compliment - really pleased it's helped. It can work with any Kodi system. Reason I said OpenElec only was for the direct sftp connection it made and auto installed to your box. But you can easily do this manually. As you've probably noticed I've not been active on this project for a while. But that was yesterday. Sure sorting by channel isn't a problem. Give me a bit of time and I'll take a look, get this sorted for you :-)

All the best,

Adskiremote
P.S. Your .net error is just because you've not installed a current version of MS .net. Google it, install from Microsoft only. I didn't include the .net library to keep the file size down.
(2016-12-19, 23:36)doktourtv Wrote:

Very nice work. Thank you.

I am using on windows, and the 2.0.6 version does not have a save option under File.

Am I missing something?

Thank you

Hey doktourtv - if I remember correctly, the program will auto save - any change you make. Just in case you forget. Let me revisit this soon to confirm.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi TV Channel Manager [V2.0.6 Updated 22/01/20161