• 5(current)
v19 Pluto.TV
Updated to v.1.0.5
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2017-06-16, 05:30)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 00:55)mrdally204 Wrote: For me using Krypton does not provide a good video experience on Android, especially with interlaced content. I also often have addons freeze frame with the audio continuing to play in the background requiring me to stop the video and restart it to continue viewing. Posted here if you care Smile
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304942

Yes, I've been having similar issues, particularly with the RT addon. Seems to freeze and buffer a lot on Krypton and it's smooth as silk on Jarvis...

When I was running Android, I was having better luck with SPMC as opposed to the Kodi for Android from this site. If you don't mind being stuck on Jarvis for a while longer, that would be one option (currently version 16.7, though he did upgrade the Python version in the last release. RT was streaming great on there, as were any other streaming sites I tried. Can't speak for this Pluto addon under that setup, as I was running the Android .apk version of Pluto at the time.
(2017-06-16, 05:11)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 01:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 01:12)MetalChris Wrote: Hope this leaves you a bit less perplexed. Wink

I just found it odd, I've never seen this many users in one thread all caught up with running on older Kodi builds...

Because for those of us using Raspberry Pi's we've always been the last to get any kind of upgrade. So a lot of us have had to make do with older versions of Kodi.

Last to upgrade? What distro are you using?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
hi,
i have installed pluto on my pi 3 with osmc, but when i try and open pluto it says failed to login. how do i solve this?
Same problem here
On Kodi 17.3
NVIDIA Android

Using the correct UN and PW BTW

Can not seem to get it to work
Thanks
(2017-06-18, 17:21)dallasnights Wrote: Same problem here
On Kodi 17.3
NVIDIA Android

Using the correct UN and PW BTW

Can not seem to get it to work
Thanks
Just a reminder it's user email NOT username...

Sent from my SM-G935T
Is there a complete guide somewhere? Do I need to register at pluto first?
(2017-06-18, 18:05)nille12345 Wrote: Is there a complete guide somewhere? Do I need to register at pluto first?

registration requirements are regional I believe. In the US you are not required to login.

Look for v.1.0.5 it address two issues.

1. User logins, New users will be guided through the process of either entering user credentials or logging in as a guest.
2. Regional geo locks, User can select their geolocation and filter content for what is available in their country.
(2017-06-18, 19:13)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-06-18, 18:05)nille12345 Wrote: Is there a complete guide somewhere? Do I need to register at pluto first?

registration requirements are regional I believe. In the US you are not required to login.

Look for v.1.0.5 it address two issues.

1. User logins, New users will be guide through the process of either entering user credentials or logging in as a guest.
2. Regional geo locks, User can select their geolocation and filter content for what is available in their country.
There's no option to register on the current Pluto website. Not sure why they stopped doing registrations. On the old website you had the option of selecting channels as "favorites" and then only loading the favorites in the channel guide, but it no longer does that, regardless of what device/app you use to access Pluto. I still have a login from the old website, so I use it with this plugin, but the channels I get are exactly the same as what I got on the Android .apk version.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pluto brings back registration & favorites later on, but it seems their primary focus lately was to work the bugs out and provide some consistent quality streaming channels that actually work, and they are successful in that effort, compared to the old Pluto of a year or two ago.
(2017-06-18, 19:17)Nostrodamus Wrote: There's no option to register on the current Pluto website. Not sure why they stopped doing registrations. On the old website you had the option of selecting channels as "favorites" and then only loading the favorites in the channel guide, but it no longer does that, regardless of what device/app you use to access Pluto. I still have a login from the old website, so I use it with this plugin, but the channels I get are exactly the same as what I got on the Android .apk version.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pluto brings back registration & favorites later on, but it seems their primary focus lately was to work the bugs out and provide some consistent quality streaming channels that actually work, and they are successful in that effort, compared to the old Pluto of a year or two ago.

Signup
(2017-06-18, 01:33)nickr Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 05:11)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-16, 01:54)Lunatixz Wrote: I just found it odd, I've never seen this many users in one thread all caught up with running on older Kodi builds...

Because for those of us using Raspberry Pi's we've always been the last to get any kind of upgrade. So a lot of us have had to make do with older versions of Kodi.

Last to upgrade? What distro are you using?

LibreElec.

I was using OpenElec and then switched because LibreElec had a Jarvis release before the official OpenElec one and I really wanted Jarvis...
(2017-06-16, 00:08)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 21:04)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 08:50)Eye in the sky Wrote: On SPMC 16.7 I had to change the xbmc.python value to 2.24.0.

Yeah, I tried that first with the same result... Undecided

You might be having an issue with one of the other dependencies. In my case, along with modifying the python version, it was necessary to manually install the script.module.simplecache from .zip file to get the add-on to work on Jarvis.

Thanks!

I will try this when I get a chance and see what happens.

Been a crazy busy week, plus I just bought a new gigabit router which I have to *attempt* to set up. Undecided

Suffice it to say that me getting any kind of networking equipment working is usually by accident... to me- it IS rocket science! lol

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely give it a shot! :-)
First, thank you for bringing this add-on back. I currently have this running on the latest OSMC and Kodi 17.3 with one small problem. 2 channels my kids love are not working. 1017 and 1018 the 24/7 cats/dogs channels. The other channels I have tested work fine. I can post a log but one thing i noticed is that neither of the channels are listed on the Pluto desktop app or the website but seem to be pulling with the Kodi addon. I have emailed Pluto support with no response. Can anyone else access these two channels or know if these are region restricted? (in the US) Or there is an actual problem and i need to upload my logs?

Thanks (my kids will appreciate as well Nod )
(2017-06-30, 16:55)ed20910 Wrote: First, thank you for bringing this add-on back. I currently have this running on the latest OSMC and Kodi 17.3 with one small problem. 2 channels my kids love are not working. 1017 and 1018 the 24/7 cats/dogs channels. The other channels I have tested work fine. I can post a log but one thing i noticed is that neither of the channels are listed on the Pluto desktop app or the website but seem to be pulling with the Kodi addon. I have emailed Pluto support with no response. Can anyone else access these two channels or know if these are region restricted? (in the US) Or there is an actual problem and i need to upload my logs?

Thanks (my kids will appreciate as well Nod )
There are a number of geoblocked channels, v.1.0.6 has improved filtering and user notification for unavailable channels.

Sent from my SM-G935T
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pluto.TV2