• 5(current)
WIP WinDash
Reinstalling it messed w Kodi again, so this time I notice when I open it it says 18.9 Leia rather than Matrix so Idk how but its downgrading Kodi on my system as a whole when WinDash installs
@Majin01 I have an idea of what might be causing it, I’m pretty sure when WinDash installs, it automatically adds a shortcut to Kodi to your start menu. The one that WinDash is built around. Starting using this shortcut will run Kodi 18.9 and not your other Kodi install.

If you remove the shortcut from your start menu, then locate your regular Kodi install that you normally use and replace it with that one then it should fix it.

Or you can try launching your regular Kodi install from it’s install folder to check and see if that’s what is causing it.

Unfortunately when setting up WinDash it runs the Kodi installer in silent mode so it automatically adds a shortcut to it in your start menu.

@Majin01 Yeah this is something that I am currently working on and will be added in to an update soon.

I’ll also add in an option to import shortcuts and other files as well.

If you go in to your games folder located in C:\WinDash, you can manually change the artwork yourself and if you open up app.py in notepad, you can change the shortcut to point to anything you like and it should run.

@silverlance360 If you ever did want to add arguments when launching stuff, you can always use subprocess to achieve this instead.

To do this open up your app.py, add in “import subprocess” to the top of the file, then replace “os.startfile(“appname”)” with “subprocess.run(“appname”, “-argument”)”. You can add as Manu arguments as you like separated by commas.

I’ll take a look in to it and see what I can do!
Started using an app called rewasd and mapped start and select to alt + f4 and now I can close games right from my controller. The update seems to have been fixed I'll double check everything in the next update but so far it works. I wanted to ask if you know how to load ROMs using app.py I've googled how to load ROMs with python but just couldn't figure it out.
(2021-07-25, 06:18)jingletit Wrote:
(2021-07-22, 16:33)Vicerar Wrote: @toyota12303 Thanks for the tip!

Here's another update on progress.
Where did you get the square icons?

@jingletit Every icon's source is from the playstation store website.

Here is some more updates on how it's looking.

Games Tab

Media Tab

I plan on making a video soon too going over everything.
Hello!
I must say I really like this and your other projects!!
Though I have been trying them out exclusively in VM's.

So I have 2 questions:
Does this have an uninstaller?
Does this change system files or is it all kept inside the C:\WinDash folder?

And just a note: Resolutions like 16080x1050 screw with the scaling and positioning of things and for example the icon next to the username looks like an oval instead of a circle.

Thanks in advance!!
How to launch kodi inside windash? It give error and black screen? Any solution? I have separately kodi 19. Windash v2.

Or this windash will had videos section implementation?

I had pin my own created shortcut from edge browser commanding full screen when opened (created in exe format), but sometime it only show blackscreen until opened twice.

Btw loved ur work since xbox
@toyota12303 I have been following your projects since your very first Xbox one theme. I absolutely adore your work... So I would like to say, from the bottom of my heart, "THANK YOU for all your hard work. We are not worthy" 😁 
Unfortunately I have a problem I cannot seem to figure out :/ Not all of my UWP games are being added. I have roughly  20 titles but only 8 UWP games show up. Can I force a full system rescan? I am thinking it may be due to me having multiple drives; it seems to only add what is installed to C, not entirely certain if this is the case. (Is it only scanning C drive?). Something else I wanted to point out, when launching setup, it tells us that it will install to C:\WinDash, however if setup is launched from any other drive besides C, it will install to the root of said drive. I have tried installing WinDash on all of my drives and it still only comes up with the 8 apps that it found initially.

Thank you again for your amazing work
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
Just from looking at the screenshots I'm impressed by the work that was already made.
I have a couple of questions:
- Are you planning to make the app open source?
- Which technologies (programming languages - frameworks) you are using?
- Are you considering opening eventually to the other platforms (Linux, Android)?
- How would reintegration with Kodi look like - would it require forking Kodi?
(2021-08-16, 18:00)mosley93 Wrote: Just from looking at the screenshots I'm impressed by the work that was already made.
I have a couple of questions:
- Are you planning to make the app open source?
- Which technologies (programming languages - frameworks) you are using?
- Are you considering opening eventually to the other platforms (Linux, Android)?
- How would reintegration with Kodi look like - would it require forking Kodi?
These are fantastic questions. I'd love to be a part of this if I could learn which languages/accepting languages are used.
↯ Ω ☿
If I've helped you, dont forget to give me 👍! Thank you and never stop rocking on! 🤘
[font][font]toyota12303 se foi novamente.[/font][/font]
toyota12303 is gone again.
(2021-08-04, 14:43)mufflerexoz Wrote: How to launch kodi inside windash? It give error and black screen? Any solution? I have separately kodi 19. Windash v2.

Or this windash will had videos section implementation?

I had pin my own created shortcut from edge browser commanding full screen when opened (created in exe format), but sometime it only show blackscreen until opened twice.

Btw loved ur work since xbox

Nvm already fix it, by manualy addon things from the windash folder. For the kodi it cannot be run bcause windash is kodi basicaly so running by pl3x instead. Now want to share my current gaming look like console setup and movie.

Tips: The best thing to do is manually addon or self looking into the code to make ur own taste.

How to change the username and image manually?
@jingletit Every emulator will have it's own set of arguments that you'll be able to pass to it so you'd have to look in to it and see what's compatible the emulator you use.

If I'm using EPSXE, to launch an image I could use something like:

C:\EPSXE\epsxe.exe -loadiso -f -nogui C:\Game\GameImage.iso

To make this work in the app.py, I could use subprocess to pass arguments to the executable the same way.

import os
import subprocess
emulator = "C:\EPSXE\epsxe.exe"
argument1 = "-loadiso"
argument2 = "-f"
argument3 = "-nogui"
image = "C:\Game\GameImage.iso"
subprocess.call([emulator, argument1, argument2, argument3, image])

@Yuri_TM Thank you!

It doesn't currently have an uninstaller as it's still early release, it has no effect on system files or anything and everything is contained inside the WinDash folder so to uninstall you can just simply delete the folder.

I'm pretty sure that's an issue with the way things are scaled within Kodi, I'll take a look in to it though and see if there's anything I can do to fix it.

@mufflerexoz Unfortunately as WinDash is based around Kodi, you won't be able to run both original Kodi and WinDash at the same time as they are the same executable.
Video library support probably will come eventually but I'm not too sure when.

@ctindell81 Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! 
The way that the UWP support works is that it will scan your Windows "shell:appsfolder", scan information of all the titles and then sort them in to folders. If for whatever reason Windows doesn't add in your installed content in to the apps folder then WinDash won't locate it. I'm not sure on how Windows manages the folder and I'm pretty sure you can't manually add things in to it yourself, it could just be that Windows will ignore things from other drives but I'll have to look in to it. 

You can manually check to see what's in your folder by going to start - run - "shell:appsfolder" - then hit run. It will open the directory that WinDash will scan.

Ahh that's weird, it should always install WinDash to the root of the OS hard drive and not where it's ran from, I'll look in to it.

@mosley93 Thank you! 
- I probably will make it open source eventually, once I'm happy with the way everything works, I'll start properly documenting it and making the code easier to read for other people.
- The core of WinDash and all of it's services are written in C#, it then integrates in with Kodi and there's a set of Python scripts that occasionally communicate things back to WinDash.
- I currently don't have any plans to work on other platforms as I don't have the spare time, I may do eventually though.
- I could impliment things from Kodi back in to WinDash, the features are still there, they're just not currently displayed to the user. I'll probably be adding in support for video libraries in the future. 

If I was to separate Kodi from WinDash completely so that they could run separately then it would require me tweaking and rebuilding the Kodi source code, compiling it and releasing it as a new version of WinDash.

@adas10 I will be back and working on WinDash again at some point. I have a lot of other things I'm working on and I'm currently away from home so will be unable to work on or post any updates for now. I have no plans to abandon the project completely and have a lot of things I want to impliment/improve in the future.

@bell-the-gaomon WinDash should automatically set your profile name and image based off your Windows settings. When you change your information in the Windows settings, it should change it inside WinDash as well. I will add in an option to change this manually in a future update.
(2021-09-08, 22:56)toyota12303 Wrote: @ctindell81 Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! 
The way that the UWP support works is that it will scan your Windows "shell:appsfolder", scan information of all the titles and then sort them in to folders. If for whatever reason Windows doesn't add in your installed content in to the apps folder then WinDash won't locate it. I'm not sure on how Windows manages the folder and I'm pretty sure you can't manually add things in to it yourself, it could just be that Windows will ignore things from other drives but I'll have to look in to it. 

You can manually check to see what's in your folder by going to start - run - "shell:appsfolder" - then hit run. It will open the directory that WinDash will scan.

Ahh that's weird, it should always install WinDash to the root of the OS hard drive and not where it's ran from, I'll look in to it.

Thanks for the response Toyota, so I was fiddling with the .py files and was able to manually duplicate entries and change paths. I also manually added a game that was in my LaunchBox library. Do you know what information is gotten from the apps library? I can access that folder without issues and all games installed show up there, including what's installed on other drives. It's just that WinDash doesn't find all of my games, specifically the ones that aren't on the os drive. Do you know of anyway to get PowerShell or command prompt to list which UWP games are installed so I can get the correct names for launching with the "Xbox://" address(? Not sure what this prefix is call specifically). Like Forza Horizon 4 is something like "sunrisegame_somealphamumeric", I can manually add the games if I can get this information for all games installed on my PC. I've asked on Reddit, LaunchBox (can add UWP games but dudes it automatically as well, so the dev should know but not telling) and Hyperspin's(helped with Forza motorsport 7) forums but nobody has an answer. It's starting to stress me out because there's obviously a way but I can't figure out how to ask the correct question, Google Fu it and people, Inc devs either can't or won't tell me how to get this info. Like, even if it's not done through PowerShell or CMD, I'd just like to find a way to get the "internal name" of the games. Oh yeah, there's an app called UWPhook that is designed to mashed adding these games to steam much easier and it launches the games pretty decently but I am trying to find a way to manage the games directly instead of using WinDash to launch UWPhook to launch Forza Horizon 3. See what I'm saying about not being able to ask the right question? I can't narrow it down concisely enough to say what it 

UPDATE: So, after finally figuring out what it is I am searching for, I was able to find an answer or 2. What I was specifically looking for with the UWP Apps and games is called an "AUMID", such a strange name but I am now able to manually add UWP games to WinDash. To those curious how to get the AUMID. Here is a couple of links to follow, both methods use PowerShell: 

This is the method I used (Highly recommended). Follow it step-by-step, do not skip anything. This is how to get the information needed to add to the .py files in the UWPApps folder inside the WinDash root directory. All I did to create a manual entry was create a copy of any of the folders and renamed it to the game I intend it to be. Example: "Forza Motorsport 7" After this, go into the folder and right-click the .py file and click edit. (Assuming you have followed the instructions in the link I provided, you will have a .txt file with the date appended to it alongside the PS script you created at the beginning of the TUT.) Find your game's entry and AppXmanifest AppID, copy and replace each section of the app.py file's arguments. So what started off as:

"shell:appsfolder\Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Microsoft.XboxApp"
Gets changed to:
"shell:appsfolder\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe!forzamotorsport7"
Save and exit your text editor and test it out. It *should* launch no issues. If it does ok, then you can change your icon and wallpaper.

If you cannot find your UWP AppID just google <UWP APP NAME> AppID (or) AUMID. You should not have any issues though if you know how to use text editors. 

I hope this is helpful to someone as it is a livesaver for me!
↯ Ω ☿
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WinDash0