• 6(current)
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote
I can't delete my other threads....

I'm going to try and buy this remote again, now that I've returned it to Amazon and gotten a refund. Here's my situation..

Raspberry Pi 3
LibreELEC (Jarvis 16.1) v7.0.2
Aeon MQ7 Skin (Regular VIP)

I actually read through this entire thread last night. Seems like a lot of people were having trouble with the remote when running Windows. Pressing certain keys that had been remapped were bringing up their original functions instead (Mail was bringing up Mail, Magnifying Glass was bringing up Google, etc). Since I'm using a Pi and LibreELEC, these obviously aren't going to map right for me. Is anybody else using this remote successfully in this setup?

I'd really like to have that big "Back" button actually go Back rather than have it Right Click. Now that I think about it, that's probably the problem I was having before. When I said it would bring up the Context Menu. That's the right click on a mouse right? Is there a way to disable that? I read in the OP that you have to ENABLE mouse support to make that button work at all, but then doing so makes it act like a right click.

I looked in the /keymaps folder in my installation, and it's actually empty. Is this correct? Do the keyboard.xml and mouse.xml files get created if you modify them?

Just to make sure I fully understand... Only the ORANGE buttons are remappable through IR. The WHITE buttons are remappable only through KODI. Remapping the ORANGE buttons requires a remote to be basically touching the new one. Press and hold the SET button till it stops blinking and turns solid. Click the button you want to change on the i25. Click the button you're changing it to on the old remote. Light blinks a couple times for confirmation. Press SET again to save.

Lastly, if I should screw it up again... does anybody know of ANY WAY to reset the remote back to default/unprogrammed mode? I had a really hard time getting the remote to even except new programming from my MCE remote last time. In the process, I inadvertently reprogrammed the SET button, and disabled all future programming functionality. I'd hate to do this again. Does anybody know of a way to contact Rii in case this happens again?
I've got mine working pretty well now thanks for the files in the OP! I did have to add a line to my mouse.xml file:
Code:
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>

And this my keyboard.xml:
Code:
<key id='61654'>ContextMenu</key>

Now everything is great!  I even remapped the Orange buttons to control my AVR.

Thanks again for those original files!
Hi folks,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it seems the most appropriate. I have Kodi 16 (LibreELEC 7.1) running on Wetek Hub with Rii i25 and sometimes the middle button (OK) stops working.

The blue light on the remote comes on - so signal is being sent, but nothing is picked up by kodi.

Then after a few reboots it works again. Sometimes it works in the morning, but not in the afternoon. I have no idea what is going on.

I tried reprogramming the directional OK button, but I don't think it's possible. It gives a blue light, indicating it's transmitting on 2.4GHz, whereas the top buttons give an orange light meaning it's transmitting IR.

The OK button works with the original Wetek remote, but I don't like it very much. I find the i25 much better, and it has a keyboard.

Incidentally pressing enter on the keyboard works for selecting things, but not OK on the top side.

I'm not sure how to do a factory reset either, maybe that would help.
I've seen this before myself. There are 2 things I typically do when the buttons stop working like they should. The first it to switch the remote off, then on again. That causes the remote to resync with the dongle, and then things start working correctly again. If that doesn't work, I go over to the IR receiver dongle I have, and unplug the USB cable then reconnect it. That causes Kodi to re-detect the device. So one way or another, you're basically resetting the remote's connections to your device. Whether it's the radio or the IR.
(2016-10-16, 14:57)crótach Wrote: Hi folks,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it seems the most appropriate. I have Kodi 16 (LibreELEC 7.1) running on Wetek Hub with Rii i25 and sometimes the middle button (OK) stops working.

The blue light on the remote comes on - so signal is being sent, but nothing is picked up by kodi.

Then after a few reboots it works again. Sometimes it works in the morning, but not in the afternoon. I have no idea what is going on.

Could you change your router's channel? Maybe a neighbour's turning on their WiFi router when they get home? Interference from a handsfree phone?

Quote:I tried reprogramming the directional OK button, but I don't think it's possible. It gives a blue light, indicating it's transmitting on 2.4GHz, whereas the top buttons give an orange light meaning it's transmitting IR.

You can only reprogram the orange IR buttons at the top: power, set itself, ... button, source button, and the other source button. OK, the d-pad, and everything below are all WiFi (even though on my version the d-pad has an orange circle around it, strictly speaking that should be white).

Quote:Incidentally pressing enter on the keyboard works for selecting things, but not OK on the top side.

OK is mapped to return on mine when not in air mouse mode. You will need to go to Settings > System > Logging and turn on debug logging and view the kodi.log file to check.

Most WiFi buttons are mapped to something sensible already and work fine with Kodi, the air mouse button doesn't generate anything (that's to tell the remote whether or not to generate mouse movements). Some differences in my version from the OPs: Instead of a mail button on the bottom row I've got a power button which seems to be not understood on OSMC and the three-line menu button looks the same but generates windows left key instead.

Quote:I'm not sure how to do a factory reset either, maybe that would help.

I (think) you can use set to program an IR button then let it time out. You can't factory reset the WiFi buttons, they generate fixed keycodes and you have to make Kodi understand them (it understands most already).

I'll add, not for you but for other people who've posted in this thread, that once you've got your head round the fact that the IR buttons aren't meant to be picked up by the Kodi box, but your TV/set-top box/both instead, it's a good enough remote and looks better than the rest.
Yes, IR butons are received by the TV, but you can use CEC to pass those codes from TV to TV box....
Hello all !

I've recently received the Rii i25A Mini Wireless Keyboard / Air mouse and overall it's great. There are some issues, though with it:

1) On the latest version of this remote, the bottom left key is NOT for email anymore. It shows a power On/OFF icon and it seems to function only for turning OFF the TV box. Really weird that once you turn off the box, you cannot turn it on using the same button ! I don't really mind this as I have set up one of the learnable keys for powering on and off my box, but the real issue with this key is that it seems to be wasted and cannot even be mapped to some other command for KODI (via the keymap editor program add on) as it does not generate any code. It just turns off the box when I try to map it to something else.

2) I had read on amazon.com that "If the air mouse function is active when the device goes into standby mode, the air mouse function will be active when the device wakes from standby mode. If you turn off the air mouse function it remains turned off until you turn the function on again." This does not work like that in my case. Whether I have the airmouse active or inactive before it goes to standby / sleep mode, when I use it again (after a few minutes of inactivity) it always defaults to the airmouse, which is kind of irritating..

3) I have tried using the voice search function on YouTube android TV version and it does not seem to work.

Do you have any similar experience with this air mouse or any possible solutions / workarounds? Any feedback on the above observations would be appreciated.

Has anybody tried to use this remote with Krypton yet? I'm having trouble getting the modified keymaps to work with it. Here's a link to the thread I created about it:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313040
I just received my version of the remote, but it has a slight diffrent layout. The left mouse button has become the back button, but doesn't have that function.

Can anyone help me out? I'm a total noob with this, no experience at all.

My remote looks like this:
(2017-05-02, 15:24)Thijs Wrote: I just received my version of the remote, but it has a slight diffrent layout. The left mouse button has become the back button, but doesn't have that function.

Can anyone help me out? I'm a total noob with this, no experience at all.

My remote looks like this:

The OK is the left mouse button.
(2017-05-02, 15:55)starkman Wrote: The OK is the left mouse button.

That's fine to me, but I would like to have that curved arrow to have the backspace function.
(2017-05-02, 16:40)Thijs Wrote:

That's fine to me, but I would like to have that curved arrow to have the backspace function.

You have the backspace key on the other side (keyboard side).
What OS do you use? If you use Android, you can re-map any button, but your device needs to be rooted.

Read my blog for more info: http://projects.lanik.org/AndroidProjectRIIi25a.htm
(2017-05-02, 16:42)starkman Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 16:40)Thijs Wrote:

You have the backspace key on the other side (keyboard side).

That's right, and two right mouse buttons on the front. To know, the stripes (second left on the bottom row) and the curved arrow. So 1 of them is useless. Since the curved arrow is much more like a back symbol, I would love it to act like the backspace (read: going one page back).

(2017-05-02, 17:50)DaLanik Wrote: What OS do you use? If you use Android, you can re-map any button, but your device needs to be rooted.

Read my blog for more info: http://projects.lanik.org/AndroidProjectRIIi25a.htm

I'm using an OSMC Vero2 device. I don't have an android sd card yet, so I only have the osmc version of kodi running.

I saw in your blog there is a possibility to make the orange buttons work. Do you think this is solvable on just a osmc vero2 or should I wait until I have an sd card with android on it?
Orange buttons work with your TV, and TV can send them to the android box via HDMI-CEC, if it supports it (and your box). Most Android boxes and new tvs do.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote1