• 6(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
I've been trying to upgrade off of Frodo for a while now, but I had a lip-sync issue with all versions of Gotham. That is gone with Kodi Helix, but I am experience the same crashes as everyone else it seem. Most of the crashes hard lock my PC requiring me to press the reset button. I disabled the webserver but it did not help. I updated to the test version found on the first post in this thread but am still crashing. The latest crash happened during playback. I have a debug.log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=420023

Please let me know if you need anything else.
relayer35, download .PDB file as described in first post and upload somewhere crashdump with debug log after new crash.
I have had failures on both releases of Kodi so far 14.0 and 14.1. it is Windows 7. It is fairly random when it happens, so I haven't noticed a pattern.

This seems to be a known issue so probably not much to add here.

I do have a question though. The listed fix is to disable the webserver. I control all of my boxes through an iphone remote. If I disable the webserver, Kodi is useless to me. any other options?
(2015-02-09, 23:39)delpi Wrote: I have had failures on both releases of Kodi so far 14.0 and 14.1. it is Windows 7. It is fairly random when it happens, so I haven't noticed a pattern.

This seems to be a known issue so probably not much to add here.

I do have a question though. The listed fix is to disable the webserver. I control all of my boxes through an iphone remote. If I disable the webserver, Kodi is useless to me. any other options?

Did you try updating 14.1 to the Feb 5th build in the first post? This seems to have fixed it for me.
I was having issues with Kodi 14.1 crashing on Windows 7 using the iOS remote so I tried the Feb 5 crash fix version here, but I can't get that working at all.
I have done a fresh install on a new machine and none of the add ons seem to be working.

I installed the BBC-iPlayer add-on and also the TV-Addons, both installed but neither with launch, they just say "Working"

I checked the Kodi logs directory and can see some crashes. I've made them available here.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4095600/Kodi.zip
(2015-02-10, 01:27)Pacha2 Wrote: I was having issues with Kodi 14.1 crashing on Windows 7 using the iOS remote so I tried the Feb 5 crash fix version here, but I can't get that working at all.
I have done a fresh install on a new machine and none of the add ons seem to be working.
I was also getting crashes with Kodi (14.0 & 14.1) on Windows 7 when using the iOS remote app. Kodi was crashing constantly - seemingly at random times, but with such a frequency that made it unusable.

It was driving me crazy so I tried: uninstalling all of my addons, removing every repository, re-installing Kodi, completely uninstalling Kodi and doing fresh installs ... but nothing worked.

Then I saw this thread was created, so I installed every test release that was posted here. Some of the releases sorta seemed to cut back on the amount of crashes I was getting, but even still, Kodi was basically guaranteed to crash for me sooner or later.

Ultimately, about a week or two ago, I stopped using the iOS remote app entirely, to see if that would change anything, and ever since then I have not had a single crash. It's a shame since the remote app is really very useful (on Gotham at least lol), but I guess Kodi on Win7 doesn't play well with it Sad

For what it's worth, this is the crash-free setup I've been using now:
- the current Kodi 14.1 "stable" release
- HippoRemote iOS app (with their included XBMC profile), instead of the XBMC iOS remote app

HippoRemote is pretty powerful and certainly does the trick, but I still look forward to this bug being fixed so I can use the official XBMC remote app again.

tl;dr I ditched the iOS remote app and Kodi hasn't crashed since
Just following up again. Installed Feb 5th version at 10PM that night.

It is now 2/9 at 9:28 with it being on that version full time without closing Kodi or crashing out. So just 1/2 hour short 4 full days being used every day and not closing it down for any reason.

Well done Karlson2k. Well done.
14.1 test builds for the crash bug are on post #1 page #1
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216275
Im back, but still with good news.
No crash since i installed the 5th Feb. version around 20 o'clock the 5th, and still no crash, so pretty sure whatever you did fixed it Karlson2k, so i gave you a +Reputation, for fixing and being awesome. Smile
Is the 5th february build , the same as the 14.1 windows build on the official download page?
(2015-02-11, 13:06)Skank Wrote: Is the 5th february build , the same as the 14.1 windows build on the official download page?

no it's not
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-11, 13:06)Skank Wrote: Is the 5th february build , the same as the 14.1 windows build on the official download page?

Yes & No, the build in this thread is a test build based on the official 14.1 release but has additional fixes to try and resolve a crashing problem associated with having the webserver enabled. Once the issue is confirmed as resolved then the fixes will be merged into Master on Github, and depending on the timing of when that happens they maybe included in a bug fix version 14.2 or maybe delayed until version 15.
Ah beaten to it Smile Btw the above is my understanding and I'm sure Martijn will correct if I've understood wrong.
Five days testing the 5th February build, webserver enabled. Still no crash Smile
I could've sworn I saw several people complaining the new build was crashing? Maybe we should run a poll or something?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3