• 6(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
(2020-02-13, 16:57)axbmcuser Wrote: @beeswax

The madVR settings page and settings addons have to go in order to get the wanted and extensively discussed more robust future proof build.

If you want to switch stuff like banding settings around on the fly, the recommended "official" way for madVR is to do so with the madVR's native and great rules-, groups- and keybard-shortcuts-features/support.

Regarding seek step defaults:
There is nothing special about the changed seek step defaults. Just the defaults have changed. If you want to change them to what has been the default in the past, you can do so of course.

ok mate i'm onboard now, we can also press CTRL + S while the movie is playing and tweak there, this also works on the fly, BEESWAX, try it yourself, its fine.
CTRL + S 

Will try that one later - thanks for the tip.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
ive mapped it to my KODI startup button on my remote, as you can only have one KODI running at a time I dont have to map a seperate button., ideal !.

Just wondering though, what are the advantages of using extrernal filters really when all you have to do to update your filters is copy them from the program files folder into here straight over the top of the old ones:

\KODI\system\players\dsplayer\LAVFilters

This is loads quicker than setting up externals again if you ever have to do a full reinstall, also with LAV not changing that often you rarely have to do this.

Are there any advantages if missed?
Hi, just got around to testing 4.0.

I installed it over the top, this doesnt work, however i just copied my portable data over the top of a brand new build and hey presto..... and everything worked!

this is fantastic mate, its feel quicker to me as well, your menu changes and stuff work really well, maybe 2020 isnt a bust afterall..!

Thanks so much for your continued dev on this mate.
Small 005 update online - see first post:

2020-02-13 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI005
  • "Cleanup LAV Source Splitter audio and subtitle subtitle track names [...]" from BETTERGUI004 build (see above changelog) now also works for the old internal LAVFilters, not only for external LAVFilters
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Great stuff - thanks for your work.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
quick question, these updates, can they be installed over the top or is a new build required every time?
@mclingo
The installer is the same type of installer as a regular Kodi 17/18 installer. Just install it to the same folder where the old version is installed.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hi, I dont think that works for some of these builds, for instance on build 4 when I installed it over the top DSPLAYER was still at the bottom of the list suggesting something hadnt changed correctly, as an example. When I did a fresh build and then copied my portable data over DSPLAYER went to the top of the menu as it should do.

both versions worked however so its a minor issue, just thought i'd let you know.
Because it gets asked very often, i added some remarks on why internal LAVFilters should not be updated to the first post:

! Remarks on why the internal LAVFilters shouldn't just be overwritten/updated with newer versions:
The internal LAVFilters are custom compiled versions by aracnoz which have some changed code. If you just overwrite them with "regular" newer LAVFilters versions, there will be internal communication errors between DSPlayer and the falsely updated "internal" LAVFilters.
Videos will still play in many cases, but there will be internal errors because of the missing custom-code-changes and some things just won't function correctly anymore. (Like the tray settings callback) ...and that's just something that you would not want to have if you want a really correct robust build.
The clean and future-proof way therefore is to just switch to external filters. It's really easy with some basic technical knowledge. (see first post) Cool
@mclingo 

Installing over previous in non-portable works fine here.
(2020-02-14, 15:39)mclingo Wrote: Hi, I dont think that works for some of these builds, for instance on build 4 when I installed it over the top DSPLAYER was still at the bottom of the list suggesting something hadnt changed correctly, as an example. When I did a fresh build and then copied my portable data over DSPLAYER went to the top of the menu as it should do.

both versions worked however so its a minor issue, just thought i'd let you know.
I know it might sound daft, but did you check the install location? 1st time I used there builds it tried to install to a different location than my current install.
(2020-02-14, 15:44)axbmcuser Wrote: Because it gets asked very often, i added some remarks on why internal LAVFilters should not be updated to the first post:

! Remarks on why the internal LAVFilters shouldn't just be overwritten/updated with newer versions:
The internal LAVFilters are custom compiled versions by aracnoz which have some changed code. If you just overwrite them with "regular" newer LAVFilters versions, there will be internal communication errors between DSPlayer and the falsely updated "internal" LAVFilters.
Videos will still play in many cases, but there will be internal errors because of the missing custom-code-changes and some things just won't function correctly anymore. (Like the tray settings callback) ...and that's just something that you would not want to have if you want a really correct robust build.
The clean and future-proof way therefore is to just switch to external filters. It's really easy with some basic technical knowledge. (see first post) Cool

Is there any reason to keep the internal filters then? Seems like best thing would be to just move away from them. That keeps the diff a lot smaller and seems like it would make updating to 18+ a lot easier.
(2020-02-14, 17:54)Mordred Wrote: Is there any reason to keep the internal filters then? Seems like best thing would be to just move away from them. That keeps the diff a lot smaller and seems like it would make updating to 18+ a lot easier.

I mentioned sometime that i already considered removing them, but for now i did not go through with the removal since it seems like they have some users which still use them for convenience reasons.

All changes and additions i make won't do anything about making a KODI 18 DSPlayer version "easier". This train of thought is imho all hopes and dreams, i'm afraid.
A Kodi 18 DSPlayer is imho a separate massive "rewrite project" and hasn't much in common with improving the existing (great) Kodi DSPlayer 17 and making it more robust.
(2020-02-14, 18:33)axbmcuser Wrote: A Kodi 18 DSPlayer is imho a separate massive "rewrite project" and hasn't much in common with improving the existing (great) Kodi DSPlayer 17 and making it more robust.
While I agree, by now, with your estimate on the magnitude ofa Kodi 18/19 DSPlayer update, I have to ask again: what do you consider doing for making DSPlayer "more robust"?
You updated scaling algorithms for GUI, that's great and much appreciated. But have you got anything else in mind? I don't see how DSPlayer could be made "more robust", basically. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8