• 61(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
fekker Wrote:Another update for MIP release canidate 3

Requires (and only works with) MIP RC3.X (see previous message from me for the download information for RC3)

fixes include VIDEO_TS fix and about 50 other reported issues / requests

The VIDEO_TS scan is done when movies are loaded into MIP, it adds a second or two. Bascially it'll copy the data from the main folder to the VIDEO_TS folder, it uses an MD5 hash to ensure that if the file is already in the VIDEO_TS folder it's up to date.

Tested with xbmc 18457 under windows

- I still haven't done the toolbar for the media images, so it works just like the goggles.

Thanks! I will try and test the VIDEO_TS fix this w/e.
stanley87 Wrote:i'm getting:

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'miplibfc, Version=1.0.1.2800, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8be0b0a92da598ee' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'miplibfc, Version=1.0.1.2800, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8be0b0a92da598ee'
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.getfcdn_movie_front(Boolean precache, ArrayList& downloadlist)
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.processdropdownitems()
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.lbMyMovies_MouseClicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

everytime i click on a movie after Loading movies with the new version you just posted?

make sure you have miplibfc.dll in the install directory.. version should be 1.0.1.2800 for that dll
[quote=MrDVD]Hallo, fist of all i want to thanks you for all your work.

Is it possible that there is a language bug inside the software ?

I played now for some days with it and when i select german as default for the tvshows it didnt download any Poster. (only episode.tbn and banners works)

I had the problem with the older Movie info plus and also with Media info plus.

Can someone tell me whats the trick to get german infos via MIP and thetvdb ?[/QUOTE}

what's the name and tvdb id number for that show. (you can get the number by clicking on the tvdb link in the shows toolbar, it'll open the page on the site, the url is fine, number is the url)
Very cool rc3 works well. I was working on the list of movies with problems and had to click out of it then back into "Movies with Problems" to get it to update. Can you make it so it updates automatically or add a refresh button?

Thanks
W00dyW00d Wrote:Very cool rc3 works well. I was working on the list of movies with problems and had to click out of it then back into "Movies with Problems" to get it to update. Can you make it so it updates automatically or add a refresh button?

Thanks

Although it's not really viable in the gui, clicking on the item again will refresh it, no need to click on anything else first.
Regarding the music fanart pack, there are a lot of artists in that pack, but I had many artists not included in the pack. I have collected fanart for most every artist I have, althought they are of varying sizes and quality, most look fine on my 42' tv at 720p, running PMIIIHD. I'd rather have something there than nothing at all, I know there are a lot here that would disagree, but if there is some intrest, maybe I could relese an "Xbox Music Artist Fanart Pack" with more artists and every image being 960X540 or lower.

Also, are there plans for the future for any sites to scrape for the Artist Fanart?
joebrady Wrote:Regarding the music fanart pack, there are a lot of artists in that pack, but I had many artists not included in the pack. I have collected fanart for most every artist I have, althought they are of varying sizes and quality, most look fine on my 42' tv at 720p, running PMIIIHD. I'd rather have something there than nothing at all, I know there are a lot here that would disagree, but if there is some intrest, maybe I could relese an "Xbox Music Artist Fanart Pack" with more artists and every image being 960X540 or lower.

Also, are there plans for the future for any sites to scrape for the Artist Fanart?

The pack sounds like a good idea, if you match MIP's naming convention for fanart, then just putting those images into the custom images folder for fanart will automatically associate them to the music.

When there's a site that has music data and fanart that allows scraping, i'll add it.
I've been looking at thetvdb's api to see what it takes to get up and running, it doesn't seem to bad, mostly php, mysql backend, open source too.
fekker Wrote:[quote=MrDVD]Hallo, fist of all i want to thanks you for all your work.

Is it possible that there is a language bug inside the software ?

I played now for some days with it and when i select german as default for the tvshows it didnt download any Poster. (only episode.tbn and banners works)

I had the problem with the older Movie info plus and also with Media info plus.

Can someone tell me whats the trick to get german infos via MIP and thetvdb ?[/QUOTE}

what's the name and tvdb id number for that show. (you can get the number by clicking on the tvdb link in the shows toolbar, it'll open the page on the site, the url is fine, number is the url)

Hallo, i tested it with ~ 80 series and its always the same Smile
You can test it with 24 (76290)

Maybe it helps you if i say it works with the scraper inside xbmc but there is an option called "Language Override for Banners" under TheTVDB settings.
MrDVD Wrote:[quote=fekker]

Hallo, i tested it with ~ 80 series and its always the same Smile
You can test it with 24 (76290)

Maybe it helps you if i say it works with the scraper inside xbmc but there is an option called "Language Override for Banners" under TheTVDB settings.

Ok I see what's going on.. the tvdb api returns the lang of "en" instead of "de" in the xml that is returned from the api request, "de" was the selected lang.

I'll add an option ignore the lang returned and get the image for anything other then "en".. (i.e. this change will not do anything different for english).. I'm guessing this is the same setting used in xbmc as they use the same api. To keep things the same, i'll name it the same as xbmc uses.
Thx, this will make thing easier for non english user Smile
Hey fekker,

Got it working thanks!
Feature sugestion:
How about Artist "fanart"
EG: Music/A Perfect Circle/folder.jpg
Music/A Perfect Circle/Emotive/folder.jpg

You could have a scraper to find images of the band etc off some site, but what I have done that looks pretty effective is overlay all the album covers. So, the first one is not rotated. Next one straight ontop is rotated at eg: 35degrees. Or you take total albums divide by 360 then rotate each album at that. etc.
Maybe you could do this but automated using ImageMagick?
I might have a play and see what i can come up with.
You could have a few different options of how the albums are layed out etc...
Maybe use http://www.buzznet.com or something?
Question 
Hey Fekker,

I'm currently using Movie Info Plus to try and get fanart etc down for my TV shows (version displayed is 1.0.0.2450 ... though I'm sure I'd copied in an exe with a higher number Huh). Anyway, whilst it's detecting all my shows correctly from the folder names, it's not detecting ANY of the episodes except bar 2 of the first episodes in the Season 01 folder of the A-Team.

All shows are organised as follows:

TV Show Name
|--Season XX
|--|--TV Show Name.sNNeMM

But like I say, nothing is detected.

Any suggestions ... sorry if this has been asked before. I've done a few searches within this thread but not come up with the answer.

Cheers,
~Dan
Cool idea on the music fanart by overlaying images.. i'm sure image magick can do it, there's a few plugins that also do it, but are not open source. I'll play around abit with it as I get the media images toolbar working (resize, crop, create poster, etc)

daniel.pool Wrote:Hey Fekker,

I'm currently using Movie Info Plus to try and get fanart etc down for my TV shows (version displayed is 1.0.0.2450 ... though I'm sure I'd copied in an exe with a higher number Huh). Anyway, whilst it's detecting all my shows correctly from the folder names, it's not detecting ANY of the episodes except bar 2 of the first episodes in the Season 01 folder of the A-Team.

All shows are organised as follows:

TV Show Name
|--Season XX
|--|--TV Show Name.sNNeMM

But like I say, nothing is detected.

Any suggestions ... sorry if this has been asked before. I've done a few searches within this thread but not come up with the answer.

Cheers,
~Dan
I would try out rc3 with the rc3.4 patch, it will show you if it finds a file that it can't figure out what it is and allow you to rename it.

another way would be to get a directory listing from one of the shows it won't load and post it to pastebin.. include the full file name
(if they are iso files, are they lower case? (i.e. .iso and not .ISO .. not sure if that bug is fixed in Movie Info Plus, it is for sure in the rc3 of Media Info Plus.)
with Aeon coming up soon, been thinking of giving this a try.

Just crappy I have my movies in several folders on different drives.

This will take awhile Tongue

checked the manual so Xbmc will see the nfo, and skip scanning the movie is what I read still correct?
@fekker - is there any way to rename/edit some xml for german posters aslong there isnt a new version out ?

Than i also want to ask if its possible to add an field where you can enter the tvdb ID when MIP didnt find the serie itself ?

Next and last q. is Smile
did you maybe plan to implement the OFDb scraper like its inside xbmc ? it would be a cool option to combinate the gfx part from themoviedb and the Plot/Title from OFDb.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1