• 7(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
When enabling Eup the power to the IR is also cutoff so booting by (IR)remote is then no longer an option, only power on by the switch on the front.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
EUP is some kind of European directive to make devices use less power in standby. Just disable EUP if you want to use wake-on-LAN, wake-on-USB etc.

It will use more power but that is inevitable. If you don't use these features then leave it enabled.
Theres a bug at the moment in flgrx IIRC that means half the time there is no picture when waking from suspend.
Not sure if I'm missing something here, when ordering online when does it show the shipping costs? I'm going through a "mock purchase" to see what the cost is with shipping and I don't see it. The next button for me to click is authorize payment, not about to do that!!
(2013-02-18, 22:05)calibos Wrote: Theres a bug at the moment in flgrx IIRC that means half the time there is no picture when waking from suspend.

Suspend has been buggy in OpenElec and XBMCbuntu for as long as I can remember. I used to get freezes on resume every other day. The funny thing is I came over to OpenElec because XBMC on Windows would stutter after several days of suspend/resume cycles. That bug is still there several years later.

Im sure there are people out there with it working perfectly but I just gave up on using suspend eventually. Its not so bad with OpenElec due to the quick boot.
(2013-02-18, 22:58)_Raven Wrote: Not sure if I'm missing something here, when ordering online when does it show the shipping costs? I'm going through a "mock purchase" to see what the cost is with shipping and I don't see it. The next button for me to click is authorize payment, not about to do that!!

Hi,

I ordered a MC001-XBMC-(EU) for 194 Euros (£164) about a week ago. It's not very clear, but if you look at that link, it says 'free shipping item' on the web-page. The order was processed through Moneybrookers and the final amount was 194 Euros.

They also don't quote a delivery time, but I've seen an unboxing video on YouTube from someone who's just got one in Germany.

HTH
Same thing for me. I ordered on 7 February and since then I have not heard from them.

For now my order is still "your order has not been processed."

I contacted them through their "contact" page, but no response ...

For the unboxing on YouTube, this is the DVD version and not the version of XBMC. Because when you look at the second video is a 500GB hard drive (instead of 1TB) and 4GB ram (instead of 2GB). And he did not have a remote in the box.
I just go mine from Amazon.de, the -E version with DVD drive plus I got the remote.

Also ordered an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD disk and 4 GB RAM, that's coming tomorrow.

Now the big question: Should one wait for OpenElec final for Arctic or is there a stable version out there?
(2013-02-19, 13:49)djon Wrote: I just go mine from Amazon.de, the -E version with DVD drive plus I got the remote.

Also ordered an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD disk and 4 GB RAM, that's coming tomorrow.

Now the big question: Should one wait for OpenElec final for Arctic or is there a stable version out there?

If you want to play with it immediately then you should install Generic i386 Version:2.99.2 (3.0 RC 2), Just don't waste too much time setting it up perfect because you will be doing a clean install once the Arctic build is ready.

I expect the first official Arctic build to be availablevery soon. I think it will be 3.0 RC3 rather than final but don't quote me on that.
(2013-02-19, 09:45)codedreamer Wrote: Hi,

I ordered a MC001-XBMC-(EU) for 194 Euros (£164) about a week ago. It's not very clear, but if you look at that link, it says 'free shipping item' on the web-page. The order was processed through Moneybrookers and the final amount was 194 Euros.

They also don't quote a delivery time, but I've seen an unboxing video on YouTube from someone who's just got one in Germany.

HTH

I took a look again and for some reason it loaded a different webpage now. So I got my answer, $48.00 shipping. Thanks!
Guys quick question please, can i install 2 x 64go ssd on this machine? one will have openelec and the other one win7/8 if i need to access to windows... Can i also use 1 x 8 go ram and will be it enough for win7/8 ? Thank you
To mount a second ssd you will need a caddy for it in place of the DVD drive. In which case you will need to go with an external DVD or Blu-ray drive if you want one.

I am running Win8 on mine with a single stick of 4Gb ram and find it perfectly adequate. I'd imagine the cpu is going to be the limiting factor and 8Gb ram is overkill.
and you can always use a USB stick or SD Card (class 10) to install Openelec... Wink
can I install Openelec and Win on a single SSD 128 gb ?

and as for Ram, should i buy 2 x 4go or 1x 8go ?
Can help you with the dual boot thing (Openelec gets updated a lot dont know if this will be possible with dual boot - if you find anything else please write in here Smile )...

2x4gb....
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5