• 7(current)
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote
(2017-05-03, 09:16)DaLanik Wrote: Orange buttons work with your TV, and TV can send them to the android box via HDMI-CEC, if it supports it (and your box). Most Android boxes and new tvs do.

Ah, I get it... it's one upgrade further for me Big Grin I have a big computer screen in my living room in use as a tv in combination of my osmc vero2 box.

But to get really satisfied with my remote, I would love it when the arrow get's the same function as the backspace.

When I use Keymap Editor, and follow this route:
- Edit
- Global
- Navigation
- Back (which is currently on "browser_back" button)
- Edit key
- Pressing the curved arrow key
And then I'm thrown back to the "Select the action to assign a key" screen without any visible result.

Well, at some moments it does function a bit like the backspace, but then my mouse gets visible or I get the right mouse menu...

Does anyone Know how to get this fixed?
Hi there,

I've bought and received an sd memory card to install android. While this is running as a separate OS, I was able to run the KeyEventDisplay app on android. So I could see Android does recognize it as button id "4" and the backspace button on the other side as button id "67"

Since Android is running as a separate os I have to do it from within the osmc standalone kodi installation.

Is there a way to give button "4" the same function as button "67" (backspace)?

I would like to do it within the .xml file, but I don't know how to the function of the backspace is called... I've tried "back", "backspace", "pageback". It doesn't work.

I've tried it even a couple of times with the keymap editor within kodi. But the problem there is that the actual function (right click button on the mouse) is overruling the new desired function I'm trying to apply.

I'm getting a bit tired from turning the remote around all the time, so a solution would be very welcome!
Keymap editor can't map every key, at least on Android. You have to look at my tutorial how to change the key in Android. You need to be rooted. Take a look one page back I posted the link to my tutorial.

D.
(2017-05-16, 15:00)DaLanik Wrote: Keymap editor can't map every key, at least on Android. You have to look at my tutorial how to change the key in Android. You need to be rooted. Take a look one page back I posted the link to my tutorial.

D.
On android it works like a charm, I wish id did as good on osmc kodi!

Your blog is very useful IF you use kodi as an android application. But I hope to be clear enough that my kodi is NOT an android application, but a stand alone os thrue OSMC.
So... I need to fix it within kodi or with the keymap xml files. But I don't know how t call that function that the backspace button does have. Otherwise I would have fixed it allready...
(2017-05-16, 15:00)DaLanik Wrote: Keymap editor can't map every key, at least on Android. You have to look at my tutorial how to change the key in Android. You need to be rooted. Take a look one page back I posted the link to my tutorial.

D.

@DaLanik if anything goes wrong can I just delete the new Vendor.kl that I have created using you tutorial and everything goes back to normal?
Yes. Also the advanage is that this concerns only the device you are adding, if you mess anything you can always plug in normal keyboard (USB) and it will work just fine.
(2017-07-20, 13:00)DaLanik Wrote: Yes. Also the advanage is that this concerns only the device you are adding, if you mess anything you can always plug in normal keyboard (USB) and it will work just fine.

@DaLanik I followed your tutorial step by step and now only the Air mouse works. I have deleted the file and everything is back to normal Sad

Please advise!
How can I advise, I don't have the magic ball Smile Just use KeyEvent Display and get each key code, decide what to change and that's it... are you sure you got the correct device in the list of devices?

Did you set the permissions?
Could some please re-upload the keymap files from the first post?
yes please, can someone who has a working example for this remote please upload the files(s).  I am a newbie and have been tring for 3 days to figure out how to get this remote working.  maybe an example file can help me.  please....anyone....
I can't get the media keys to work at all in Kodi.  Play/Pause, Forward, Rewind, do nothing.  I enabled debug and the debug log isnt even registering the keypress.  However, it works fine in the media player outside of Kodi, Only Kodi having the problem.  RII i25 remote.  

I can't even begin to describe how frustrated I am trying to get this remote to work in Kodi.  The documentation is horrible.
The documentation is user generated, improvements are welcome.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-10-31, 05:23)DFergFLA Wrote: I can't get the media keys to work at all in Kodi.  Play/Pause, Forward, Rewind, do nothing.  I enabled debug and the debug log isnt even registering the keypress.  However, it works fine in the media player outside of Kodi, Only Kodi having the problem.  RII i25 remote.  

I can't even begin to describe how frustrated I am trying to get this remote to work in Kodi.  The documentation is horrible.

Use android app from the store "key event display" to get the key codes. read my blog: http://projects.lanik.org/AndroidProjectRIIi25a.htm
(2017-10-31, 02:15)DFergFLA Wrote: yes please, can someone who has a working example for this remote please upload the files(s).  I am a newbie and have been tring for 3 days to figure out how to get this remote working.  maybe an example file can help me.  please....anyone....

Yes please
@DanLanik

I don't see why I need to go out and buy an Android device in order to be able to program my remote.  I don't own one and frankly don't want one.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Riitek i25 IR/RF keyboard remote1