• 7(current)
Sony Android TV Passthrough not working for anything
(2017-12-09, 19:16)patafrom Wrote: hi ,

sorry for the dummy question, but it is not clear to me. should it be fixed from sony, from google or from Kodi  ?

According to the answer, is there a chance to get passthrought working correctly with this tv some days ?

Thank you guys.

P
The fix needs to come from the manufacturer of the chipset sony uses - to provide a working API for the android OS to pass DTS through.  The native sony 'video' app can do it, but other android apps do not have access to that method. Note that Dolby Digital 5.1 does pass through correctly, and with the correct settings Kodi will transcode DTS to DD 5.1 so you still get surround sound.
(2017-12-09, 19:20)fritsch Wrote: Enable AC3
Enable Dolby Transcode
Set speakers to 2.0

done
Not sure it is the same than having the signal decoded by the receiver, is it the same quality ?
(2017-12-09, 20:12)patafrom Wrote: Not sure it is the same than having the signal decoded by the receiver, is it the same quality ? 
 Try a blind test playing some DTS content with the native sony app, then kodi.  If you can't hear a difference it is the same quality.
(2017-12-09, 20:41)lesmikesell Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 20:12)patafrom Wrote: Not sure it is the same than having the signal decoded by the receiver, is it the same quality ? 
 Try a blind test playing some DTS content with the native sony app, then kodi.  If you can't hear a difference it is the same quality. 
Or use the kodi shitty build like i do. DTS passthrough works with it.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/
Sony KD-65XF9005 ATV 2018 SonyFW [actual crappy / buggy version] - Sony STR-DN1070 - NVIDIA SHIELD TV [2017]
Hi,

I've been trying to get surround working on my system for the last 12 hours and I've tried about everything:

- optical out / HDMI (ACR)
- regular / shitty / notsoshitty builds
- all possible settings and combinations between Kodi audio settings and 

With the shitty version, I get a static sound on my receiver when playing a movie (with passthru configured with or without enabling transcoding) 
With the notsoshitty and the normal version when I enable transcoding I only hear surround sound (and no voices)
Without transcoding I only get 2 channels

Doe anyone have any idea what else I could try ?

my TV is a Sony KD65AD01 connected through ARC on a Yamaha HTR 4065

Anyone got any ideas ? I'm pretty desperate here ...

Thanks a lot for any tips !
(2017-12-12, 16:09)mpiet Wrote:
(2017-12-09, 20:41)lesmikesell Wrote:
Or use the kodi shitty build like i do. DTS passthrough works with it.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/ 
Which once from all of them I have to install on Sony tv exactly?
Thank you in advance.
I used the latest shitty arm from 2502 I believe, and DTS/DD/DD+ working perfectly for me now!
Don't know who called it shitty, but for me it certainly ain't shitty :-)

Is someone maintaining these shitty releases, what exactly has been done in them?
Quite trivial: https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc/commits/shitty

a) Don't support Float format -> will reduce audio quality by 50%
b) Force Passthrough tunneled in 16 bit PCM and hope the AVR understands it or -> full noise on the ear

Both shitty workaround make a shitty build
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-10-26, 14:10)fritsch Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 05:37)steamman Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 21:50)lesmikesell Wrote: Has anyone compared the kodi client-side transcoding to Plex doing it server-side?    My ears aren't that great but my first impression is that kodi sounds better with my concert videos where DTS is being transcoded to DD 5.1.   Could they be using a different output bitrate or is this my imagination?

May I know how to setup transcoding DTS to DD 5.1? In the audio passthrough setting menu of v17.5, I couldn't find the option for DTS, only DD is available. 

Your TV does not support DTS - that's why it is not there.

Speakers: 2.0
Enable: AC3
Enable: Dolby Transcoding

that's it. 
My problem is that I can not see any option button under passthrough. the only choice for me is the 2.0 channel. could anybody tell me what's wrong with my KODI? or my SONY TV?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV Passthrough not working for anything0