• 7(current)
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched
first, find the git binary. then do chmod +x git
XBMScript - Easy installation for Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (9.04)
Installing XBMC on Ubuntu can't get easier than this!
Before posting error/feature questions regarding XBMScript, read THIS
Run as root. Don't be a pussy
Hi, I`m not sure where to post this, as I don`t know the origin of my error. The problem is that I updated xbmc and Showmix yesterday using your script and xbmcupdate (thanks for your script btw, really eased up the whole process =) )

anyway, sience the last update, i cant open xbmc at all. Windows (XP) just tells me that "XBMC Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can`t see anyone else who has encountered this problem, so I have no idea why its like this. Anyway, should I just wait for the next update, or should I do a fresh install and config the whole thing over again?
Just downloaded the script, made the required changes and volia, it's downloading. I'll have to wait and see if it creates a mess or not Wink, but I really like the idea!! This is great!

Quick note, don't know it's been mentioned yet, but don't forget mac/unix users, the paths are case senstive

Meaning you should be pointing to something like /user/[name]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin

Most people with any scripting knowledge should have figured that one out, but just in case Tongue

Again, big thinks! A really good idea, done really simply!

Cheers
Shane
I'm not sure if it's working for me..

flxfxp Wrote:first, find the git binary. then do chmod +x git

I applied this to the folder /usr/local/git. Was the one you are refering to? Did it and still get the following error message:

"./asmupdate.sh: line 61 git: command not fond"

Thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:I applied this to the folder /usr/local/git. Was the one you are refering to? Did it and still get the following error message:

"./asmupdate.sh: line 61 git: command not fond"

Thoughts?

Hi Steve, Couple of questions:

1. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Git?

2. If you edit asmupdate.sh, go down to part 4, and check the Git Path? For example, if the full path to the git binaries are /usr/local/git-mac/git, then the path you need to set is GITPATH=/usr/local/git-mac

3. If you open a normal shell prompt, and type git does anything run?
tbird2340 Wrote:I'm not sure if it's working for me..

Hi tbird, Are you using version 20090901? And can you see if there is a "ASMUpdateExclude.txt" file in there?

Another issue to check is permissions, whether you are running as Administrator or not...
RustyKnight Wrote:Just downloaded the script, made the required changes and volia, it's downloading. I'll have to wait and see if it creates a mess or not Wink, but I really like the idea!! This is great!

Quick note, don't know it's been mentioned yet, but don't forget mac/unix users, the paths are case senstive

Meaning you should be pointing to something like /user/[name]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin

Most people with any scripting knowledge should have figured that one out, but just in case Tongue

Again, big thinks! A really good idea, done really simply!

Cheers
Shane

Thanks Shane.. Glad you found it useful Big Grin As for "/user/[name]/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin" - well, that is typical for Mac, but not linux.. Usually, most linux ppl keep everything lower case... Far easier to type in a cmdline.. Smile Will update the script next time round Smile
Geirern87 Wrote:Hi, I`m not sure where to post this, as I don`t know the origin of my error. The problem is that I updated xbmc and Showmix yesterday using your script and xbmcupdate (thanks for your script btw, really eased up the whole process =) )

anyway, sience the last update, i cant open xbmc at all. Windows (XP) just tells me that "XBMC Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close." Can`t see anyone else who has encountered this problem, so I have no idea why its like this. Anyway, should I just wait for the next update, or should I do a fresh install and config the whole thing over again?

Are you still facing this problem? Try updating again?
I was thinking about changing this script to an actual program, like xbmcupdate, but if I do, I would not be able to provide a Mac version, and it would be harder for other people/projects to use this in their own projects.. On the plus side, it would be much easier to configure for users.

Anyone have any thoughts? Or other suggestions for improvements?
This script is a great idea. Ive had reasonable success with it. But the skin versions seem to argue with one another!! I downloaded all 3 as I'm just starting out with this setup and began to use Aeon Auriga. It all looked fine.

Then I switched to Hitched, which looked great as well. But when I switched back to Auriga, some of its textures were missing, and there were alignment problems. And also backdrops were simply not displaying.

Should this be happening? Or is it best to just stick to having 1 version of Aeon *only* in the skin dir?
@patkhoo

I added the option to get the latest Phil65 mod by temmi2000 in your script.
See my changes here: http://pastie.org/640013

Maybe others would be happy to get this too, so integrating it in your next version might be helpful to others.

Cheers for the nice script.

(Note: I also fixed an issue with spaces in paths at line 129.)
Mouton Wrote:@patkhoo

I added the option to get the latest Phil65 mod by temmi2000 in your script.
See my changes here: http://pastie.org/640013

Maybe others would be happy to get this too, so integrating it in your next version might be helpful to others.

Cheers for the nice script.

(Note: I also fixed an issue with spaces in paths at line 129.)

Sweet thanks now I don't have to keep over writing my showcase folder :p

Ermmm is this for mac and linux only.....
Ram2000 Wrote:Ermmm is this for mac and linux only.....
Sure is... Smile

Here's the Windows version: http://pastie.org/640055
(Untested unfortunately... good luck!)
Mouton Wrote:Sure is... Smile

Here's the Windows version: http://pastie.org/640055
(Untested unfortunately... good luck!)

Thanks Ill give it a go
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched1