• 8(current)
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!
Did you try enabling the option in the device settings (Power Options -> Device can wake up the PC)
As far as I can remember that option should _only_ apply to hibernation modes, anyhow - since I enabled it on my PC, I have no problems turning my PC on via Remote...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-07-03, 14:40)HenryFord Wrote: Did you try enabling the option in the device settings (Power Options -> Device can wake up the PC)
As far as I can remember that option should _only_ apply to hibernation modes, anyhow - since I enabled it on my PC, I have no problems turning my PC on via Remote...

Already done. I think one of the registry changes in the in the XBMC remote set up changed something. Or I have no idea what the hell happened. tempted to just go and wipe it and start from scratch.
Which board do you have?
Changes in software-setup shouldn't affect this directly because this is all low-level, software shouldn't be able to touch this in any circumstance since this is all hardware-based.
Wiping wouldn't yield any measurable changes for you.... the problems seems to lie within your BIOS-(or more likely: UEFI-)configuration. That should be the culprit because everything happens there...

What settings did you exactly setup in your BIOS?

By the way:
I am using the Asrock 970 Extreme 4 ( http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme4/ ) - and it all works flawless for me. My PC can be turned on via my remote, my keyboard and WOL (only thing bugging me is that sleep actually isn't working at all - when I turn to sleep-mode, my PC just goes ahead and wakes itself up again; Nothing I can do about that (yes, I tried with everything disconnected Wink ) and hibernation is a really, really strange thing - when I turn to hibernation, I cannot turn my system back on after it went off; I can do whatever I want - pressing something on the keyboard or remote, sending WOL packages, pressing the power-button in the case: This system just stays powered off. Only solution is to switch off the power-supply and switch it back on, then the systems boot up (from hibernation, by the way); I just don't care overly much because I tend to shut my system down anyhow (SSDs are making the system so incredible fast, I don't mind booting fully))
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-07-03, 05:07)aptalca Wrote:
(2012-06-28, 14:17)Beer40oz Wrote: Rosewill RRC-126 This one has it all!!!!

$14.99 till JULY 4th....

Promo EMCNDHB73

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...101002-L0H

Thanks a lot Beer, ordered one Wink

No prob.... me too! for a friend who uses XBMC and his A6 Laptop.... Big Grin

BTW! I tried my own dongle on his Toshiba Laptop and the TURN on off from total state off will not work.... because in his bios there is no option for it.... Sad

Oh well he still like the small dongle so he can use the remote on the couch and his tv.
(2012-07-03, 16:39)HenryFord Wrote: Which board do you have?
Changes in software-setup shouldn't affect this directly because this is all low-level, software shouldn't be able to touch this in any circumstance since this is all hardware-based.
Wiping wouldn't yield any measurable changes for you.... the problems seems to lie within your BIOS-(or more likely: UEFI-)configuration. That should be the culprit because everything happens there...

What settings did you exactly setup in your BIOS?

By the way:
I am using the Asrock 970 Extreme 4 ( http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970%20Extreme4/ ) - and it all works flawless for me. My PC can be turned on via my remote, my keyboard and WOL (only thing bugging me is that sleep actually isn't working at all - when I turn to sleep-mode, my PC just goes ahead and wakes itself up again; Nothing I can do about that (yes, I tried with everything disconnected Wink ) and hibernation is a really, really strange thing - when I turn to hibernation, I cannot turn my system back on after it went off; I can do whatever I want - pressing something on the keyboard or remote, sending WOL packages, pressing the power-button in the case: This system just stays powered off. Only solution is to switch off the power-supply and switch it back on, then the systems boot up (from hibernation, by the way); I just don't care overly much because I tend to shut my system down anyhow (SSDs are making the system so incredible fast, I don't mind booting fully))
the only thing I did in BIOS is turned on the wake PS2. Everything else stayed the same. It's really boggling...I will try connected to a rear port once I get home and see how that goes.
Just a quick note - the receiver spare part discussed is a Formosa IR065/a - or just referred to as IR605 - and is actually available with quite a few remotes (this might be useful for people in other countries looking for this remote as newegg won't ship OS).

E.g. some Aussie options - http://www.shopbot.com.au/m/?m=IR605

There are usually some kits with this receiver to be found on ebay as well...

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-07-03, 17:38)KraziJoe Wrote: the only thing I did in BIOS is turned on the wake PS2. Everything else stayed the same. It's really boggling...I will try connected to a rear port once I get home and see how that goes.
And? Any news? Do you still need help - I could give you my exact BIOS-Settings, if you need them.
Which board do you have now exactly? Maybe that helps nailing the problem.

(2012-07-09, 19:16)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 17:38)KraziJoe Wrote: the only thing I did in BIOS is turned on the wake PS2. Everything else stayed the same. It's really boggling...I will try connected to a rear port once I get home and see how that goes.
And? Any news? Do you still need help - I could give you my exact BIOS-Settings, if you need them.
Which board do you have now exactly? Maybe that helps nailing the problem.

Same thing. Will not turn on via remote. Keyboard will wake it up.

My Board is A75M-ITX

I have moved it to a different USB port on the back. Everything works except waking from Lan or turning it on.
Moved it back to a front one, same issue.
Switched it with the port the keyboard was using.

Checked the Device Manager and made sure it said to allow that device to wake up from sleep.

Checked a few things and still nothing.

I noticed there is a Receiver driver for the MB. I am going to install that one and see if that fixes it...
(2012-07-09, 20:22)KraziJoe Wrote: I noticed there is a Receiver driver for the MB. I am going to install that one and see if that fixes it...
That is likely for the CIR device, you could use it, but you need a special reciver for that (the one from Asus for example). But that would work 100% of the time for sure.

Are you on the latest firmware for your board?

Here are the settings I have setup, as said: Works well:
PS/2 Keyboard Power On - disabled
Ring-In Power On - enabled
RTC Alarm Power On - By OS
USB Phy Power On - Disabled
USB Keyboard/Remote Power On - Enabled (yup - it actually reads "Remote Power On")
USB Mouse Power On - Enabled
ACPI HPET Table - Enabled

Yeah, they are all the same. My Rosewill will wake it up but my Harmony one will not. Even learned the commands to turn it on. But does not work. Trying a few different things now.
Anyway to open the dongle up and plug it directly into one of the usb headers? I don't have USB on the front of my case and would love for it to be inside the case itself. I assume that would involve some soldering. Seems to be the cheapest and best solution I have been able to find. Great find!
(2012-07-14, 16:49)FNwoz Wrote: Anyway to open the dongle up and plug it directly into one of the usb headers? I don't have USB on the front of my case and would love for it to be inside the case itself. I assume that would involve some soldering. Seems to be the cheapest and best solution I have been able to find. Great find!

Get a USB header... why stress out.... and I hope there is a good signal.

Only way to find out is to try.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6812200294

Good call beer. I have to assume that it would work well enough as long as you take it out of its casing. I should have my htpc setup within a few weeks. I will post back if it works well.
(2012-07-14, 18:52)FNwoz Wrote: Good call beer. I have to assume that it would work well enough as long as you take it out of its casing. I should have my htpc setup within a few weeks. I will post back if it works well.

The dongle also works on the rear of the case.... you just have to aim at the case.
But if you buy the whole Rosewill remote it does come with an extension if you wan't to use that on the rear of the case.
(2012-07-14, 16:49)FNwoz Wrote: Anyway to open the dongle up and plug it directly into one of the usb headers? I don't have USB on the front of my case and would love for it to be inside the case itself. I assume that would involve some soldering. Seems to be the cheapest and best solution I have been able to find. Great find!

It's IR which is line of sight. I doubt it would work very well in the case unless you have the receiver peaking out the front somewhere

If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote Turn ON HTPC FOUND! w/DONGLE in front of your CASE!4