• 8(current)
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
And a "teaser" of how the next version will look like Smile

(2017-03-24, 09:22)DaLanik Wrote: v1.7
- Better debugging
- Code cleanup

Got errors on the install of 1.7 (see kodi log below). Also, the repo hasn't been updating the new versions in a couple of weeks. I have to uninstall both the addon and the repo then reinstall to get it, weird.

05:25:52.703 T:367120010752 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>

Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.kcleaner/service.py", line 134, in <module>

date_auto_lastrun = int(auto_lastrun)

ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

-->End of Python script error report<--
For the time being, try adding the row:

<setting id="auto_lastrun" value="1490189614" />

to the settings.xml in "Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.kcleaner", I will fix it in next version

D.
(2017-03-24, 14:44)DaLanik Wrote: For the time being, try adding the row:

<setting id="auto_lastrun" value="1490189614" />

to the settings.xml in "Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.kcleaner", I will fix it in next version

D.

That fixed it, thanks!
(2017-03-23, 12:10)msnow Wrote: Because I think they get added to the textures db as they are added to the thumbnail folders and with your suggested sequencing the thumbs would be deleted from the system but would still be reflected in the db. Let's leave it to @DaLanik to figure it out.

(2017-03-23, 16:42)DaLanik Wrote: Yes, I think that is correct, so the proper way would be to delete all thumbs and then clean the textures database.

OK, I think I misunderstood the way it works.
So what happens is:
Clean Thumbnails (with Delete only thumbs not in database enabled): Check thumb if has a corresponding item (library item, add-on etc). If not, delete.
Clean textures DB: Check every Textures##.db entry if has a corresponding thumb in Thumbnails folder. If not, delete entry.

If that's the case, the sequence should be:
[1]Clean Thumbnails
[2]Clean textures DB
in both cases (Delete only thumbs not in database enabled or not).

Am I correct? If yes, IMO the sequence should be mentioned somehow, for better cleaning.
I think yes Smile
(2017-03-24, 14:32)msnow Wrote: Also, the repo hasn't been updating the new versions in a couple of weeks. I have to uninstall both the addon and the repo then reinstall to get it, weird.

This is really strange - I know that sometimes when I change the version it makes problems - i.e. Kodi checks for new addons and has them in "updates" and in the meantime I upload new version. You go to install update (let's say v.1.5) and click "update" but it can't find it, since I already updated to 1.6 and removed 1.5. But that is easily solvable by running manualy "check for addon updates"....
(2017-03-24, 19:19)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 14:32)msnow Wrote: Also, the repo hasn't been updating the new versions in a couple of weeks. I have to uninstall both the addon and the repo then reinstall to get it, weird.

This is really strange - I know that sometimes when I change the version it makes problems - i.e. Kodi checks for new addons and has them in "updates" and in the meantime I upload new version. You go to install update (let's say v.1.5) and click "update" but it can't find it, since I already updated to 1.6 and removed 1.5. But that is easily solvable by running manualy "check for addon updates"....

For me "Check for updates" just gives me the same version. Also, 1.7 doesn't seem to be removing the zip packages. I only tried it using the combo clean & compact command but I had to go in there and delete them manually, about 200 megs worth.
I suppose you don't have set "keep last X packages" ?
(2017-03-24, 20:34)DaLanik Wrote: I suppose you don't have set "keep last X packages" ?

Nope (I did check that).
(2017-03-24, 20:34)DaLanik Wrote: I suppose you don't have set "keep last X packages" ?

I did some testing and the thumbs, packages and addons work if you run them separately but not if you run them as a combo command. Not sure about the compact db command because I didn't test that. Hope that helps.
Yes, you're right it works standalone and with clean all but not in combo with DB compact Smile Will take a look.
I use clean thumbs,packages,and addons. This empties all the thumbnail files but doesn't remove thumbnails being used in addons

I don't know what all the other functions do, so is it safe to use them all without removing anything useful? It sure helps free up memory.
What do you mean thumbs used in addons? Where are they stored?

It only deletes cache/temp files, it all will/can be downloaded again if deleted. Compacting DB doesn't delete anything, just removes empty space.
(2017-03-24, 23:42)rocko Wrote: I use clean thumbs,packages,and addons. This empties all the thumbnail files but doesn't remove thumbnails being used in addons

I don't know what all the other functions do, so is it safe to use them all without removing anything useful? It sure helps free up memory.

Backup regularly until you have the settings dialed in and you're comfortable.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)2