• 8(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-03-25, 00:50)Variable! Wrote: Firstly let me add my thanks for reviving this skin and making it useful again.  Secondly, I want to let you know that while running the 3.0.10 version from github.com/spudstuff, I tried to update it to your newest version from git on two Windows 7 machines, one running Leia 18.0, and the other one running Leia 18.1.  The update worked perfectly on the 18.0 machine, but it crashes whenever I try to install the update on the 18.1 machine, not sure why.

@Variable! Sorry I had not answered this message.  Were you able to solve it? I only use Kodi on Windows 10, and I am using always the latest nightly (which I guess is Leia 18.2).  The skin works fine on both of my Windows 10 machines.  Perhaps try removing the skin completely and re-installing? if you do that, even though you'll lose any previous configuration of the skin, do not forget to also remove the skin folder from the \userdata\addon_data folder.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-26, 15:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-26, 09:37)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 16:18)bsoriano Wrote: @DarrenHill, added on Git.  Please test and let me know if there are any issues.  Thanks.

All looking good to me.

In list view there's a slightly odd jump when you initially scroll down from the top ".." item down to stuff in the list (the image/image placeholder jumps left to make space for the info in the middle) which I don't recall before, but it's just an observation rather than anything I think needs any work or fixing.

All in all top job.  
Thanks! Yes, the odd jump is there as it changes from no content to movies, etc.  I will see if I can make that disappear.

Regards,

Bart 

@DarrenHill , could you please try the latest from Git? I think I got rid of that weird jump.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The Next Airing episodes seems to work but unfortunately it still isn't correct. I have attached an image to show you what it's displaying on my system. As with my previous post, you can see the 5 TV Show episodes airing today. In the following screenshot, it appears to be displaying episodes that have already aired.

Also, that issue with the text went away after I rebooted

UPDATE: Don't touch anything just yet. It just updated and is displaying the correct info now. Hmm...weird.

Shedrock
(2019-03-28, 22:43)shedrock Wrote: The Next Airing episodes seems to work but unfortunately it still isn't correct. I have attached an image to show you what it's displaying on my system. As with my previous post, you can see the 5 TV Show episodes airing today. In the following screenshot, it appears to be displaying episodes that have already aired.

UPDATE: Don't touch anything just yet. It just updated and is displaying the correct info now. Hmm...weird.

Shedrock
I will wait until you can do further testing.  Unfortunately, I cannot access the image you attached, it gives a not found error.

The message issue must have been a timing issue of  when you initially downloaded from GitHub.  I forgot to update all of the other English variants in my initial commit, and did so a few minutes later.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano I noticed the low list view has a recently introduced problem where the item highlight colour is incorrect (it's the dimmed highlight colour you see when you are selecting the jump bar or side menu).

You can see it here in the addon browser, but I've also seen it in movies, tv shows etc. List and other views are OK, but low list has this behaviour.

If you watch closely when switching items in low list you'll see it picks the correct colour for the item briefly then changes it to the dimmed yellow. This only happens the first time you select each item.

Cheers.

(2019-03-28, 23:04)spudstuff Wrote: @bsoriano I noticed the low list view has a recently introduced problem where the item highlight colour is incorrect (it's the dimmed highlight colour you see when you are selecting the jump bar or side menu).

You can see it here in the addon browser, but I've also seen it in movies, tv shows etc. List and other views are OK, but low list has this behaviour.

If you watch closely when switching items in low list you'll see it picks the correct colour for the item briefly then changes it to the dimmed yellow. This only happens the first time you select each item.

Cheers.

Thanks @spudstuff , I will look into this right away.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-28, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 22:43)shedrock Wrote: The Next Airing episodes seems to work but unfortunately it still isn't correct. I have attached an image to show you what it's displaying on my system. As with my previous post, you can see the 5 TV Show episodes airing today. In the following screenshot, it appears to be displaying episodes that have already aired.

Shedrock
I will wait until you can do further testing.  Unfortunately, I cannot access the image you attached, it gives a not found error.

The message issue must have been a timing issue of  when you initially downloaded from GitHub.  I forgot to update all of the other English variants in my initial commit, and did so a few minutes later.

Regards,

Bart 

It seems to be working great now. I have a minor issue where it is listing a TV Show episode called "Hanna" that is actually airing tomorrow, but for some reason it is listing it as today. Maybe it has something with the Timezone on Next Aired TV Shows. I've never had that issue before, but it is not your skin because all my other skins do the same thing.

Thanks for all the hard work. I will keep checking it throughout the evening just to make sure it does indeed work 100%, but it seems fine.

Regards,

Shedrock
(2019-03-28, 23:04)spudstuff Wrote: @bsoriano I noticed the low list view has a recently introduced problem where the item highlight colour is incorrect (it's the dimmed highlight colour you see when you are selecting the jump bar or side menu).

Cheers.

@spudstuff , fixed on Git.  Please test and let me know if you find any other issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-28, 23:52)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote:

Shedrock

Regards,

Bart   

It seems to be working great now. I have a minor issue where it is listing a TV Show episode called "Hanna" that is actually airing tomorrow, but for some reason it is listing it as today. Maybe it has something with the Timezone on Next Aired TV Shows. I've never had that issue before, but it is not your skin because all my other skins do the same thing.

Thanks for all the hard work. I will keep checking it throughout the evening just to make sure it does indeed work 100%, but it seems fine.

Regards,

Shedrock  
@shedrock , I have the same issue with the same show.  I think it is the TVDB module that is bringing the incorrect info on that show.  Again, thank you for your feedback.  I will make a post a little later in the thread about the new functionality, with its caveats in terms of best performance. 

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-29, 00:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 23:52)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: I will wait until you can do further testing.  Unfortunately, I cannot access the image you attached, it gives a not found error.

Regards,

Bart  

Regards,

Shedrock  
@shedrock , I have the same issue with the same show.  I think it is the TVDB module that is bringing the incorrect info on that show.  Again, thank you for your feedback.  I will make a post a little later in the thread about the new functionality, with its caveats in terms of best performance.  The only thing missing now is having the option turned off by default, so that only those that want it install the skin.helper.service.widgets addon, instead of having it as a dependency.

Regards,

Bart 

"The only thing missing now is having the option turned off by default" - Yes, I am sure some users may want the option to switch it off. I cannot imagine using any skin without it though, but that's just me. Big Grin

I also hope at some point you will consider adding the option for the focused view on the home screen. Anyway, thanks again for all your effort and hard work on this skin. I shall continue to use it. Nod

Shedrock
(2019-03-29, 00:18)shedrock Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 00:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-03-28, 23:52)shedrock Wrote: It seems to be working great now. I have a minor issue where it is listing a TV Show episode called "Hanna" that is actually airing tomorrow, but for some reason it is listing it as today. Maybe it has something with the Timezone on Next Aired TV Shows. I've never had that issue before, but it is not your skin because all my other skins do the same thing.

Regards,

Shedrock  
@shedrock , I have the same issue with the same show.  I think it is the TVDB module that is bringing the incorrect info on that show.  Again, thank you for your feedback.  I will make a post a little later in the thread about the new functionality, with its caveats in terms of best performance.  The only thing missing now is having the option turned off by default, so that only those that want it install the skin.helper.service.widgets addon, instead of having it as a dependency.

Regards,

Bart  

"The only thing missing now is having the option turned off by default" - Yes, I am sure some users may want the option to switch it off. I cannot imagine using any skin without it though, but that's just me. Big Grin

I also hope at some point you will consider adding the option for the focused view on the home screen. Anyway, thanks again for all your effort and hard work on this skin. I shall continue to use it. Nod

Shedrock 
@shedrock , I agree with you, I missed that option as well in other skins.  I decided to leave it as is, since if you don't have the addon, the skin prompts you to install it when it starts.

I have looked at how to add the functionality of being able to choose on which option the skin starts.  It requires a fair bit of coding (for me), so I have put it off until i finish the smaller items on my To-Do list.   

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-29, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , fixed on Git.  Please test and let me know if you find any other issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

You're a star mate, that is now fixed. I'm sure skinning the global search is on your to-do list, just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers.
Hello all,

New version of the skin on GitHub.  Please download and test it.

The main new feature is a Next Airing Episodes shelf item for TV Shows.  It shows the episode(s) of the shows in your library that are airing today.  Some notes on this:

1. This feature uses the script.skin.helper.widgets addon.  If you don't have this installed, when you update the skin to the new version, the skin will prompt you to install the addon.  Please use the Kodi repo version of the addon, not the one from MarcelVeldt's beta repo.  Using the Kodi repo version will result in the best performance and accuracy in the episodes shown.  If you have another version of the addon installed, please go to the addon, press I, choose Update and select the Kodi repo version.  Also turn off Auto-update.
  2. Using the Kodi repo version also applies to script.module.thetvdb and script.module.metadatautils.  If you have other versions of these addons installed, please go to the addon, press I and choose Update, and select the Kodi repo version.  Auto-update should be turned off for these, if not, turn it off.
  3. In Amber Settings, there is a new option where you can decide to Hide the Next Airing Episodes shelf.  You will find it in Home Shelf, then move to Hide TV Show Shelf, and on the right, you will see the new option.  Even if you decide not to show this shelf item, the addon script.skin.helper.widgets will remain installed and required.

Please test and let me know of any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-29, 00:42)spudstuff Wrote:
(2019-03-29, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , fixed on Git.  Please test and let me know if you find any other issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

You're a star mate, that is now fixed. I'm sure skinning the global search is on your to-do list, just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers. 
@spudstuff , thanks! Yes, my next two priorities are Up Next and GlobalSearch. Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2019-03-29, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: @spudstuff , thanks! Yes, my next two priorities are Up Next and GlobalSearch. Smile

Regards,

Bart 

Sweet mate. Looks like you're using tabs in your editor, the existing skin uses 2 spaces it looks like. No big deal, just clean code  Smile
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5