• 8(current)
SAMBA-Server built-into XBMC (share SMB/CIFS from Xbox)
Sad 
every search i do on this one is about setting up the xbox to use shared folders from your pc, but what i actually want is to share the xbox's c/d/e/f/g drive to my pc so i can access my stored cd collection on the xbox on every pc on my network.
is it possible to set up shares from the xbox's drives?

thanks,

/grit
n o
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

because of xbmc i'm using my xbox mainly as a media machine, and because of it i also copy all my media files to the xbox (like television shows and movies).

sometimes i would like to watch these shows on my pc and was wondering what my best option would be and how would i do this?

can i treat my xbox folders as shares that will allowing me to access them directly from windows xp? or am i stuck having to ftp the data over first?

any help on this issue would greatly be appreciated.
thnx!
(astrophong @ sep. 22 2005,05:24 Wrote:can i treat my xbox folders as shares that will allowing me to access them directly from windows xp?
no! ...now search before you post in the future!, how many times do you think that question have already been asked (retorical question so don't bother answering)? Stare
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
is there anyway to stream video from xbox to pc?
no there isn't.

..but you can stream xbox to xbox via ftp.

*hides*
the best solution right now is to buy a xenium and setup the smb server on that.  and when you need to access files via smb just boot it to the chip instead of xbmc. (i have the eject button booting the chip and the power button booting xbmc, it's an easy setup)  that's what i do right now.  still hoping for the smb server in xbmc though.

(and no, i don't think they can port it, their focus is cromwell based legal oss, i don't think they'd even know how to port it to xmbcs xdk code.)

die hard xbmc and xenium user.

thx herald -will do as i have a xenium
i would like to see smb service on the xbox, not the current client as it is. a simple 1 client smb server, perhaps remove the http control server.

if it's not possible could someone explain why? Smile
i also love to have samba server on the xbmc....someone please explain why this can't be done??
hi,
i took a look in the manual, but all i found was a description how to load my files from my local pc to xbox.
i need it the other way around. i have a xbox with a big hdd and a laptop. is there any way to use xbmc as a file server in the network? if not is there a plugin or something which could support me with that functionality?

thanks

andreas
its not available yet but its something ive been working on
i would recommend using linux. it is easier than it sounds, x-dsl loopback install is very easy and can be started by a simple xbe...
when do you like to have the first alpha?
i would be the first to test! :-)
linux is an alternative, i will test it , but right now i'm very happy with xbmc which is a great piece of software!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SAMBA-Server built-into XBMC (share SMB/CIFS from Xbox)0