• 9(current)
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC
(2013-02-19, 13:35)ch4zyx Wrote: Same thing for me. I ordered on 7 February and since then I have not heard from them.

For now my order is still "your order has not been processed."

I contacted them through their "contact" page, but no response ...

For the unboxing on YouTube, this is the DVD version and not the version of XBMC. Because when you look at the second video is a 500GB hard drive (instead of 1TB) and 4GB ram (instead of 2GB). And he did not have a remote in the box.

The same for me. I ordered on Feb, 10th and no news from them since.
Also contacted them through their contact page and in reply to their order but no answer.
Only the payment worked....
Did you receive any news in the meantime ?

Regards.
(2013-02-21, 23:08)solamnic Wrote: Proccessor - VGA - Motherboard ... all in one... nothing can be upgraded...

if you want an upgraded version you have to look for something else Smile
Solamnic, i'm wondering if we can keep the barebone and then update the components inside (cpu, motherboard..)
I got mine now and installed OpenElec on it. A few questions:

I can't download any add-ons like new scrapers, is this normal? I'm doubting that the internet connection is working as it writes "Connected to Internet, but no DNS". I set the DNS to 8.8.8.8. and everything works fine internally, eg. it can reach my server and I can connect to it via SMB and SSH.
hold down menu and force refresh, had the same issue
(2013-02-22, 11:35)aminemed Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 23:08)solamnic Wrote: Proccessor - VGA - Motherboard ... all in one... nothing can be upgraded...

if you want an upgraded version you have to look for something else Smile
Solamnic, i'm wondering if we can keep the barebone and then update the components inside (cpu, motherboard..)

nop Smile

(and if you could do it - it wouldnt worth the trouble and the cost)
(2013-02-21, 23:00)aminemed Wrote: Do you know if the cpu of this htpc can be upgraded?? (Maybe new motherboard + cpu that might work with the ATI Radeon)

It's likely that the CPU + GPU will be soldered permanently to the motherboard, and that the motherboard will not be a standard form-factor. Upgrading individual components or replacing the motherboard are not likely to be options. That's the trade-off you make when you buy a box like this.
for $129 or 99 euros... can someone ask for more? Smile
i've already ordered it 3 days ago, but the one with the dvd @ 135€ (deliverey included)

the 99€ model was not available (and until now, it's not available anymore)

i'm waiting for it to be delivered..
(2013-02-22, 18:02)aminemed Wrote: i'm waiting for it to be delivered..

So say we all Smile
(2013-02-22, 11:28)whereis Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 13:35)ch4zyx Wrote: Same thing for me. I ordered on 7 February and since then I have not heard from them.

For now my order is still "your order has not been processed."

I contacted them through their "contact" page, but no response ...

For the unboxing on YouTube, this is the DVD version and not the version of XBMC. Because when you look at the second video is a 500GB hard drive (instead of 1TB) and 4GB ram (instead of 2GB). And he did not have a remote in the box.

The same for me. I ordered on Feb, 10th and no news from them since.
Also contacted them through their contact page and in reply to their order but no answer.
Only the payment worked....
Did you receive any news in the meantime ?

Regards.
No, I have not heard from them.
But I still hope, because it seems that some have received their orders from a few days (just read the comments before).
In addition, openelec RC3 for Arctic MC001 is available, so I guess that Arctic will include in its products and decide to finally delivering clients.

PS: Sorry for bad English, I speak only French (but I read English perfectly), so this is a google translation lol
I suppose you ordered the one at 194€ on their website too (with so-called "special shipping methods" - no more details...).

PS. Again the same for me... Frenglish :-).
just to let you know, ordered mine on thursday, received it this morning
Hi Aminemed, did you order on the Arctic site or on the Amazon site ?

To Ch4zyx : still no news from Arctic ?

Does anybody know what "special shipping method" means ?

Regards.
amazon
(2013-02-25, 11:14)whereis Wrote: Hi Aminemed, did you order on the Arctic site or on the Amazon site ?

To Ch4zyx : still no news from Arctic ?

Does anybody know what "special shipping method" means ?

Regards.
I finally got news from them by email this morning

Quote:Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, our Webshop has received so many orders and enquiries after the Chinese new year holidays (11th – 13th Feb.) for this item and we need a lot of time to process them. Your order is still pending for processing due to the high volume of orders we received, but we will ship base on a first come first serve policy, please allow a week or two for the shipment. Please accept our apology for the delay.

Best regards
Arctic-Cooling Webshop
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ARCTIC MC001 Fanless low cost HTPC5