• 9(current)
Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions
I'd like to order one to but can't find a site that ships to the netherlands does anyone know a address
Could someone also confirm If it comes with a vesa mount? wasnt sure if thats just with the top of the range?
(2013-04-09, 20:38)syphermode Wrote: Could someone also confirm If it comes with a vesa mount? wasnt sure if thats just with the top of the range?

It does Smile
Thank you mate looking forward to getting it Big Grin
(2013-04-09, 22:52)syphermode Wrote: Thank you mate looking forward to getting it Big Grin

Me too, although dont know what ebuyer are doing...was meant to be in stock today but still only pre-orders, no update on my order and they didnt answer my e-Note. Hopefully they ship in time for the weekend
(2013-04-09, 17:16)JesusOnEez Wrote: I turned hardware decoding off on mine as I had a few heavy 1080p files that exhibited block artifacts. These disappeared when I turned hardware decoding off and everything has been running fine ever since. So yes, on mine it's running everything (SAB and so on) with software decoding all at the same time with no problems, and a NAS is just a fancy exteranl hard drive at the end of the day, so post-processing to a USB 3 drive should give the same results.

Awesome thank you, just picked the base 500GB model up for 250 bones from lenovo's site with that coupon code that was floating around. I have to say if this performs as well for me as it has for others here this is an absolute STEAL at that price.
If you wanted Windows the Revo would probably have been the better bet.

Actually...

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1&sort...tAodET4A-Q

Hmmm...

Worth noting if you're comparing the Acer Revo models and Q190 models that the Q190 comes with a (wired) keyboard and mouse (you have to go for higher end Revo to get wireless keyboard and mouse included otherwise it's just the PC itself) and I believe the build quality to be better on the Lenovo...I think the Revo looks a little plasticky but from first hand experience the Lenovo is a solid feeling piece of kit, well engineered, and that's probably where the extra expense is coming from over the Revo. At the end of the day though, they have the same innards apart from HDD sizes so it's down to personal taste. I for one am glad that I got the Lenovo instead of waiting for the Revo to become available again despite the higher outlay, so really it's down to your aesthetic preference which one you go for.
(2013-04-10, 10:15)JesusOnEez Wrote: If you wanted Windows the Revo would probably have been the better bet.

Actually...

Hmmm...

Worth noting if you're comparing the Acer Revo models and Q190 models that the Q190 comes with a (wired) keyboard and mouse (you have to go for higher end Revo to get wireless keyboard and mouse included otherwise it's just the PC itself) and I believe the build quality to be better on the Lenovo...I think the Revo looks a little plasticky but from first hand experience the Lenovo is a solid feeling piece of kit, well engineered, and that's probably where the extra expense is coming from over the Revo. At the end of the day though, they have the same innards apart from HDD sizes so it's down to personal taste. I for one am glad that I got the Lenovo instead of waiting for the Revo to become available again despite the higher outlay, so really it's down to your aesthetic preference which one you go for.

The Revo L80 has issues with Linux as well AIUI - though http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t...st12580631 suggests that they have been resolved with at least one custom kernel build.
Another note (sorry, I ramble about this as I love the thing), I've been running Confluence and decided to try Aeon Nox last night which I believe is a pretty heavy skin. I turned on all the fancy effect and so on and it looks and performs extremely well, nice and fluid.

Gone back to Confluence though as I thought Aeon Nox was overkill and I think Confluence is 'cleaner' but for those Aeon fans, at least you know it works nicely on the Q190 Celeron.
(2013-04-10, 10:24)JesusOnEez Wrote: Another note (sorry, I ramble about this as I love the thing), I've been running Confluence and decided to try Aeon Nox last night which I believe is a pretty heavy skin. I turned on all the fancy effect and so on and it looks and performs extremely well, nice and fluid.

Gone back to Confluence though as I thought Aeon Nox was overkill and I think Confluence is 'cleaner' but for those Aeon fans, at least you know it works nicely on the Q190 Celeron.

I have noticed that it slows down over time and XBMC needs to be restarted to keep Aeon Nox fluid. It doesn't affect playback of files, but the UI can get a bit choppy after a week or so.
(2013-04-10, 10:15)JesusOnEez Wrote: If you wanted Windows the Revo would probably have been the better bet.

Actually...

Hmmm...

I'm confused, was that top sentence supposed to be a quote from someone else? You have windows 8 on your q190 and seem to like it, so why would your recommend the Revo? The cheapest box on that site with windows is £229 ($350), which is $100 more than I paid. I realize it has a bigger drive and DVD writer but those are two things I do not need, so why wouldn't I go with the cheaper box, especially considering the apparent higher build quality?
(2013-04-10, 15:28)xomnia Wrote:

Actually...

Hmmm...

I'm confused, was that top sentence supposed to be a quote from someone else? You have windows 8 on your q190 and seem to like it, so why would your recommend the Revo? The cheapest box on that site with windows is £229 ($350), which is $100 more than I paid. I realize it has a bigger drive and DVD writer but those are two things I do not need, so why wouldn't I go with the cheaper box, especially considering the apparent higher build quality?

In the UK the Revo is £229 and the Q190 is £249, for the Windows versions.
ahhhh well that explains it. I guess I should have specified more than "bones" haha, it was 250 USD that I paid, so about 160 GBP.
Holy crap we get screwed over here! Nothing new there though...
Lads can I pick your brains and ask you how you have setup your Q190 for XMBC.

I have just got the i3 version and have a few questions:

1.) Was going to install the Win version of XBMC and have Win8 boot straight into XBMC ...is this best?

2.)Was going to purchase the new Harmony Touch remote for my home setup, I have received a Lenova N502 multimedia remote with my Q190 (which im selling if you are interested) but my question is how I could get the Harmony to work with the Q190?

3.)Are any of you guys using the likes of Icefilms and 1Channel add-ons in XBMC and how is the Q190 doing with streaming a HD content directly from the Internet?

4.)Was also going to run my Q190 through my Onyko tx-nr515 ...anyone doing similar and hows it performing?

ta in advance

yours cordially.
mahockey.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Q190 - Test results & 2 questions3