• 9(current)
[CLOSED] OneDrive (SkyDrive) Video/Music add-on for XBMC / Kodi
The addon is working like it should!! many thanks

Still waiting on the possibilty to see my photo's Smile
(2015-07-23, 22:18)Sjellema Wrote: The addon is working like it should!! many thanks

Still waiting on the possibilty to see my photo's Smile

Oh, I didn't realize I didn't move over the newer features yet (.srt, pictures, etc).

I'll cleanup some of the caching changes/suggestions before migrating it.
Ehm, stupid question... any way to import onedrive folders from the plugin into the library?
(2015-07-25, 20:30)wientanz Wrote: Ehm, stupid question... any way to import onedrive folders from the plugin into the library?

Not sure if I'm clear on the question... you want to import your media content from OneDrive so it is playable in KODI?

In the plugin, on any folder, right-click and "save STRM". It'll create .strm files that you can import into KODI library. When you access the media from your KODI library, it plays it back via the OneDrive plugin.
ah! so that's what the strm files are for!
Is there any plans to implement auto strm generation on a schedule or does it automatically do this already?

Also wondering if there is anyway to exclude certain file types from creating strm files. I have a bunch of image files and nfo files with my movie folders which creates a lot of duplicates in Kodi movie database.

Excellent addon, love the direction its going in.
(2015-08-04, 03:30)ps851112 Wrote: Is there any plans to implement auto strm generation on a schedule or does it automatically do this already?

Also wondering if there is anyway to exclude certain file types from creating strm files. I have a bunch of image files and nfo files with my movie folders which creates a lot of duplicates in Kodi movie database.

I have a fix I'm testing for the Google Drive plugin that addresses the issue with the junk STRM files. Once I'm happy with the test, I'll add it here as well.

You can invoke the build STRM from a .strm file, and perhaps there are schedulers for KODI that can invoke these automatically?
(2015-08-04, 04:25)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 03:30)ps851112 Wrote: Is there any plans to implement auto strm generation on a schedule or does it automatically do this already?

I have a fix I'm testing for the Google Drive plugin that addresses the issue with the junk STRM files. Once I'm happy with the test, I'll add it here as well.

You can invoke the build STRM from a .strm file, and perhaps there are schedulers for KODI that can invoke these automatically?

Im not sure I understand what you mean by "You can invoke the build STRM from a .strm file". So are you saying I can manually create a .strm file that tells the onedrive addon to perform a strm generation?
I have used schedulers to perform library cleanups automatically based on a cron expression, I just wouldnt know what command or setting to invoke in order to have the onedrive addon do the strm generation.
(2015-08-04, 22:42)ps851112 Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 04:25)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Im not sure I understand what you mean by "You can invoke the build STRM from a .strm file". So are you saying I can manually create a .strm file that tells the onedrive addon to perform a strm generation?
I have used schedulers to perform library cleanups automatically based on a cron expression, I just wouldnt know what command or setting to invoke in order to have the onedrive addon do the strm generation.

I provide an API that allows other plugins to connect to invoke actions.

The API to generate STRM files is as follows:

plugin://plugin.video.onedrive-testing/?mode=buildstrm&username=YOURUSERNAME&folder=982...!21...&title=CAMERA_ROLL&silent=1

Note the -testing is assuming you are using the testing branch of the plugin (onedrive-testing).

If you place something similar in a .strm file, when invoked, it will generate your .strm files. It will generate an error because KODI will try to playback it and it isn't a playback file. Someday I'll handle it so it quits without an error.

Key points are:
username is your username as defined in the accounts settings screen

The folder ID will resemble an alphanumeric part followed by a !, follwed by a number. The first part is your user ID and part following is a sequential number ID representing that file or folder in your account. How do you get this, you can get it from a sharable link (if you share your folder, get link, the folder ID is shown). An easier way is by using my plugin. Navigate to the folder you want to generate STRM files for, and right-click, and add to favourites. In your favourites.xml file, a link to the directory is stored. That link will have your folder id (folder=). Use this.

The title is your folder name, but you can name it whatever you want. Your STRM files will be created in a folder of this name.

If you want to create STRM files for your entire account, knock it down to just plugin://plugin.video.onedrive-testing/?mode=buildstrm&username=YOURUSERNAME This will create a folder named YOURUSERNAME and under it will be all your STRM files for all folders on your account.

The silent=1 is supposed to suppress the OK. I noticed it didn't when I just tested (my bad), so I am pushing out a new -testing release in a minute that deals with that.

Those who are more adventurous, I can provide a separate python file that could be scheduled on a crontab that builds STRM files outside of KODI altogether.
New release 0.3.9 -- fix silent flag in buildstrm

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.3.9.zip
Hey there. Tried to save STRMs with the most recent testing version. Got an error. Checked the log and here's what it said:

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.onedrive-testing\default.py", line 383, in <module>
silent = int(getParameter('silent', getSetting('strm_silent',0)))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-08-07, 01:56)deceptijon Wrote: Hey there. Tried to save STRMs with the most recent testing version. Got an error. Checked the log and here's what it said:

File "C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.onedrive-testing\default.py", line 383, in <module>

Fixed:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.3.10.zip
(2015-08-07, 05:45)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 01:56)deceptijon Wrote: Hey there. Tried to save STRMs with the most recent testing version. Got an error. Checked the log and here's what it said:

Fixed:

Awesome! Works great now! My only question now would be whether or not it's possible to make the STRM files exclude the original file format (i.e. MKV, MP4, M4V, etc.). For me, having those in the STRM filename messed with Kodi's ability to import and scrape the file into the library.

Other than that tiny nitpick, this plugin is amazing. Thanks!
(2015-08-07, 07:43)deceptijon Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 05:45)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Fixed:

Awesome! Works great now! My only question now would be whether or not it's possible to make the STRM files exclude the original file format (i.e. MKV, MP4, M4V, etc.). For me, having those in the STRM filename messed with Kodi's ability to import and scrape the file into the library.

I've never seen the file extension matter when importing. Earlier versions were more picky about directory layout (having TV Series in a Season X format, which was addressed with the Movie and TV parameters in the plugin, but newer KODI doesn't have this issue). I'll look at providing the option to strip the extension.
(2015-08-07, 15:57)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 07:43)deceptijon Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 05:45)dmdsoftware Wrote: Fixed:

I've never seen the file extension matter when importing. Earlier versions were more picky about directory layout (having TV Series in a Season X format, which was addressed with the Movie and TV parameters in the plugin, but newer KODI doesn't have this issue). I'll look at providing the option to strip the extension.

Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something I'm doing wrong on my end. But might be worth looking into if anyone else encounters the same problem.

Unrelated and (possibly) dumb question: How does this plugin work with music? I've moved on to my music collection after getting the movies sorted out and I know you can access and play your music collection through the plugin, but I can't seem to figure out how to add my music folder on OneDrive as an actual source in Kodi (so it can scrape artist/album info). Is this possible in the plugin's current state?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] OneDrive (SkyDrive) Video/Music add-on for XBMC / Kodi2