• 9(current)
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on
(2015-01-12, 21:48)mrdally204 Wrote: learningit, DIY might be using wmv but I have not had any issues playing videos with it. Its not as pretty or efficient as 264 video but it works (and it's better than not having the shows). Your old add on is still installed when I updated to Helix and it still finds all shows. I'm not sure what would need updated but it seems like it might be minor in nature.
I have never had a DIY channel addon, I think divingmule may have had one. I actually tested playing the .wmv files and they don't work under Helix.
Is there any way to let me save the video to my local storage?
No
I am watching "property brothers". I realized that the video list never updated.
Did I do something wrong?
(2015-03-21, 23:26)kamanwu Wrote: I am watching "property brothers". I realized that the video list never updated.
What do you mean?
Hello, newbee here.

How do you update the HGTV episodes once you've watched them all?

Thanks!
(2015-03-21, 23:26)kamanwu Wrote: I am watching "property brothers". I realized that the video list never updated.

(2015-03-26, 06:24)ciar67 Wrote: Hello, newbee here.

How do you update the HGTV episodes once you've watched them all?

Thanks!
The content for this addon is taken from here: http://www.hgtv.com/shows/full-episodes
If the website doesn't get updated, the addon will not be updated.
There is a website watch.hgtv.com but it requires a valid cable id to login and play videos.
The problem I'm having is I keep losing the show\episode list. I select the FoodNetwork Add-on, and sometimes the list will be there, other times it's just the two "return to the previous screen" dots at the top of the page. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried deactivating and reactivating, and nothing seems to work. Just one day it's there, another day it's gone.

BTW, I'm using Kodi installed on a FireTV.
(2015-04-28, 17:01)rdrowley Wrote: The problem I'm having is I keep losing the show\episode list. I select the FoodNetwork Add-on, and sometimes the list will be there, other times it's just the two "return to the previous screen" dots at the top of the page. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried deactivating and reactivating, and nothing seems to work. Just one day it's there, another day it's gone.

BTW, I'm using Kodi installed on a FireTV.

I assume that you're talking about the Food Network Addon, which is having a problem today. You should post in this thread:
1991083 (post)

This is the support thread for HGTV.
Can we please have the ability to set views from the Addon settings? With multiple categories inside the Addon it's not very user friendly to have to set views for every Category, on multiple devices.

Also, I notice that the Media Info view in CCM Helix (Confluence Custom Mod) is able to be set at Video Level, but then Media Image becomes Fan Art instead of the Video Thumbnail? But the Video Thumbnail displays correctly in the other views?

For information I can say that the Media Info view works correctly at Video level in your DIY Network Addon.

However in HGTV I can confirm that I can set this same Media Info view at Category level - thank you, but again the Media Image is FanArt. In the other views the Video Thumbnail of the first Video for the Category is used as the Media Image.

I also posted similar questions for some of your other AddOns. GQ, PBS, HGTV, and DIY Network are the ones I use, but maybe similar issues exist for your other Addons too? Each one works slightly differently as far as the views are concerned.

I guess as a minimum it would be nice if for the Media Info View, at Video level, the Media Image can be the Video Thumbnail - like it is for your DIY Network Addon.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
V2.1.2 update. Added subtitles, metadata, corrected content type, view selection.
In my git: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.hgtv
HGTV just refreshed their content (no website change)
Watched 2 episodes of my favourite show "Love it or list it" in glorious HD!

Thanks, Learningit!
The HGTV add-on appears to be missing from the repository in my set-up:

Kodi 14.1 on mac OS X 10.6 (32 bit).

I select SYSTEM -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons

and there is no HGTV.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(2015-07-04, 06:28)aeljarou Wrote: The HGTV add-on appears to be missing from the repository in my set-up:

Kodi 14.1 on mac OS X 10.6 (32 bit).

I select SYSTEM -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons

and there is no HGTV.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure why it's missing, but you can click on the link in my signature and directly download any of my addons and install as a .zip file.
HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files (wiki)
I think that it should be fine on 14.1, some of my newer ones need 15.0 or above on Android.
Thank you! That worked.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] HGTV (video) add-on1