• 95(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
I also suffered from the stuttering issue. HDR content stutters  - like a juddering every half second or so. This didn't happen when I used MadVR only Kodi.
It happened in Fandangos version and also Wanilton's version. Then today I tried Jogal's version and it was fine. So for me it was related to the Private API's used by Fandango and Wanilton.
I use an ATI card and I read earlier that there is a known bug in the ATI Private API so maybe this was what was causing my issue
My specs are: i3 4170, 16Gb Ram, Radeon RX560

Really happy to have a version that works for me.
(2020-05-29, 14:11)Prokop80 Wrote: Interesting, in my case the problem with suttering begins with the version in which the problem is supposedly resolved. Older Matrix versions works fine.
Please take a look at my earlier posts.  Have you manually changed the color and display format settings in Nvidia Control Panel at all?

This was the issue I had.  I have to change the output to limited in NCP because of issues with how my TV accepts an HDR signal (or something is causing an issue).  The moment I did that, I was getting stuttering (in both SDR and HDR files). This began I think with the more recent versions of fandagos version, even after that was fixed for some stuttering cases with other Nvidia users.

To resolve it, I had to reinstall the driver and not touch the NCP color settings. Setting it back to use defaults didn't work. Another user had the same issue.  Except then I can't use it properly for my setup.

The Jogal version didn't have this issue, and so I think there may be some interaction with the Nvidia code in Kodi HDR version an the Nvidia driver that was introduced in January or sometime thereafter.

Though I'd note I am currently using Kodi 17.7 with DS Player - due to issues with how Kodi (ffmpeg) currently deals with bitstreaming high bitrate Dolby Atmos files.
(2020-05-29, 16:37)Deam Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 14:11)Prokop80 Wrote: Interesting, in my case the problem with suttering begins with the version in which the problem is supposedly resolved. Older Matrix versions works fine.
Please take a look at my earlier posts.  Have you manually changed the color and display format settings in Nvidia Control Panel at all?

This was the issue I had.  I have to change the output to limited in NCP because of issues with how my TV accepts an HDR signal (or something is causing an issue).  The moment I did that, I was getting stuttering (in both SDR and HDR files). This began I think with the more recent versions of fandagos version, even after that was fixed for some stuttering cases with other Nvidia users.

To resolve it, I had to reinstall the driver and not touch the NCP color settings. Setting it back to use defaults didn't work. Another user had the same issue.  Except then I can't use it properly for my setup.

The Jogal version didn't have this issue, and so I think there may be some interaction with the Nvidia code in Kodi HDR version an the Nvidia driver that was introduced in January or sometime thereafter.

Though I'd note I am currently using Kodi 17.7 with DS Player - due to issues with how Kodi (ffmpeg) currently deals with bitstreaming high bitrate Dolby Atmos files. 
Maybe I changed the screen resolution in Nvidia Control Panel, but colors not. I will try to reinstall.
fyi -

1. HDR content have dessaturated colors with Ryzen or XT 5700:

2. I have enabled autohdr to fix colors for Ryzen or XT 5700 but display refresh rate change doesn't work anymore:
- This is a problem when automatic enabling Windows HDR, to solve this disable autohdr and press CTRL+H before starting the video file. 

this was fixed a couple of driver versions ago
(2020-05-29, 13:47)Prokop80 Wrote: I have installed Kodi Leia again, works fine. The problem with stuttering  is related to the matrix version and is still there ...
Ya. 
There seems to be a few versions of V19.

I tried this version first.
345566 (thread)
Everything works fine except for when 1st playing HDR movie, it will change my nividia refresh rate & caused stuttering.
Just need to change back refresh rate of nvidia from 23 to 60hz.

Then i tried another version.
349861 (thread)
This version when i skip the movie, it will take very very Long time to buffer.

Then I tried the current version.
https://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-4527.html , Linked from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2953361 (thread 1396)
Movie does not buffer anymore. 
Also will change the refresh rate and cause stutter.
After I disable the kodi refresh rate, all is good.
So for the 1st version, i suppose i just need to disable the adjust refresh rate.

I created a text file and save it as advancedsettings.xml. 
Inside this file, I input the nvidia12bit and autohdr. 

<advancedsettings>
   <nvidia12bits>true</nvidia12bits>
   <autohdr>true</autohdr>
</advancedsettings>

My nvidia display setting is 

Change resolution setting
1) Use nvidia Color settings
2)Output Color format 420
3)Output Color depth 12bpc

Adjust video Color setting
Video player setting

Adjust video image setting
Use player setting
I found that in order to get correct black levels I have to disable DXVA2 acceleration. With it on I get crushed black (also Black Clipping video from AVS shows no flashing black lines). I tried all combinations of color space - Limited and Full in Kodi and TV.
If I disable DXVA2 then I get good black levels (Black clipping video shows flashing black lines showing 17 to 25). Problem is with DXVA2 acceleration disabled I get very choppy HDR playback.

So my options are: choppy HDR playback with great picture or smooth HDR playback with crushed black.

I looked into DXVA2 issues and it's a minefield. Also found that PowerDVD is suffering from crushed black and shows no flashing black in Black Clipping test).
MPC with madVR seems to play OK and does not suffer any crushed blacks and has smooth playback. I think this is a ATI and Direct X issue.
Any suggestions on what to try next? Maybe time for an Nvidia card.
(2020-05-30, 16:54)Bumblefreak Wrote: I found that in order to get correct black levels I have to disable DXVA2 acceleration. With it on I get crushed black (also Black Clipping video from AVS shows no flashing black lines). I tried all combinations of color space - Limited and Full in Kodi and TV.
If I disable DXVA2 then I get good black levels (Black clipping video shows flashing black lines showing 17 to 25). Problem is with DXVA2 acceleration disabled I get very choppy HDR playback.

So my options are: choppy HDR playback with great picture or smooth HDR playback with crushed black.

I looked into DXVA2 issues and it's a minefield. Also found that PowerDVD is suffering from crushed black and shows no flashing black in Black Clipping test).
MPC with madVR seems to play OK and does not suffer any crushed blacks and has smooth playback. I think this is a ATI and Direct X issue.
Any suggestions on what to try next? Maybe time for an Nvidia card.
I thought u adjust the brightness of your display setting to see the black bars of the clipping test?
@Wanilton 

I just installed the latest build on my system with an RTX 2080 Ti. While everything is working spic & span with 4K HDR, as well as 1080p, I'm not able to turn on Subtitles in 4K HDR videos. Subtitles work fine on all other formats. The Subtitle icon itself gets greyed out when playing back 4K HDR. On other external players like DVDFab 3 or MPC-BE/MadVR, subtitles display without any issues for the same 4K HDR MKVs. 

Is this a known limitation? Any workarounds?

This is the version installed: https://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-4527.html
This is a really good news. I would love to test it out.
(2020-05-30, 22:33)luci5r Wrote: @Wanilton 

I just installed the latest build on my system with an RTX 2080 Ti. While everything is working spic & span with 4K HDR, as well as 1080p, I'm not able to turn on Subtitles in 4K HDR videos. Subtitles work fine on all other formats. The Subtitle icon itself gets greyed out when playing back 4K HDR. On other external players like DVDFab 3 or MPC-BE/MadVR, subtitles display without any issues for the same 4K HDR MKVs. 

I use Nvidia Geforce 1050, working fine subtitles here (internal and external), press T (to active/Desactive), check if solve.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-06-01, 19:53)Wanilton Wrote:
(2020-05-30, 22:33)luci5r Wrote: @Wanilton 

I use Nvidia Geforce 1050, working fine subtitles here (internal and external), press T (to active/Desactive), check if solve.  
Yikes!! I just saw you posted a new 06/01/2020 build today, so I downloaded & installed that one, figured I'd try your solution with latest build. Installation went smooth - upgrading the previous build. 

My library is completely wiped clean!! All movies & tv shows are gone! 

Database migration did seem to take place. I went into MySQL Database and I can see the new "myvideos117" created, containing tables and data from the previous "myvideos116". Not sure what's going on!

Any ideas? Any way to revert back to previous build?
@luci5r 

Kodi doesn´t erase your database, it creates a new database and copies your previous data. Your original database continues available.
(2020-06-02, 00:54)Wanilton Wrote: @luci5r 

Kodi doesn´t erase your database, it creates a new database and copies your previous data. Your original database continues available.
Yes, I did not explain myself correctly. 

The databases and data are all present and in-tact in MySQL. Both new and previous database. However, after installing the latest 06.01.2020 build, none of the data is being retrieved and displayed by Kodi, in other words, Movies & TV shows are completely empty, as if there is no data. I did query the MySQL database and all of the data is actually there. 

I went into logs and did notice a lot of ERROR statements like so:

sql:
2020-06-02 07:23:43.937 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: MyMusic76 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'MEDIASTRASSE' (using password: YES))

2020-06-02 07:23:43.989 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: MyVideos117 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'MEDIASTRASSE' (using password: YES))
2020-06-02 07:23:43.990 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: MyVideos116 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'MEDIASTRASSE' (using password: YES))

2020-06-02 07:23:44.037 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to create new database

2020-06-02 07:23:50.356 T:2216    ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://movies/titles/
2020-06-02 07:23:50.356 T:2216    ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://movies/titles/) failed

"MEDIASTRASSE" is the name of my host htpc. It appears to me that Kodi is unable to connect to the database due to an Access Denied error. This has never happened before and I certainly did not update or change anything in the system, aside from installing the 06.01.2020 Kodi HDR Edition from here: https://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-4527.html

Can you verify the latest build does not have a bug? Do you know how I can fix this? 

Thanks!
(2020-06-02, 16:30)luci5r Wrote:
(2020-06-02, 00:54)Wanilton Wrote: @luci5r 

Yes, I did not explain myself correctly. 

The databases and data are all present and in-tact in MySQL. Both new and previous database. However, after installing the latest 06.01.2020 build, none of the data is being retrieved and displayed by Kodi, in other words, Movies & TV shows are completely empty, as if there is no data. I did query the MySQL database and all of the data is actually there. 

I went into logs and did notice a lot of ERROR statements like so:

sql:
2020-06-02 07:23:43.937 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: MyMusic76 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'MEDIASTRASSE' (using password: YES))

2020-06-02 07:23:43.989 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: MyVideos117 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'MEDIASTRASSE' (using password: YES))
2020-06-02 07:23:43.990 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: MyVideos116 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'MEDIASTRASSE' (using password: YES))

2020-06-02 07:23:44.037 T:19284   ERROR <general>: Unable to create new database

2020-06-02 07:23:50.356 T:2216    ERROR <general>: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting videodb://movies/titles/
2020-06-02 07:23:50.356 T:2216    ERROR <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://movies/titles/) failed

"MEDIASTRASSE" is the name of my host htpc. It appears to me that Kodi is unable to connect to the database due to an Access Denied error. This has never happened before and I certainly did not update or change anything in the system, aside from installing the 06.01.2020 Kodi HDR Edition from here: https://www.xbmcbrasil.net/thread-4527.html

Can you verify the latest build does not have a bug? Do you know how I can fix this? 

Thanks!  

@Wanilton 

I did resolve this issue. I still don't understand "why" it happened, but essentially something went wrong with my MySQL Server on my Windows 10 box. The "kodi" user lost all its schema privileges, which was generating the errors above, and disallowing Kodi to access the database. When I tried to GRANT privileges, it wouldn't let me; furthermore, I couldn't even delete the user. Somehow it became a "read-only" user. It was totally locked up.

Ultimately I had to upgrade my MySQL Community Server to the latest, after which I was able to delete the "kodi" user and re-create it, grant the necessary privileges, which got rid of the access denied errors and Kodi is once again able to access the database and show Movies, TV Shows, etc. 

Very weird. But behind me now. 

I was finally able to try your suggestion for my disabled Subtitles in 4K HDR and once again, THANK YOU, your suggestion worked! Pressing "T" on the keyboard enabled subtitles, and enabled the grayed out Subtitles Icon in the command bar. Now I can choose and play Subtitles with 4K HDR. 

Great job on this release! It is a perfect software now. Thanks!!
@luci5r 

Thanks for your feedback, enjoy.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9