• 4(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
Lovely.
man it works like i charm. I watch two movies today in my dedicated hometheater, from my HTPC HDMI to my Onkyo AVR. With Bluray guide to bitstream i gets random audio skips, but with this patch stuffs no issues so far, im very please. Thank you so much. I would like to donate some money, who do i sent it to ?
Hello,
Many thx ,works perfectly !
Its run under win 7 64 bit with Graphic Card Radeon HD6450 and
Receiver Pioneer AVR VSX 1020.

Many thx
Greats
Rigo1968
Nice patch, made into my build. I just have two movies with dts-ma so that's all I could test but one thing I noticed is that the audio packets are calculated to be of 170.67 ms duration in CDVDPlayerAudio:: DecodeFrame() because audioframe.size is 32768 (it is 2048 for dts core). The invalid duration can cause audio sync issues with drop/dupe packet sync method. I think the packet duration should be the same 10.67 ms for all (?) dts fomats because HD formats are "just" added on top of core so it seems logical that the duration is also the same (although I was unable to find any specs on this).

I use a patch to prevent mkv/dts stutter (ignoring dts timestamps) and that immediately failed. It only works correctly if I force the packet duration to be 10.67 ms for dts(-ma). I made the following small change in my build to correct this (although I am not sure if this is the right approach): https://github.com/a11599/xbmc/commit/11...6895912886
ArieS Wrote:Just installed it, DTS-MA and PCM work great.
The problem is TrueHD, the video is extremely choppy! Unwatchable.
I tried checking and unchecking "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen"
Same result...
Any idea?

I have the same problem with one MKV, made with MakeMKV I think. The video is choppy and the audio goes out of synch. It happens only with this one file, everything else plays fine.

Daniela, thanks for the patch. You did what the XBMC devs should had done months ago: patch the current AE so it can bitstream HD audio and then start work on the new AE.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
Hi just installed this and noticed that 'Movie sets' no longer work..
Sorry for asking what might appear to be a dumb question but I am new to using XBMC. Where can I get this patch as I am setting up my HTPC today. Thanks
DanielaE Wrote:...
Links:
Source: on GitHub
-----> Binary: Windows installer <-----
Here
mrhyde1969 Wrote:Hi just installed this and noticed that 'Movie sets' no longer work..

Yes they do. Enable in settings.
Slipx Wrote:Yes they do. Enable in settings.

Hmmmm, where is setting for this?? I didnt have to change anything in any of the othere builds!!Huh I can get into sets via 'sub menu' but they wont show up in my MOVIES library..
The setting is in the Video settings. There's a new setting to grouping movies into sets. This was added because of the new TMDb scraper which automatically retrieves sets. There are many people out there (including myself) that don't want to use sets so we had to add a setting to enable/disable displaying sets. In earlier builds users had to do some manual work with NFOs etc to get sets into XBMC in the first place so those that didn't want any sets just didn't have to do anything.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Montellese Wrote:The setting is in the Video settings. There's a new setting to grouping movies into sets. This was added because of the new TMDb scraper which automatically retrieves sets. There are many people out there (including myself) that don't want to use sets so we had to add a setting to enable/disable displaying sets. In earlier builds users had to do some manual work with NFOs etc to get sets into XBMC in the first place so those that didn't want any sets just didn't have to do anything.

Ah, many thanks. Sorted now Big Grin
Memphiz Wrote:We want it on iOS and OSX Big Grin

You mean Linux Tongue.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
I told you so.......everyone is ready for XBMC with HD audio options. As you can see, it's over 3,000 hits in just a couple days. HD audio should be one of the top priority in the next XBMC release! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
DDDamian Wrote:Hey meridius - AMD/ATI 6450 with HDMI Audio driver AMD 7.12.0.7705 dated 12/6/2011 - it's in the latest Catalyst package 12.1. Video driver ATI 8.930.0.00 dated 12/5/2011 from the same package.

Great playback and HDMI audio support - everything I've thrown at it has worked!

Hi I am using 11.9 as that was the most stable for me as 11.10 had video problems

Why did u update was there problems with other drivers and if so what where they and driver version.

Was wondering what 12.1 had over the older driver.

Chees
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17