ATV1 + NitoTV + External USB Drive
Hello,

I got ATV1 and NitoTV installed and configured followed this guide:

http://www.todaywasawesome.com/enable-us...-apple-tv/

However when I go to XBMC to add a Source, I cannot find my USB External Drive.

Does it have to be formatted as HFS+ or can it be regular NTFS?

Thanks,

Kevin
HFS+ or fat32 (which is useless for video content)
davilla Wrote:HFS+ or fat32 (which is useless for video content)

ahhh...gotcha....what a bummer Sad
You might be able to do something if you install MacFUSE (should work on 10.4, which is basically what the ATV1 has). Then you can install some NTFS drivers (assuming the first part worked).

However, I would suggest taking a look at Crystalbuntu for the ATV1. It will run a lot better than the original ATV OS, even if you don't have the Broadcom Crystal HD card. And it supports NTFS "out of the box".
I've installed the Broadcom Crystal HD Card and its driver already. I'll take a look at installing Crystalbuntu.

I didn't know it's another OS that supports NTFS. I thought it's only for the Crystal HD Driver which I've already installed using the XMBC Patchstick Method.
Crystalbuntu supports NTFS
Thanks Scott. I'll try it out this weekend. Been super duper bz with it Smile
I'm currently running the latest crystalbuntu on my ATV1, I've got a 3TB drive that's formatted OSX Journaled, will xbmc see the drive if i plug it directly into the ATV1? if so, are there any other steps I need to take ie drivers to get the 3TB drive to mount in /Home/media?
Just plug it in and it should mount under files in the XBMC interface, with no need to add it as a source.
crystalbuntu == linux - it won't be able to write the HFS+ partition. Read only.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:crystalbuntu == linux - it won't be able to write the HFS+ partition. Read only.

Not true, you can write to HFS+ on linux Smile How do you think an atv1 patchstick works ?
davilla Wrote:Not true, you can write to HFS+ on linux Smile How do you think an atv1 patchstick works ?

ops when did this happen? thought only hfs (without journal) was writable...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:ops when did this happen? thought only hfs (without journal) was writable...

Yes, Padawan Smile

See http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/wiki/ATVBackup

# mount the source
fsck.hfsplus -f /dev/sda2
mount -t hfsplus -o rw,force /dev/sda2 dst

Notice the hfs+ Smile
It's been a while, finally got the chance to get to it. I got it loaded and manage to get my ext HDD mounted using Crystalbuntu XBMC. However, it only mounted to my MUSIC section. Is there a way that I can mount to my Video? When I browse for it, I cannot find it. Please help. Thanks,
(2012-03-08, 08:59)Ned Scott Wrote: Just plug it in and it should mount under files in the XBMC interface, with no need to add it as a source.

I see that it "auto" mount under XBMC interface. However, after mounted, it only shows under my MUSIC Location. While my servers are for Video.

Right now, my temporary method is to go to the drive from MUSIC tab, choose SWITCH MEDIA, then ADD TO FAVORITE. That's the only way I can quickly access my video files under USB Drive.

Is there another option to Select mount or at least move/add it to my VIDEO location?

Thanks,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 + NitoTV + External USB Drive0