• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Something is wrong with the boblight.conf you're using, for me to figure out what exactly, you need to upload it as a file somewhere, so not on a paste site.
You didn't mix zero with O on that devicename did you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
bobo1on1 Wrote:Something is wrong with the boblight.conf you're using, for me to figure out what exactly, you need to upload it as a file somewhere, so not on a paste site.

Hi, I've uploaded the file itself here:
Code:
[url=http://www.fileserve.com/file/2snfaXp/boblight.conf][b]File name: boblight.conf File size: 991 Bytes[/b][/url]

is that OK?
Memphiz Wrote:You didn't mix zero with O on that devicename did you?

no...checked that already....it's ttyACM0 (i.e. it ends with a zero)
It says otput instead of output.
bobo1on1 Wrote:It says otput instead of output.

thanks for spotting that! I'll have to try it out some time tomorrow evening - even though I'm pretty sure I must have changed that accidentally after trying to change the output port when it wouldn't work on ttyACM0.

Anyway...fingers crossed - and I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow Smile

Thanks!
bobo1on1 Wrote:It says otput instead of output.

OK....so that solved the error I was getting. When i run $ boblightd& it seems to be able to connect to the arduino. However when i try running $ boblight-constant ff0000 or playing a video in xbmc, none of the LEDs are lighting up.

I'm sure it's not a circuit issue as i managed to make the circuit work fine on Windows.....could it be something to do with the Arduino pinouts that are being used?

can you tell me what the number of channels in boblight.conf actually refers to please?
beta-j Wrote:can you tell me what the number of channels in boblight.conf actually refers to please?

led count x 3 (red, green, blue)
Adalight with Lightpack calculator (with boblight support) http://tvgloria.hu/
The channels in boblight.conf don't match the arduino pins, you should use channels 4, 5 and 6 as shown in the howto.
Also, set hscan to 0 100 since it's the only light you have.
Hi Bob, hi Memphiz,

i think i have a feature suggestion.

Would it be possible to send the current picture to two different boblight deamons?

I've got an adalight ambilight behind my tv and two 5 meter led strings on the ceiling.

It would be great to send the picture to the boblightd for my ambilight and also send the current picture to another boblightd which is configured only with 2 lights (for the two five meter led strings). So my whole living room would be illuminated in the current color of the video.

You get my idea?

Thank you two in advance.

You brought ambilight to the masses.

regnets
bobo1on1 Wrote:The channels in boblight.conf don't match the arduino pins, you should use channels 4, 5 and 6 as shown in the howto.
Also, set hscan to 0 100 since it's the only light you have.

So if i'm understanding correctly - since I have a single RGB LED strip, the number of channels in boblight.conf should be 3 and it should use channels 1,2 and 3 no?

I tried setting it with 6 channels and using 4,5 and 6 as well as 3 channels using 1,2 and 3 but no luck so far.
(2012-03-04, 13:58)beta-j Wrote: [global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port 19333

[device]
Here it is - I just copied it off the tutorial page.
Quote:name arduino
output /dev/ttyACM0
channels 6
type momo
interval 20000
rate 38400
prefix 55 AA

#arduino bootloader runs when opening the serial port for the first time
#delay transmission one second after opening so we don.t send shit to the bootloader
delayafteropen 1000000
#debug on

[color]
name red
rgb FF0000

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF

[color]
name yellow
rgb FFFF00
adjust 0.5
blacklevel 0.1
gamma 2.3

[color]
name white
rgb FFFFFF
adjust 0.3
blacklevel 0.7
gamma 1.6

[light]
name main
color red arduino 5
color green arduino 6
color blue arduino 4
hscan 0 50
vscan 0 100

if your problem is software related and if you aren´t experienced with electronics I´d suggest to use some ULN2003A, then you do not have to solder that much.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-03-12, 07:53)phil65 Wrote: if your problem is software related and if you aren´t experienced with electronics I´d suggest to use some ULN2003A, then you do not have to solder that much.

Actually I'm an electrical engineer - so I'm not really worried about the electronics - and in fact I'm already using a ULN2003A - it makes it that much easier to put everything together on a veroboard.

For the time being however I've hooked up a single RGB LED directly to pins 9,10 and 11 of the Arduino to eliminate any possible points of failure until I get everything working.
(2012-03-12, 10:56)beta-j Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 07:53)phil65 Wrote: if your problem is software related and if you aren´t experienced with electronics I´d suggest to use some ULN2003A, then you do not have to solder that much.

Actually I'm an electrical engineer - so I'm not really worried about the electronics - and in fact I'm already using a ULN2003A - it makes it that much easier to put everything together on a veroboard.

For the time being however I've hooked up a single RGB LED directly to pins 9,10 and 11 of the Arduino to eliminate any possible points of failure until I get everything working.

which software did you take for your arduino?
enabling debug mode in boblight.conf could also help to see what´s going on...
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
i´m tryin to run boblightd on my fritzbox router now with freetz installed.
if i run it with a config file which works on ubuntu it says that it cannot find any devices, colors and lights... any ideas?
here´s the output. using r 417.
could it have to do with the filesystem (squashfs) the router is using?

Code:
root@fritz:/var/tmp/boblight# boblightd
(InitLog)                       start of log /mod/root/.boblight/boblightd.log
(PrintFlags)                    starting boblightd
(CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile)   opening /etc/boblight.conf
(CConfig::CheckConfig)          checking config lines
(CConfig::CheckDeviceConfig)    ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf no devices defined
(CConfig::CheckColorConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf no colors defined
(CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf no lights defined

and here´s some info about the compiled binaries.

Code:
> file packages/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.31.1/boblight-417/root/usr/bin/boblightd
packages/target-mipsel_uClibc-0.9.31.1/boblight-417/root/usr/bin/boblightd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, MIPS, MIPS32 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), with unknown capability 0xf41 = 0x756e6700, with unknown capability 0x70100 = 0x3040000, stripped

root@fritz:/var/media/ftp/uStor01/archiv# ldd ./boblightd
        libdl.so.0 => /lib/libdl.so.0 (0x2aabe000)
        libm.so.0 => /lib/libm.so.0 (0x2aad1000)
        librt.so.0 => /lib/librt.so.0 (0x2aaf9000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x2ab0a000)
        libuClibc++.so.0 => /usr/lib/freetz/libuClibc++.so.0 (0x2ab2d000)
        libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x2ab61000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x2abdc000)
        ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x2aaa8000)

root@fritz:/var/media/ftp/uStor01/archiv# ldd ./boblight-constant
        libdl.so.0 => /lib/libdl.so.0 (0x2aabe000)
        libm.so.0 => /lib/libm.so.0 (0x2aad1000)
        librt.so.0 => /lib/librt.so.0 (0x2aaf9000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x2ab0a000)
        libuClibc++.so.0 => /usr/lib/freetz/libuClibc++.so.0 (0x2ab2d000)
        libc.so.0 => /lib/libc.so.0 (0x2ab61000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x2abdc000)
        ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x2aaa8000)

root@fritz:/var/media/ftp/uStor01/archiv# ./boblightd --help
Usage: boblightd [OPTION]

options:

ERROR: Unknown option -
  -c  set the config file, default is /etc/boblight.conf
  -f  fork
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3