• 43(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Anyone got trailer support (URL no download) working?
(2012-03-13, 15:24)TeKo Wrote: Anyone got trailer support (URL no download) working?
It seems this is broken right now. But has already been reported afaik ...
Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
Hi - I'm running an ancient (pre-Bodrick) version of Ember that's still working well for me. Somehow, I seem to have lucked out on that. I did notice one issue in my build that prevents me from doing any mass updating of media nfo's. In my collection I frequently use the 'Sort Title' field. If I do a batch update to movies where I previously have specified a sort title, when Ember does the update (like updating actors or updating the mediainfo) it wipes out the sort title.

Does anyone use Sort Title and can anyone verify if this is still an issue in the new Ember? I'm hesitant to update my version since it's still working, but I would like to upgrade to account for some of the XBMC schema changes, like country, and also to do occasional batch updates.

Thanks in advance for the help!
mh Sad

github > "Last updated 2 months ago"

Is there any other working program like this? Somehow I think this one is the best in terms of user interface, even if there are bugs.

I tried Media Companion Gen2, but it sucks in every way in my opinion (bad user interface, takes much more time to scrape whole collection)
Media center master is the only thing that comes near ember but the scraper itself sucks. But some things work better than ember for example the folder and renaming.
(2012-03-13, 21:18)deh2k7 Wrote: I'm hesitant to update my version since it's still working, but I would like to upgrade to account for some of the XBMC schema changes, like country, and also to do occasional batch updates.

Can't help you with your update problem (I never updated movies once they are scraped), but there is no problem in using different Ember-Installations.
In fact, I regularly use 4 different Embers:
- Pre-Brodick configured to scrape german info (for TV-Series my girlfriend watches)
- Pre-Brodick configured to scrape english info (for TV-Series I watch)
- Brodrick configured to scrape german info (for movies my girlfriend watches)
- Brodrick configured to scrape english info (for movies I watch)

They co-exist in different folders and as I scrape only manually everything thats new in the collection they don't interfere with each other.

Since there is no installation, several ember versions can perfectly coexist. Ik always keep a previous version while trying out the latest. Lately I rescraped the country for my whole movie collection in once.
OK I'll check out a new version and see. Thanks for the help guys.
Just wanted to say thanks for work that you have done.
I have finally managed to get sabnzbd to call ember once it has finished a film download and scrape it via the cli options works great now and makes it all nice and automated Smile
(2012-03-15, 13:59)generious Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for work that you have done.
I have finally managed to get sabnzbd to call ember once it has finished a film download and scrape it via the cli options works great now and makes it all nice and automated Smile
how did you go about doing that? very interested in this script!
(2012-03-15, 13:59)generious Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for work that you have done.

If that works with renaming files and folders, plz post a tutorial Wink
havn't used ember in a while but i started it up to try and get some local trailers downloaded, but its not working. how do i get it to actually DOWNLOAD the trailers, not just put URLs.

really need the bulk option as i have like 300 movies.
well i see ember is coming together rather nicely , great job bodrick keep it up

ill be waiting till most bugs get fixed then ill add it back to my inventory until then ill be using xbmc's integrated scraping Wink
Im using ember media manger 1.3 and for srome reason its not loading any of my movies fan art that was made in media companion there simply labled movie name then -fan art and it wont see them. It will pick up ones that i make in ember but thats about it. I am using Xbmc and it still picsk up all the movies but i want ot see in ember which ones do not have a fanart. Any ideas ?
You may not be able to download trailers but I am still getting amazon trailers links on a lot of movies
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26