• 4(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
will this work with the xbox 1 running xbmc to stream vu+duo
thanks
(2012-03-15, 13:25)boxer29 Wrote: will this work with the xbox 1 running xbmc to stream vu+duo
thanks

I guess not, since I haven't seen a PVR enabled version for the orginal Xbox. You might wanna use the integrated tuxbox client or you use this plugin.
http://www.nibudev.de/content/xbmc-enigm...wer-plugin

HDTV won't work either of course but SD should work. It worked for me with my old Dbox.

I managed to create a openelec ION PVR build with the vu plus client, i can view channels etc and i get some epg data but only on certain channels, where as other channels say NO DATA AVAILABLE
Back from holidays

@jdembski & @mcheng89: Where are we at at?
(2012-03-15, 12:33)ManFromDelMonte Wrote: Hello all, tried to use this last night it takes a long time to download the epg does this happen every day? I had to turn it off whilst streaming otherwise the streams wouldn't work. Also can't see my recordings through this add on is that usual? Finally, is there any way to turn off subtitles with win7/vu duo please?

Thanks for all your hard work

Whilst playing a channel, go to video or sounds options and disable subtitles from there, remember to select save as default for all movies to save the setting
When i follow the guide in post #3 everything compiles just as it should but the VU+ addon is not included. It's not in the source downloaded with git either, am i missing something?
(2012-03-15, 17:45)redknight Wrote: Back from holidays

@jdembski & @mcheng89: Where are we at at?
(2012-03-15, 12:33)ManFromDelMonte Wrote: Hello all, tried to use this last night it takes a long time to download the epg does this happen every day? I had to turn it off whilst streaming otherwise the streams wouldn't work. Also can't see my recordings through this add on is that usual? Finally, is there any way to turn off subtitles with win7/vu duo please?

Thanks for all your hard work

Whilst playing a channel, go to video or sounds options and disable subtitles from there, remember to select save as default for all movies to save the setting

Hi, I hope you had nice holidays and are well rested...

To be honest: I think we took some backsteps the last couple of days - mainly because I'm so inexperienced when it comes to serious linker, shared libraries, build-setup etc stuff. But enough of the excuses, here is the status:

a) Linux:
As already mentioned I got a request from the Openelec-Guys to "separate" XBMC from this addon so that the addon can be compiled independently from XBMC, so that they can include it. I still think that this is a good idea until all the stuff is stable enough to be maybe included into the main PVR branch, but this way it should be possible to distribute the addon & updates to the addon more easily.

Unfortunately, although the plugin compiles perfectly, XBMC cannot load it because of the error "undefined symbol: XBMC". First I thought that I did something wrong - so I checked the xbmc-addon-xvdr plugin from Pipelka (I used his build-scripts as a basis - pls remember me to give him credits in the README for this). I tried the xvdr plugin, and sure enough I got the same error as with my plugin.

Why this is - no idea. Any help would be appreciated! Is there any developer reading this - maybe just a hint would be enough...

I have also asked sraue how this is working for them - as it obviously isn't working for me and the others...

b) Windows:
No real progress here - still the same issue with EPGs etc. mchen89 was kind enough to post the bit where he transfers the EPG data in his addon - in my opinion there is no real difference, but it does work for him and it doesn't work in the vu+ / tuxbox plugin.

Again: Any (windows) developer who could check the bit of code - even if it is just a hint then this would be awesome...
(2012-03-15, 18:31)extracted Wrote: When i follow the guide in post #3 everything compiles just as it should but the VU+ addon is not included. It's not in the source downloaded with git either, am i missing something?

Between step 8. & 9., issue the following:

git branch addon_vuplus

This will set the current branch to the addon_vuplus branch on your local git repository - the addon is not included in the master branch.

VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
How to I compile the addon for linux on it's own then? and what do I do with the resulting files?

Have you read the post on the openelec forum, they seem to have got most of it to work.

http://openelec.tv/forum/83-dvb-ss2-supp...-and-dbox2
Hi guys,
Sorry that myfirst post is here, but I didn't face any problem before with xbmc. The idea of the plugin is brilliant and I want to do anything to make it work, but till now I couldn't. So, I have some questions, I'm using windows version of xbmcpvr , I have downloaded both addons (jdebmski and mcheng89 compiled one). I'm using a DM7020 box with enigma1, I did configure the addon, enable the pvr but I can't receive any channel at all. The configuration seems ok, how I will receive the channels from my box?

Thanks in advance and keep walking my friends
(2012-03-15, 19:55)djfloor Wrote: Hi guys,
Sorry that myfirst post is here, but I didn't face any problem before with xbmc. The idea of the plugin is brilliant and I want to do anything to make it work, but till now I couldn't. So, I have some questions, I'm using windows version of xbmcpvr , I have downloaded both addons (jdebmski and mcheng89 compiled one). I'm using a DM7020 box with enigma1, I did configure the addon, enable the pvr but I can't receive any channel at all. The configuration seems ok, how I will receive the channels from my box?

Sorry, enigma1 based boxes will not work as the webapi is different...
Now you make me a very sad person. It's a pitty, looks very promissing your addon.
Anyway, keep walking my friend.
(2012-03-14, 21:46)nhsman Wrote: No luck this time. It seems to compile correctly but after another try to start add-on I got this:

Quote:19:42:11 T:3008363376 ERROR: Unable to load /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr, reason: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr: undefined symbol: XBMC
19:42:11 T:3008363376 ERROR: PVR - InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'VU+ Client'
This happens because of error in src/vuplus/Makefile.am. Under libvuplus_la_SOURCES file client.cpp is missing.
But after this fix XBMC is dead - no more picture on my TV. Seems something else is wrong too.
(2012-03-15, 21:45)ultraman Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 21:46)nhsman Wrote: No luck this time. It seems to compile correctly but after another try to start add-on I got this:

Quote:19:42:11 T:3008363376 ERROR: Unable to load /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr, reason: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/pvr.vuplus/XBMC_vuplus.pvr: undefined symbol: XBMC
19:42:11 T:3008363376 ERROR: PVR - InitialiseClient - can't initialise add-on 'VU+ Client'
This happens because of error in src/vuplus/Makefile.am. Under libvuplus_la_SOURCES file client.cpp is missing.
But after this fix XBMC is dead - no more picture on my TV. Seems something else is wrong too.

Ultraman, you are THE man!

I can't believe I didn't see that - thanks a lot. The other error is because of the missing lcurl linker option - both have been fixed in the current version. Again, thanks a ton! (you don't do windows programming, too? :>)

I will update the 2nd post with proper linux versions of the addon in a couple of minutes...
And it seems this is missing too:
Code:
libvuplus_la_LIBADD = -lpthread -lcurl

I get this XBMC symbol and other using objdump:
Code:
objdump -x XBMC_vuplus.pvr

Quote:0000000000000000 *UND* 0000000000000000 pthread_mutex_trylock
0000000000000000 *UND* 0000000000000000 curl_easy_setopt

I'm updating system atm. Hope now will work.

Update: It works now. The only problem is that PVR manager needs long time until imports all my channels.
I will make one new version with your last commit too to be sure.

Update2: You need to add -lpthread too. Still missing.
(2012-03-15, 20:14)jdembski Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 19:55)djfloor Wrote: Hi guys,

Sorry, enigma1 based boxes will not work as the webapi is different...

I have the exact same image but i am using gemeni 4.x. iirc it should be enigma 2 based.
(2012-03-15, 22:10)ultraman Wrote: And it seems this is missing too:
Code:
libvuplus_la_LIBADD = -lpthread -lcurl

I get this XBMC symbol and other using objdump:
Code:
objdump -x XBMC_vuplus.pvr

Quote:0000000000000000 *UND* 0000000000000000 pthread_mutex_trylock
0000000000000000 *UND* 0000000000000000 curl_easy_setopt

I'm updating system atm. Hope now will work.

Update: It works now. The only problem is that PVR manager needs long time until imports all my channels.
I will make one new version with your last commit too to be sure.

Update2: You need to add -lpthread too. Still missing.

Have you tried it with OpenELEC PVR build? Can we now use the install from zip function or do we need to manually extract the zip to the addons folder? I'm getting an unknown error atm
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217