• 31(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
Has anyone got xbmc-eventclients xbmc-send package working with this? When ever i try to install it it wants to uninstall xbmc.
(2012-03-15, 09:36)fritsch Wrote: @XBMCnew:
From the log I see errors while doing stuff with dkms, the kernel modul building system. Also the logs say, that fglrx-updates is installed from the ubuntu repository. I think you messed up the fglrx installation by doubleclicking and installing a sh script above another debian package - now kernel does not match userspace or some important files have been overwritten. Please follow the howto - if you can start a new :-)

@flymods:
If you are still searching the link for 12.2. It is here:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/amd-dr...x86_64.run

Hi,

I installed from scratch as per your advice. I formatted my drive and installed 11.10 64 bit. Then i went thru the process as per page 1. It all went smooth this time and i had everything up and running. But for one thing. I have this buffering issue. I thought it has got to do something with the catalyst setting. I set the slider for Enable Catalyst AI from standard to advanced and then when i started xbmc it was a black screen but nothing. Even the "\" to minimise or maximize doesn't work and its a black screen. Upon moving back the slider to standard i could get xbmc screen but now i have this old problem where after clicking any movie link in icefilm or navi-x i could see the control buttons only if i go back to homescreen and after selecting the full screen button i only get a full black screen with the control buttons at bottom.

I had formatted the harddrive and installed fresh 11.10 64 bits so no question of overwriting any existing distro or kernel.

Please find below the link for xbmc crash log which might give some clue.

crashlog-link
Zotac AD02 E-350
8GB RAM /360 GB HDD
short back to my kernel problems:
i installed the 3.2 kernel from the ubuntu mainline ppa´s and wasn´t able to boot with it! i didn´t gt the desktop, only black screen! i give it up! i use the 3.0 again, everything works fine, except usb3.0!

so and back to the topic:
i did some test with different mkv-files. most of them play smooth and fine! there are 2 mkv-files, which don´t! they play also smooth, but i´ve abstracts in the picture, little rectangles! mostly of them appear in the moving parts of the picture.

i´ve made a pastebin of the mediainfo issue, maybe you can use it for error search! the files are 4.1 level, so they should work?!

http://pastebin.com/9A8ZyWhT
http://pastebin.com/pP4Pif73
Hi,

On the surface, this appears to be an ati driver issue or basic xubuntu issue, so it might be a bit off topic. But I am pretty sure others doing this fantastic build will run into this issue. I come here also because your workaround addresses the issue in a way I could not find elsewhere. Post #1 work around fixed the no audio on pre 12.2 grfx versions for suspend/wake vid and audio- but not likely this issue.

my system is an A4 3400 undervolted with hdmi a/v with no other audio devices
fresh, about 2 days ago, install Xubuntu 32 11.10 desktop with regular updates
fresh apt install of XBMC XvBA
ECS mb bios has only HDMI audio on
ati drivers 12.2
auto log on enabled
autostart xbmc
no post #1 light-dm driver fix

My issue: no hdmi audio in any program if pc boots before the sony lcd tv is turned on
Fixes for working av-
1) turn on lcd first then boot pc
2) reboot with the lcd left on and audio comes back
3) suspend and wake with the lcd left on and audio comes back
4) log out then log on with the lcd left on and audio comes back

I tried post #1 workaround to driver 12.2 and it did not refresh the driver when the tv was turned on after boot up. aplay -l shows the hdmi audio only with either boot mode (tv on or off). I am 99% sure a log on prompt, not autolog on, will fix this. But it must be password-less for others in my household. I can't figure out how to get this to work without password. This pc is only a htpc and mostly for xbmc. Any pointers would be appreciated. Whomever wrote the batch knew how to re-init the ati driver to fix this. Is there some other script that might be appied to fix this? Maybe lock EDID or something.. Or cut the wake pin on my hdmi cable if that is how it detects it? Other than that the XvBA branch is perfect for me. Cpu idles both cores approx 0 and 1% with only 37 watts on the kill-a-watt meter, on a super cheapo psu. HD playback is perfect so far. Thanks for all of your support. TIA
installed and everything went well until Step 4, i dont have a lightdm.conf file in that folder, should i create one? i have a lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf and users.conf though...
@thaiboxer

That file should be created automatically if you fresh installed and you chose autologin and remember password. My Xubuntu created it when I first logged in. Editing it or creating it affects auto login at boot/power on.

in Xubuntu
For Autostart XBMC on boot I used setting -> Settings manager -> session and start up -> application autostart -> Add xbmc xbmc xbmc in all fields. then it runs xbmc automatically at boot.

your xbmc should work if you only skipped those steps. just choose it from the menu under multimedia. the olther steps are for the driver sound bug fix if not running 12.2 and auto log on and auto start.

more on the 12.2 no hdmi audio, bug. i managed to enable, log on prompt w/o password at boot via lightdm.conf edits and new user settings. Unfortunately, if boot first -> power tv -> log on, still no hdmi audio . Again, tv on first -> boot pc, all good. If I get it sorted i will post back the fix. any suggestions are appreciated. I will test them.
(2012-03-17, 20:25)m.bluemle Wrote: short back to my kernel problems:
i installed the 3.2 kernel from the ubuntu mainline ppa´s and wasn´t able to boot with it! i didn´t gt the desktop, only black screen! i give it up! i use the 3.0 again, everything works fine, except usb3.0!

so and back to the topic:
i did some test with different mkv-files. most of them play smooth and fine! there are 2 mkv-files, which don´t! they play also smooth, but i´ve abstracts in the picture, little rectangles! mostly of them appear in the moving parts of the picture.

i´ve made a pastebin of the mediainfo issue, maybe you can use it for error search! the files are 4.1 level, so they should work?!

http://pastebin.com/9A8ZyWhT
http://pastebin.com/pP4Pif73

Strange, mediainfo says L4.1, but.
ReFrames : 6 frames

This is out of spec for L4.1 afaik
@gfisher

Those are HDMI handskake issues with certain equipment, which are also know on windows.
The only thing worth trying that comes to mind is removing and reloading the audio drivers (rmmod, modprobe):

play around with those:
snd_hda_codec_hdmi 32040 1
snd_hda_codec 104931 3 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel
snd_pcm 96714 3 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd 68266 10 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device

if you get it to work manually we can make a script out of it.
Quote:I had formatted the harddrive and installed fresh 11.10 64 bits so no question of overwriting any existing distro or kernel.

crashlog-link

You used the mini.iso as suggested in the howto? If you use a full ubuntu 11.10, please log out and choose unity-2D as your session.

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:Strange, mediainfo says L4.1, but.
ReFrames : 6 frames

This is out of spec for L4.1 afaik

out of spec, that´s bad for me! ok, i´ve to live with that!

is there a way, that xbmc will start automatically with live tv? now i´ve always to click on live tv first and then click again on the channel! i want to use live tv like a normal sat-receiver! power on and live tv is running!
wsnipex
thanks for the tips..

i think i got it with a hardware fix, still testing. you are 100% correct about windows having the same issues. there is a huge, approx 2year long, thread at m$ social and i have been following that.. I found the fix over there... block hdmi pin 19. I tested the tape trick and audio is a rock so far. no more loss of hdmi sound and boot first now has sound! IMO the driver or os needs to better handle pin 19 hotplug levels. I will remove the tape so that it does not get stuck in the lcd hdmi socket. i will cut the hdmi cable pin 19 wire and add a toggle switch so i further test driver reloads like you suggested. I had done most of the archlinux ALSA trouble shooting and according to it the drivers were loaded and the wav played error free, yet no hdmi sound --- if boot first, tv on second.

cutting the pin 19 [Hot Plug Detect (All versions) and HEC Data+ (Optional, HDMI 1.4+ with Ethernet) ] fixes all of my hdmi sound issues on ati 12.2 so far. It's a semi-yucky $4 -$10 hdmi cable fix but it works like a charm thus far. I will continue to look for a sw fix if possible. the fact that logging off then back on to enable hdmi audio fixes it, says this is some kind of driver/os issue. So there may be hope for a patch. hdcp handshake needed? no idea. any new findings and i will post them. cutting pin 19 is a simple fix and I am happy with that.
(2012-03-18, 13:35)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:I had formatted the harddrive and installed fresh 11.10 64 bits so no question of overwriting any existing distro or kernel.

crashlog-link

You used the mini.iso as suggested in the howto? If you use a full ubuntu 11.10, please log out and choose unity-2D as your session.

Hi,

I did a full fresh installation of 11.10 64 bits and all the steps from page 1 again. Logged in as 2D session as per your suggestion. Only issue is i have this bufferring and if i click stop, it just hangs and freezes. I have to restart the system. I cannot watch anything in icefilm or navi-x. No other previous problem of black screen with control buttons at bottom of screen etc. Its only buffferring issue and its really frustrating.

There is no log generated else i'ld have attached it here.

Not sure what to do?
Zotac AD02 E-350
8GB RAM /360 GB HDD
@XBMCnew
Do local files work fine?
I never used icefilms and don`t know what navi-x is.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
please don't complain about buffering when streaming from very questionable internet sources.
I was wondering how soon after the main pvr fork from opdenkamo is updated does this get updated?
(2012-03-19, 16:19)bilbonvidia Wrote: I was wondering how soon after the main pvr fork from opdenkamo is updated does this get updated?

usually between 1 and 3 days
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23