• 7(current)
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox2
@redknight: I think there's an option in the settings that sets how often the epg updates...
By default it updates every two hours I think?
(2012-03-16, 23:24)markus625 Wrote: Remember You can always install OE on a flash drive , I've ordered a usb3 drive and hoping it will boot as quick as a int hard drive

I used a USB drive last weekend and it was really too slow at writing information, it caused a lot of hangs during use although it was possible to use if needed. Duel boot/USB3 pen(if your machine has USB3)/class 10 SDcards is the way to go. Of course a cheap SSD would be best but unneccessary given the price.

USB 2.0 Pen - roughly 3mb/s write, 12mb/s read
USB 3.0 Pen - Roughly 80mb/s read & 60Mb/s write
class 10 SD Card roughly 12mb/s read/write
(2012-03-16, 23:32)mcheng89 Wrote: @redknight: I think there's an option in the settings that sets how often the epg updates...

True, and there's also a nice option to not update during playback but it still wants to update each time I turn the box on for the first time or come out of sleep which is a pain as I have to wait 5 minutes to watch TV.
(2012-03-16, 22:26)jdembski Wrote: Can you make a manual test and post your output of getservices command? (http://yourbox/web/getservices) I just want to see how your bouquets are organised - I basically have only one bouquet (userbouquet.favourites.tv) with ~80 channels - so I don't load all 2000 channels that were found during the channel scan, but only the ones I cherry-picked.

This is my getservices.xml, I have a lot of channels and bouquets and I can confirm it takes a lot of time to load them. Also after restart or crash they are not saved in xbmc so they must be downloaded from VU+ again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zo5lrvsncaq5ndw

Cheers
cross post from openelec forums for anyone who's interested

Have you seen this before?

forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124870

www.mediafire.com/?3krwasijas54d9b
(2012-03-16, 23:39)redknight Wrote:
(2012-03-16, 23:24)markus625 Wrote: Remember You can always install OE on a flash drive , I've ordered a usb3 drive and hoping it will boot as quick as a int hard drive

I used a USB drive last weekend and it was really too slow at writing information, it caused a lot of hangs during use although it was possible to use if needed. Duel boot/USB3 pen(if your machine has USB3)/class 10 SDcards is the way to go. Of course a cheap SSD would be best but unneccessary given the price.

USB 2.0 Pen - roughly 3mb/s write, 12mb/s read
USB 3.0 Pen - Roughly 80mb/s read & 60Mb/s write
class 10 SD Card roughly 12mb/s read/write
(2012-03-16, 23:32)mcheng89 Wrote: @redknight: I think there's an option in the settings that sets how often the epg updates...

True, and there's also a nice option to not update during playback but it still wants to update each time I turn the box on for the first time or come out of sleep which is a pain as I have to wait 5 minutes to watch TV.

I know it updates channels every time. But during a epg update you can still watch tv
I think it's the channel update that takes 5 minutes...
Ultraman has compiled a working ION version of OE with the addon

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8224157/OpenELEC...vpeter.tar

Markus625 and I have an issue with it whereby we only get EPG data for one of the bouquets (the first I think, but not completely sure), aside from that it's working perfectly.
Hi,

Holy Ultraman aka vpeter Wink

Greetz X23
Just to let you guys know i tried a test with just one bouquet on the dreambox with about 30 channels or so and then reset the database for the live tv within xbmc and imported the new channels and still had issues with only some channels geting the epg data.

Ive posted the log file on the openelc forum.

openelec forum
Hopefully fixed by the last commit...
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
I just pushed some changes to make the channel loading faster.

I don't have thousands of channels in my list, so can anyone with such a setup test it? You have to set the path where the channeldata will be stored in the addon-settings - then restart xbmc twice (first it will load the channel data from the webapi and store it onto the HDD. Channels should be loaded from HDD after that)
(2012-03-18, 18:48)jdembski Wrote: I just pushed some changes to make the channel loading faster.

I don't have thousands of channels in my list, so can anyone with such a setup test it? You have to set the path where the channeldata will be stored in the addon-settings - then restart xbmc twice (first it will load the channel data from the webapi and store it onto the HDD. Channels should be loaded from HDD after that)

When you cycle through the bouquets do you get EPG data for all channels?
Any news on windowsbuild? Does it work?
(2012-03-18, 21:24)xayide Wrote: Any news on windowsbuild? Does it work?

I don't have any ideas why EPG etc. is not working on windows - if someone else can look into it then this would be really great...
Could it be utf-8 conversion with the xml from the webif?
(2012-03-18, 21:48)xayide Wrote: Could it be utf-8 conversion with the xml from the webif?

Don't think so - I checked whether the parsing results are correct with some additional debug output, it was fine...
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] PVR Client Addon for XBMC for EPG and full control of Dreambox and DBox217