• 143(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2012-03-12, 20:59)Jimb0 Wrote: I click the game but nothing happens, when I don´t use solo mode the game load and end up in fullscreen.
I checked the debug log but I don´t see anything direct.
Read this for more information about solo mode.

(2012-03-12, 20:59)st graveyard Wrote: Hey Malte,

I gave it another try. It doesn't seem to work for me? What I did was added the field 'description' in my filter and used 'show all items without ...'. I added the description field in both the options (one of these, all of these), none seem to work for me. All 781 one games in the collection show up.

Could it be if the nfo files have nothing in the description field (plot contains nothing, <plot />), but they have a 'plot' tag in the file, so an empty plot is perhaps added? Something the filter sees as a description in the db, even though there is nothing?
Ok, found it. There is a bug when you only filter for game info without filtering for artwork. I already fixed it but I will need some more time to make a new release. In the meantime you can try adding an artwork filter to your game info filter.

Thanks again for testing and reporting!
Hey Malte,

Thanks for letting me know, I will have a look tonight.

For the new release, could you also add the fix for local info files with the collection scrapers?

Cheers,
Grave
Hello good folks of XBMC forums! First time post. I've read through about 150 pages of this forum and I cannot seem to figure out any specific solution to the problem that I have.

I am running OSX 10.6.8 and XBMC 11.0 RC2. I am trying to run Snes9x v. 1.5.3 through RCB on my machine and all it does is launch the emulator but not actually the ROM. I've included my config for perusing. If anyone can give me any pointers, it would be appreciated.
[/code]
Code:
<config version="0.9.5">
  <RomCollections>
    <RomCollection id="2" name="SNES">
      <emulatorCmd>/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/Snes9x/Snes9x.app/Contents/MacOS/Snes9x</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>-m "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Roms/Roms/*.zip</romPath>
      <romPath>/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Roms/Roms/*.smc</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Rom Artwork/boxfront/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Rom Artwork/boxback/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Rom Artwork/cartridge/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Rom Artwork/screenshot/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Rom Artwork/fanart/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
      <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan>
      <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate>
      <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain>
      <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo>
      <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename>
      <maxFolderDepth>99</maxFolderDepth>
      <doNotExtractZipFiles>False</doNotExtractZipFiles>
      <diskPrefix>_Disk</diskPrefix>
      <imagePlacingMain>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingMain>
      <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfobig</imagePlacingInfo>
      <scraper name="thegamesdb.net" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="archive.vg" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="mobygames.com" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
    </RomCollection>
  </RomCollections>
  <FileTypes>
    <FileType id="1" name="boxfront">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="2" name="boxback">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="3" name="cartridge">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="4" name="screenshot">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="5" name="fanart">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="6" name="action">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="7" name="title">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="8" name="3dbox">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="9" name="romcollection">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>romcollection</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="10" name="developer">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>developer</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="11" name="publisher">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>publisher</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="12" name="gameplay">
      <type>video</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="13" name="cabinet">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
    <FileType id="14" name="marquee">
      <type>image</type>
      <parent>game</parent>
    </FileType>
  </FileTypes>
  <ImagePlacing>
    <fileTypeFor name="gameinfobig">
      <fileTypeForGameList>boxfront</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameList>screenshot</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameList>title</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameList>action</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>boxfront</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>screenshot</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>title</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>action</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>fanart</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>boxfront</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>screenshot</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>title</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>action</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>screenshot</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>boxfront</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>action</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>title</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoBig>
      <fileTypeForMainView1>publisher</fileTypeForMainView1>
      <fileTypeForMainView2>romcollection</fileTypeForMainView2>
      <fileTypeForMainView3>developer</fileTypeForMainView3>
    </fileTypeFor>
    <fileTypeFor name="gameinfosmall">
      <fileTypeForGameList>screenshot</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameList>action</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>screenshot</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>action</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>fanart</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewBackground>screenshot</fileTypeForMainViewBackground>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>screenshot</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>action</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>title</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>boxfront</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerLeft>cartridge</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerLeft>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>boxback</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>title</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>
    </fileTypeFor>
    <fileTypeFor name="gameinfomamemarquee">
      <fileTypeForGameList>marquee</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>marquee</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLeft>cabinet</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLeft>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>title</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>action</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLowerRight>
    </fileTypeFor>
    <fileTypeFor name="gameinfomamecabinet">
      <fileTypeForGameList>cabinet</fileTypeForGameList>
      <fileTypeForGameListSelected>cabinet</fileTypeForGameListSelected>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>title</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperLeft>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>action</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoUpperRight>
      <fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLower>marquee</fileTypeForMainViewGameInfoLower>
    </fileTypeFor>
  </ImagePlacing>
</config>
Do you know how to launch a game in general on Mac via command line? In RCB it must look similar to this.

After you tried to launch a game with RCB you will find a line like this in xbmc.log:
Code:
07:26:33 T:1184  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: cmd: "/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/Snes9x/Snes9x.app/Contents/MacOS/Snes9x" "/Users/<username>/Roms/Super Nintendo/SNES Roms/Roms/Actraiser.smc"
Copy and paste the command and try launch it via command line. Maybe modify it (e.g. remove "") until it works and tell us which version is intended to work. Maybe I have to make some changes in the code to get it working. But I know there have been Mac users around that were able to launch games on OSX.
I tried this first, which did not work:

Code:
open /path/to/emulator /path/to/rom.zip

I then unzipped the ROM and did this instead:

Code:
open /path/to/emulator /path/to/rom.smc

This worked, but it launched 2 instances of the emulator, which is not precisely what I was looking for, but effective. Lastly I clipped the /path/to/emulator part and ended up just with this:

Code:
open /path/to/rom.smc

This worked, launched the emulator & ROM flawlessly, although it does not seem that I could pass emulator specific parameters to it in either of the last 2 options.
Figure I should clarify my last post. I was able to get the emulator to launch a rom directly from command line, but not from RCB itself. I tried editing the config a bit to drop the emulatorParams line & just run with emulatorCmd with "open /path/to/emu "%ROM%"" and that just caused XBMC to blink for a second when trying to launch a game. I'm running straight .smc files now (no zips) so that I could try using "open "%ROM%"" as a parameter, no dice there. I tried deleting the collection & reimporting, no dice (although I don't know where everything regarding RCB is at on OSX so that I could make sure to truly blow away everything).

Anyone with a Mac care to jump in & tell me what you did to get RCB to launch both the emu & the rom? Was there a separate shell/py script that you developed that you point to instead and it executes it?

Thanks!
Sorry, can't help as I don't own a Mac or have any OS X running here. But maybe you should try something like this as params in config.xml:

Code:
<emulatorCmd>open</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>"%ROM%"</emulatorParams>

Try "%ROM%" with and without "" and see what will fit.

There is also a way to launch emulators per script with exiting XBMC before launching the emulator. Check this section in the wiki. Maybe you can modify the applaunch.sh file to fit your needs better.
Doing that does start the actual ROM in the forefront, but the focus is still on XBMC. Also cannot pass any specific commands to the emulator otherwise it just blinks XBMC for a second. Getting closer at least. More testing to do.

Question on that script.

Code:
if [ -z "$*" ]; then
    echo "No arguments provided."
    echo "Usage:"
    echo "launcher.sh [/path/to/]executable [arguments]"
    exit
fi

Am I supposed to replace the [/path...] stuff with my emu path?
(2012-03-16, 01:45)patryn150 Wrote: Question on that script.

Code:
if [ -z "$*" ]; then
    echo "No arguments provided."
    echo "Usage:"
    echo "launcher.sh [/path/to/]executable [arguments]"
    exit
fi

Am I supposed to replace the [/path...] stuff with my emu path?
No, this is just some text that will be written to the console if the script is not invoked with the correct parameters. Usually you don't have to change anything inside this script. But the Mac part inside the script has not been done by me. It was written by another Mac user some months ago. So at least it worked with previous OS X versions. You can check around page 36, 37 of this thread and look for posts from user "ryosaeba87". Not sure if this will help.

For some reason when I try to launch anything now RCB simply doesn't launch anything. In solo mode it exists XBMC but after that nothing happens. Without solo mode it sets XBMC to windowed mode and goes back to fullscreen right after. I don't know when exactly this started to happen but I changed nothing in the RCB settings and the collections worked before. I use the XBMC 11 RC 2. It could have happened after an update of RCB.
(2012-03-18, 21:55)Darkcloud Wrote: For some reason when I try to launch anything now RCB simply doesn't launch anything. In solo mode it exists XBMC but after that nothing happens. Without solo mode it sets XBMC to windowed mode and goes back to fullscreen right after. I don't know when exactly this started to happen but I changed nothing in the RCB settings and the collections worked before. I use the XBMC 11 RC 2. It could have happened after an update of RCB.
Can you show me the log after you tried to launch a game?

Hi malte,

First off, RCB is awesome, I greatly prefer it over Advanced Launcher. But I seem to have a similar problem with games not launching, only my problem is isolated to MAME. I also have Zsnes and Fusion installed for my 16-bit console fix, they both work fine. MAME also works when I launch it from the command prompt or from windows explorer, but not from RCB. On selecting a game, the system seems to try and launch, but then returns to XBMC. On launching any Metal Slug, I even get to see MAME loading the rom, but then it also quits back to XBMC.

Here's a debug log of starting Afterburner 2, I can't figure out what is going wrong. I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance anyway.

http://pastebin.com/K9VhSpyA

EDIT: I'm on Win 7 with Eden RC2 by the way, and scraped the MAME data as per your info involving emumovies.
(2012-03-20, 23:49)WeirdH Wrote: MAME also works when I launch it from the command prompt or from windows explorer, but not from RCB. On selecting a game, the system seems to try and launch, but then returns to XBMC. On launching any Metal Slug, I even get to see MAME loading the rom, but then it also quits back to XBMC.

Here's a debug log of starting Afterburner 2, I can't figure out what is going wrong. I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance anyway.

http://pastebin.com/K9VhSpyA
I guess you have to add the path to your roms in mame.ini and tell RCB (or MAME) the path to your mame.ini via -inipath parameter. You can edit this in emu params config in Edit Rom Collection dialog.

(2012-03-22, 08:09)malte Wrote: I guess you have to add the path to your roms in mame.ini and tell RCB (or MAME) the path to your mame.ini via -inipath parameter. You can edit this in emu params config in Edit Rom Collection dialog.

Thanks for your reply. Sadly, this does not work. My mame.ini states this:
Code:
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
rompath                   roms
hashpath                  hash
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork
ctrlrpath                 ctrlr
inipath                   .;ini
fontpath                  .
cheatpath                 cheat
crosshairpath             crosshair

I also tried substituting that info with the entire paths, but to no avail. But as I said above, the emulator seems to find and start the roms (best seen with Metal Slug games, which even load up to about 90%), only to quickly flash a little cmd-window (I think) and quit back to XBMC. No such behaviour when manually starting mame.exe from windows or even cmd, so I reckoned it must have something to do with the way XBMC/RCB calls the emulator.
Maybe it finds the rom it should load but requires other roms that it can't find. Did you try adding the inipath in your emulator params?

Should look like this:
Code:
"%ROM%" -effect aperture1x3rb -skip_gameinfo -inipath "C:\Temptroep\HTPC-zooi\EMULATIE\MAME\mame.ini"

Maybe you can also try to set the "%ROM%" at the end of the params like this:
Code:
-effect aperture1x3rb -skip_gameinfo -inipath "C:\Temptroep\HTPC-zooi\EMULATIE\MAME\mame.ini" "%ROM%"

The difference between launching MAME from cmd/explorer and XBMC is that in cmd/explorer you usually start the emulator from its own home directory. So all relative pathes will be resolved correctly. When you launch it from XBMC it is launched from XBMCs home directory. So you need to use absolute pathes where ever possible and additionally tell MAME where to find the ini file.

• 143(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20