• 70(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
If you allow Media Companion to scrap all your movies using the imdb database. Then you "set content" in xbmc using imdb for your scrapper info, does xbmc read this local scrapper data info versus going on the internet to download all this content? I am figuring this being the case, just wondering if I am missing something.
(2012-03-13, 05:28)jimsmonte80 Wrote: If you allow Media Companion to scrap all your movies using the imdb database. Then you "set content" in xbmc using imdb for your scrapper info, does xbmc read this local scrapper data info versus going on the internet to download all this content? I am figuring this being the case, just wondering if I am missing something.

Maybe I should rephrase my question, sounds stupid when I reread it. How do I know for sure, that xbmc is using this nfo created by mediacompanion? So any edits I do to this nfo file will transfer to xbmc as long as I update the library? So is there a feature in xbmc to check for changes when xbmc starts up?
(2012-03-13, 15:03)jimsmonte80 Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 05:28)jimsmonte80 Wrote: If you allow Media Companion to scrap all your movies using the imdb database. Then you "set content" in xbmc using imdb for your scrapper info, does xbmc read this local scrapper data info versus going on the internet to download all this content? I am figuring this being the case, just wondering if I am missing something.

Maybe I should rephrase my question, sounds stupid when I reread it. How do I know for sure, that xbmc is using this nfo created by mediacompanion? So any edits I do to this nfo file will transfer to xbmc as long as I update the library? So is there a feature in xbmc to check for changes when xbmc starts up?

Yes, under Settings>Video>Library and Settings>Music>Library there's "Update Library on Startup" and "Hide progress of Update".
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-13, 15:39)DDDamian Wrote:

Yes, under Settings>Video>Library and Settings>Music>Library there's "Update Library on Startup" and "Hide progress of Update".

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is scrapper data stored locally to each xbmc device regardless if the nfo file is on a local server or it had to go to the internet for it. So is there any benefit to creating a library database file from one xbmc device and exporting that file to import to another xbmc device. Or is that just a waste of time when you could just let each xbmc device retreive scrapper data from your local server where nfo files are stored?

(2012-03-13, 21:07)jimsmonte80 Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 15:39)DDDamian Wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is scrapper data stored locally to each xbmc device regardless if the nfo file is on a local server or it had to go to the internet for it. So is there any benefit to creating a library database file from one xbmc device and exporting that file to import to another xbmc device. Or is that just a waste of time when you could just let each xbmc device retreive scrapper data from your local server where nfo files are stored?

Then yes, it would be a waste of time. XBMC will cache the art locally anyways for speed. This will change post-Eden to some degree as the art will be maintained in textures.db, so it is stored in the library per se, but I believe local thumbs will still be generated.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the education! Makes sense to me.
Hi,

Somehow Media Companion sometimes adds set "-none-" to the NFO, causing XBMC to add them to a set called '-None-'. Is there anyway to counter this other than manually editing the NFO's?

greets and thanks
Any way to download the trailers when you when you make the "New Movie Search" scan?
(i.e an automated batch trailer download).
Thanks
(2012-03-16, 17:56)MV1990 Wrote: Hi,

Somehow Media Companion sometimes adds set "-none-" to the NFO, causing XBMC to add them to a set called '-None-'. Is there anyway to counter this other than manually editing the NFO's?

greets and thanks

This was an issue a little while ago which I thought was addressed. Is it possible this is a hangover from a previous version?
If so, ensure -None- is selected (counter-intuitive, I know!) then click the Save button in the top-right. It's the save routine that sorts out the Set tag.
(Also just noticed a bug where the default selected movie at start-up will crash MC when saving, even if an actual set is selected - select a different movie first then back if this is the case. Will add that to issue list.)
(2012-03-18, 00:24)tinybilbo Wrote: Any way to download the trailers when you when you make the "New Movie Search" scan?
(i.e an automated batch trailer download).
Thanks

I am not sure, due to the fact that I never use the trailers feature. There has been talk about this in the past but I'm not sure what the status is. I think it relies on XBMC to do the auto download where MC just provides the link(?).
Some other users may have more experience with this.
any way to get TMDB as a scrapper in their

*edit*
sorry just dug around and saw it
is the XBMC scrapper for TMDB still with the IMDB fall back >?
*edit* Clicked on it and it crashed
http://pastebin.com/Gh6rvYpE

I have only just got it running so I have no looked to well yet sorry if its already in their

I could not get V3.400 to work ( the stable one ) .net said it could not find version or something

running V3.4.3.3 it throws up an error on start but appears to be working
http://pastebin.com/687HPMPi

sadly I have to run this via an Windows OS in VMware as wine / mono would not start it up

its a shame its been coded in .NET something like this project should have been done on a more universal Lang

( Running FreeBSD )

I am hoping this will help fine tune my XBMC with out having to rename any of my files

would it be possible to add Anime scrapper in their (A)

*edit*

sorry I only posted here because I saw other posts from today ( that and I am slowly reading through the 100 pages of comments here )

also I think I found a bug

with Personal DVD RIPS

you know how we had to use underscores instead of spaces .. well the IMDB search seems to not be finding movies Content if they have underscores

ie

from underscored SEX_IN_THE_CITY_2 DVD Folder its Creating the VIDEO_TS.nfo file containing
http://pastebin.com/7JVy3qub

the NFO Creater should be Changing Underscores to Spaces

while a folder with spaces ie DVD folder The Blind Side

http://pastebin.com/MDz3DNc7

worked fine

*edit*

but then I found an underscored DVD title that worked ?? DID_YOU_HEAR_ABOUT_THE_MORGANS its removed the underscores for it

http://pastebin.com/fFte7EnR

ok I worked out what ones are not working its any that are a sequel SISTERHOOD_TRAVELING_PANTS_2 did not work either
took advice below and changed from numerical 2 and made it a two and it worked

I won't get into how I am annoyed that my original NFO's were over written but I guess it had to be done to keep duplicates from showing

would have been better if their was some other file extension used or a nfo renamer that backed them up

*edit*

ok noticed they got renamed to info Tongue .. now I just have to change my script to not look for NFO's now and some how trick my torrent client to think its reading a nfo file instead of an info file

I am also trying to work out how you are meant to save / exit the program ... I seem to have to start from scratch every time I start it

@MasterCATZ
You are better off posting this at the Media Companion site seeing as you are already a registered member, unless of course you are specifically looking for advice from the XBMC community.
Hey guys, I'm having a problem. I have 50 movies. Media Companion only sees 49. I have double checked the folder structure, it's fine. I even went into Ember Media Manager to scrape it, in hopes that Media Companion would find the info, but no luck. For the record, the movie is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which is in the exact same format as the rest of the Harry Potter collection I have, and they all work, so it shouldn't be a format problem. The log file shows nothing out of the ordinary. I've refreshed for new movies, checked for new movies, and removed and re-added the folder for new movies. I even took a fresh unzip of MediaCompanion and tried that. No luck. Nothing works. Please help. And let me know if you need more information.
This could be one of two things:
The most likely is that it is treating the two movies as a multipart/stacked movie. Any one of part, pt, cd, dvd, and disk followed by a numeral will be treated as stacked. Try changing to Part One/Two or Part I/II.
The cause may be the magic number of 50; the scraping algorithm switches at 50, but I didn't write it, and I don't know how it works....I hope it's the first case!
(2012-03-19, 05:09)HueyHq Wrote: This could be one of two things:
The most likely is that it is treating the two movies as a multipart/stacked movie. Any one of part, pt, cd, dvd, and disk followed by a numeral will be treated as stacked. Try changing to Part One/Two or Part I/II.
The cause may be the magic number of 50; the scraping algorithm switches at 50, but I didn't write it, and I don't know how it works....I hope it's the first case!

Thank you. I changed them from part 1 and part 2 to part one and part two and its working now. Thank you for your help Smile
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1