• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
I'm trying to compile the binary to see if it will work on OpenELEC 64bit but i'm getting this error:

configure: error: Missing a required library, please install it or disable X11 support by passing --without-x11 to configure

X11 is installed on my system (Ubuntu 32bit) but can't seem to pass this error.
Second question is if there is a config option to compile it for 64bit systems or is this library the same for both?

edit:
Compiling for x86_64 is solved (--build=x86_64) only X11 error left.
Another forum member talked about chmod did the trick but what should i chmod ?
(2012-03-18, 11:26)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm trying to compile the binary to see if it will work on OpenELEC 64bit but i'm getting this error:

configure: error: Missing a required library, please install it or disable X11 support by passing --without-x11 to configure

Second question is if there is a config option to compile it for 64bit systems or is this library the same for both?

edit:

don´t know the exact names of the libraries (probably libx...-dev) but I think an "apt-get build-dep wine" did the trick for me some time ago when i had the same error Big Grin will install some unneeded libraries too of course.

EDIT: generic 64 bit building isn´t possible at the moment, or am i wrong?

EDIT2: and if you want to compile openelec on ubuntu, only compiling on ubuntu 10.10 or less is officially supported. If it doesn´t work you could use a schroot environment.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-03-18, 13:27)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 11:26)schumi2004 Wrote: I'm trying to compile the binary to see if it will work on OpenELEC 64bit but i'm getting this error:

edit:

don´t know the exact names of the libraries (probably libx...-dev) but I think an "apt-get build-dep wine" did the trick for me some time ago when i had the same error Big Grin will install some unneeded libraries too of course.

EDIT2: and if you want to compile openelec on ubuntu, only compiling on ubuntu 10.10 or less is officially supported. If it doesn´t work you could use a schroot environment.
Thanks for the tip about build-dep wine solved my X11 error but now i have missing header for ffmpeg and i should run it with --without-ffmpeg which is strage since it's already added. (./configure --without-portaudio --without-ffmpeg --prefix=/usr)

I added --build=x86_64 and it didn't complain, if i got a proper build i'm going to test if it worked, first getting that ffmpeg bug gone.
(2012-03-18, 13:46)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 13:27)phil65 Wrote:

edit:

Thanks for the tip about build-dep wine solved my X11 error but now i have missing header for ffmpeg and i should run it with --without-ffmpeg which is strage since it's already added. (./configure --without-portaudio --without-ffmpeg --prefix=/usr)

I added --build=x86_64 and it didn't complain, if i got a proper build i'm going to test if it worked, first getting that ffmpeg bug gone.

you only need --without-pulseaudio, you can ignore the ffmpeg error then I think.
EDIT: what are you tryin to do actually? compile the complete openelec or only the boblightd addon?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
@phil65
I'm trying to compile libboblight.so which i'll hope will work on OpenELEC x86_64.
I have tried several installs to get XBMC Boblight working on OE x86_64 but they all failed. Always missing library, so i thought compiling one for x86_64 myself since some users report they got it working on 64bits systems.

Compiling went fine now on my Ubuntu 10.10 system only didn't get the expected *.so file (only got libboblight.la and *.a) but that i will figure out. (I'm a linux noob so can take a while Wink )
Thanks for helping.

EDIT:
I tried it again and it returned the following error (revision 420):
Code:
In file included from clients/boblight-v4l/videograbber.h:41,
                 from clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp:28:
/usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:1288: error: use of enum ‘AVMediaType’ without previous declaration
/usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2668: error: use of enum ‘AVMediaType’ without previous declaration
/usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:2714: error: use of enum ‘AVMediaType’ without previous declaration
/usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3252: error: use of enum ‘AVMediaType’ without previous declaration
/usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3265: error: use of enum ‘AVMediaType’ without previous declaration
In file included from clients/boblight-v4l/videograbber.h:42,
                 from clients/boblight-v4l/boblight-v4l.cpp:28:
/usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:813: error: use of enum ‘AVMediaType’ without previous declaration
make[2]: *** [boblight-v4l.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/openelec/testttttt/trunk/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/openelec/testttttt/trunk'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any suggestions?

EDIT2:
Revision 400 seems to work fine.
(2012-03-18, 08:10)phil65 Wrote: i think you can, even when using openelec. some openelec addons have a sleep.d folder in their root, the boblightd addon seems to get it too I think ( https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...6d3c9f77cf )
I´m still waitin for a new PVR build, if you don ´t use PVR an OpenELEC version with this change should be available from the official daily builds.
and if that does not work you can still build your own OpenELEC image.

excellent, I'll update my build and see if it is included in the latest one. If not I'll just wait. Thanks for pointing this out

"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2012-03-19, 07:38)lrusak Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 08:10)phil65 Wrote: i think you can, even when using openelec. some openelec addons have a sleep.d folder in their root, the boblightd addon seems to get it too I think ( https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...6d3c9f77cf )
I´m still waitin for a new PVR build, if you don ´t use PVR an OpenELEC version with this change should be available from the official daily builds.
and if that does not work you can still build your own OpenELEC image.

excellent, I'll update my build and see if it is included in the latest one. If not I'll just wait. Thanks for pointing this out

just updated to latest build "OpenELEC Version: devel-20120318030055-r10162" but it did not seem to solve my problem

"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Please don't go that far off-topic. I understand that build issues and OpenELEC stuff might be related to the addon, but the distance seems more and more to increase.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
sorry Tongue
@Memphiz/Bobo1on1: do you have an idea for my problem? or can i cancel the project "boblightd on fritzbox"? Big Grin
So after trying out pretty much every option imaginable I decided to ignore the tutorial completely and work my way from the ground up in order to try and identify the problem.

I am using the simplest possible test setup: Image

I simplified (in my view) the Arduino code to the following:
Code:
int red, green, blue;
int redPin =9;
int greenPin =10;
int bluePin =11;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(38400);
  int red=255;
  int blue=255;
  int green=255;
}

void loop()
{
if (Serial.available()>=4) {
if(Serial.read() == 0xaa){
red = Serial.read();
green= Serial.read();
blue = Serial.read();
}
}

analogWrite (redPin, red);
analogWrite (greenPin, green);
analogWrite (bluePin, blue);
delay(10); //just to be safe
}

and my boblight.conf now looks like this:

Code:
[global]
interface       127.0.0.1
port            19333

[device]
name            arduino
output          /dev/ttyACM0
channels        3
type            momo
interval        20000
rate            38400
prefix          AA

#arduino bootloader runs when opening the serial port for the first time
#delay transmission one second after opening so we don.t send shit to the bootloader
delayafteropen  3000000
debug          on

[color]
name            red
rgb             FF0000

[color]
name            green
rgb             00FF00

[color]
name            blue
rgb             0000FF

[light]
name            main
color           red     arduino 1
color           green   arduino 2
color           blue    arduino 3
hscan           0 100
vscan           0 100

The end result is that boblight is now showing some signs of life and seems to be actually working. My only problem is that the red LED does not light up at all for some reason. It's not a hardware issue as I tested it with a direct +5V and it lit up fine. Any ideas what it might be?

(2012-03-19, 15:09)beta-j Wrote: So after trying out pretty much every option imaginable I decided to ignore the tutorial completely and work my way from the ground up in order to try and identify the problem.

I am using the simplest possible test setup: Image

I simplified (in my view) the Arduino code to the following:
Code:
int red, green, blue;
int redPin =9;
int greenPin =10;
int bluePin =11;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(38400);
  int red=255;
  int blue=255;
  int green=255;
}

void loop()
{
if (Serial.available()>=4) {
if(Serial.read() == 0xaa){
red = Serial.read();
green= Serial.read();
blue = Serial.read();
}
}

analogWrite (redPin, red);
analogWrite (greenPin, green);
analogWrite (bluePin, blue);
delay(10); //just to be safe
}

and my boblight.conf now looks like this:

Code:
[global]
interface       127.0.0.1
port            19333

[device]
name            arduino
output          /dev/ttyACM0
channels        3
type            momo
interval        20000
rate            38400
prefix          AA

#arduino bootloader runs when opening the serial port for the first time
#delay transmission one second after opening so we don.t send shit to the bootloader
delayafteropen  3000000
debug          on

[color]
name            red
rgb             FF0000

[color]
name            green
rgb             00FF00

[color]
name            blue
rgb             0000FF

[light]
name            main
color           red     arduino 1
color           green   arduino 2
color           blue    arduino 3
hscan           0 100
vscan           0 100

The end result is that boblight is now showing some signs of life and seems to be actually working. My only problem is that the red LED does not light up at all for some reason. It's not a hardware issue as I tested it with a direct +5V and it lit up fine. Any ideas what it might be?

Does the red LED work on the other channels? Tried a smaller resistor?
I wouldn´t change the arduino code because a) the one from bobo1on1 is proven and b)you probably won´t get support from the devs when using some modified software code Big Grin
Quote:Does the red LED work on the other channels? Tried a smaller resistor?
I wouldn´t change the arduino code because a) the one from bobo1on1 is proven and b)you probably won´t get support from the devs when using some modified software code Big Grin

OK...fixed it...turns out it was a dead contact on my breadboard.

I was referring the tutorial posted here: http://hackhappy.org/linux/build-your-ow...-boblight/

for some reason that arduino code and boblight.conf combination is not working for me.

Anyway...everything's working now, so I'm happy...now I just need to scale up to an LED strip and 12V supply and try and make the light change sa bit more responsive.

thanks for your help guys Smile

I'm trying to run the add-on on my Win7 HTPC running Eden.

Code:
22:48:14 T:1836  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Sep  6 2011 (Git:20110906-5e50c25, compiler 1600)

I have installed boblight 1.3b1 which is also available on Windows and my strands flickered RED GREEN BLUE once after starting, meaning bonlighthd can find the strands.

Now I've tried installing the add-on, which works fine, until it tries to download the library at first run. I get the simple error "Error, failed. script.xbmc.boblight).

I checked the log and tried to install the .dll manually, but same problem.

Code:
22:48:19 T:4860  NOTICE: boblight: Error loading C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\resources\lib\libboblight-win32.0.dll - only demo mode.
22:48:26 T:4860  NOTICE: boblight: try to fetch libboblight
22:48:27 T:4860  NOTICE: boblight: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/build-deps/addon-deps/binaries/libboblight\win32\libboblight-win32.0.dll.zip -> C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\resources\lib\libboblight-win32.0.dll
22:48:27 T:4860   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
22:48:27 T:4860   ERROR: Error Contents: function takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
22:48:27 T:4860   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 166, in <module>
                                                tools_downloadLibBoblight()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\resources\lib\tools.py", line 73, in tools_downloadLibBoblight
                                                xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Extract("%s","%s")' % (dest + ".zip", destdir), True)
                                            TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

What's going wrong here? I know the .zip containing the .dll is there (I downloaded it manually).
@gsjosh 1.3b1 is incompatible you need to use kimp93's bin. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid986377

I got it partially working for a friend of mine, it fails on the config now. Arduino is connected to COM4 but when i enter this in boblight.conf it can't be found.
Entering COM4 as output device didn't work, any suggestions?
Hi

I've just changed my Atmolight setup with some 2801 adressable strips using standard adalight arduin .pde + boblightd.
Everything works really good so far, and cpu usage for 100 leds is just almost the same as before with my 4 standard rgb strips.

Just a quick question, it seems boblight only handles 8 bit colors. Is it planned in a near future to make it works with 16M colors or at least 32k colors ?
Colors should be more accurate that way.

Regards.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3