TV Season Fanart Question
Hi, Love Aeon Nox!

I'm using Eden RC2 on Window 7 Ultimate with Aeon Nox SVN latest build.

My problem is I cannot for the life of me get Season fanart for TV series to show! I have my media configured thus:
TV Series\Doctor Who (2005)\Season 1\fanart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005)\Season 1\folder.jpg

The folder.jpg shows OK, but the only fanart that shows is the show-level fanart.

This is what I get in TV SHOWS: I see the series fanart:

This is what i see for season 1:

This is what I see for season 2:

As you can see the season fanart is not shown, it should be this for season 1:

And this for season 2:

As you can see I am using Showcase view with coverflow, InfoPanel Icon is set to Fanart and Backdrop options, Season Fanart is ticked, but STILL I do not see season level fanart!!!!

Please can anyone help?
OK - D'oh Time!!!

Read the FAQ:
Quote:•How do I enable season fanart?
- Place fanart in the root of your TV show and name it: season<number>-fanart.jpg.
Example: season1-fanart.jpg

I'll try this and report back later!!!
I've tried the above and placed a season<number>-fanart.jpg (eg season1-fanart.jpg) in the season 1 folder, but still no change. I just get the all seasons fanart.

If I press "i" to show TV show info, the correct season fanart does show behind the info, but not when browsing.

Is no-one else having this issue?

Big_Noid, ca nyou please help?
(2012-03-13, 09:29)spinecho Wrote: How do I enable season fanart?
- Place fanart in the root of your TV show and name it: season<number>-fanart.jpg.
Example: season1-fanart.jpg

I think placing them in the show's root folder is required, not in the corresponding season folders.

EDIT: Also make sure you have enabled the "Season Fanart" option in the media menu.
That is correct, it must be in the root of your show. When I first added this there was no intention to add support for any other language then English, but season fanart was incompatible with the old way for non-english users. This way i hope to give non-english users also season anart. This means that the English users will have to do some conversion unfortunately.
Cheers for the help guys!
sorry, for some reason I didn't see the bit that states placing them in the root folder; I'll try again
It Works, but I had to remove the space between "season" and the season number!!

However (and I guess it's an XBMC "feature" and not a skin issue) is there any way to display the season level fanart in the infobox as "Icon" as well as the background, as I like to have the infobox on all the time and it then obscures the fanart?
E.G. like in this mock-up (ignore the background as I've reused an old image before I sorted the season level fanart!!!)?

Thanks for the help.
(2012-03-14, 22:14)spinecho Wrote: However (and I guess it's an XBMC "feature" and not a skin issue) is there any way to display the season level fanart in the infobox as "Icon" as well as the background, as I like to have the infobox on all the time and it then obscures the fanart?
E.G. like in this mock-up...

OK, go to the -hidden- folder "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\720p\", and open the file "variables.xml". Find "FanartTextureVar" around line 318, and add the following around line 324, just before "<value>$INFO[ListItem.property(fanart_image)]</value>":

Quote:<value condition="Skin.HasSetting(SeasonFanart) + Container.Content(seasons) + !SubString(ListItem.Label,*,left)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,season,-fanart.jpg]</value>

Save the file and open XBMC. After enabling "Season Fanart" you'll have what you want. I mentioned the changes you have to make, because the file will be overwritten after every SVN update (almost daily), and you'll have to make the changes again. You could just disable the automatic updates (press LEFT in the Add-Ons menu), or keep a backup of the edited "variables.xml" file, and replace the updated one every time (but that will cause problems if Big_Noid himself makes changes to this file).
CutSickAss, thanks for that! I'm at work at mo (damn work getting in the way!!!), so I'll give it a go later.
So downloading the Season Fanart Posters is something that needs to be done manually? Or is there an automated way to get this done?
Afaik this has to be done manually, unless thetvdb or fanart.tv starts working with season fanart.
(2012-03-20, 10:42)Big_Noid Wrote: Afaik this has to be done manually, unless thetvdb or fanart.tv starts working with season fanart.
i use the latest version of Ember and it can automatically create season fanart.
However, it only saves it in the season folder (not in the root) and uses the naming convention: season <number>-fanart.jpg with a space between "season" and "<number>".

It did take a bit of work but IMO it is worth it to use the skin to it's full magnificent potentional!

Now.... if there was only some way to change Big_Noid's mind regarding MovieSets..!!!!!Wink

(2012-03-20, 13:01)spinecho Wrote: Now.... if there was only some way to change Big_Noid's mind regarding MovieSets..!!!!!Wink

Moviesets add-on is now supported for all infopanel views (showcase/landscape/dvd case). Must enable group movies in sets to work and also the movie sets addon of course.
(2012-03-20, 14:57)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 13:01)spinecho Wrote: Now.... if there was only some way to change Big_Noid's mind regarding MovieSets..!!!!!Wink

Moviesets add-on is now supported for all infopanel views (showcase/landscape/dvd case). Must enable group movies in sets to work and also the movie sets addon of course.
@Big_Noid Thank you so much for your hard work with this skin! With MovieSets Mod support, Aeon Nox is now THE must have skin!Big Grin

hello, i have a question plz.
thit setup is like how i want it exactly, but for me the background (backdrop) changed with each season but the artwork in the info panel stays the same and I'd like to reverse the situation. i.e change the artwork in the info panel with the season's artwork and keep the big one behind the same. (what is shown in your ''after'' screenshots)
any help would be appreciated ,thx Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Season Fanart Question0